HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cristobal Huet, the next Miikka Kiprusoff ?

Old
09-01-2006, 07:59 PM
NewBlood

vCash: 500
Swiss is not a language. The three official languages of Switzerland are german, french and italian. Aebischer's first language is german.

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
Swiss is not a language. The three official languages of Switzerland are german, french and italian. Aebischer's first language is german.
heh, no wonder it sounded weird when I typed that in. Thanks for the correction.

what is the most popular language in switzerland?

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 08:08 PM
MM425

There are some similarities... lets all pray that he is!

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 09:10 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
what is the most popular language in switzerland?
German by far.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/co...es/1035212.stm

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 09:56 PM
malaka_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
What can we expect from Huet for the 2006-2007 season?

I was a big fan of Miikka Kiprusoff during the 2003-2004 season. I always like his style, a ''outsider'' who doesn't talk much , who is very calm on the ice and who is never out of position. He came out from nowhere, he was a good backup in San José and he became a superstar when he stole the no 1 spot in Calgary.

I had the same feeling when I saw Huet in the net for the first time. A goaltender who is always extremely calm, who is always in the right position and who don't take useless risk just to be spectacular. So I was wondering, do you think that Huet can be the next Miikka Kiprusoff? Look at their career stats.

Miikka Kiprusoff (career-regular season)

159 games
Save percentage : 91,8%
GAA: 2,18
SO: 17
Vezina Trophy winner in 2005-2006
William M. Jennings Trophy in 2005-2006

Christobal Huet (career-regular season)

89 games
Save percentage : 91,8%
GAA: 2,32
SO: 11
NHL - Roger Crozier Saving Grace Award (Best save percentage) in 2005-2006

Miikka Kiprusoff (career-playoff season)

37 games
Save percentage : 92,7%
GAA: 1,92
SO: 5
Stanley Cup Finalist in 2003-2004

Christobal Huet (career-playoff season)

6 games
Save percentage : 92,9%
GAA: 2,33
SO: 0

I like the comparaison between those two guys. Those guys seems so solid in front of the net that they make their own players better. Their teamates seems to play more agressively since they know that their goaltenders can repair their mistakes.

They are two ''outsiders''. We can't compare them to Loungo, Brodeur, Turco, Théodore , Giguere , Hasek etc....

I'm not saying that Huet will be for sure just as good as Kiprusoff. I just think that those guys have a lot of things in common and I think that our future look bright with Huet in front of our net.

Thanks for the long reading!
Discuss!

HUET SUCKS....

malaka_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Belso

I like Huet, but he's no Kiprusoff.. I'm willing to talk about this again in a year or two...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Sthabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaka_08 View Post
HUET SUCKS....
dude go back in the bruins board

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
And Danis.... I, for one, would be fully confident if we included Aebi in a package to fix our #1-2 centers or #1-2 dman and used Danis as backup... the guy is ready, and is more stable than Aebi in nets.
Didn't look too ready in Hamilton.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 02:31 AM
SPARTAKUS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I would be prudent with Huet. He never played in more than 40 games in a season (except this season were he played 40games + 6 games in the playoffs).

Martin Gerber also had success last season playing more games than he used to play, and he felt down during the playoffs....

Personnaly, I think the Huet-Aebisher duo will be good for the team.
Gerber was sick during the playoffs. Keep that in mind. Thank you

SPARTAKUS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 02:36 AM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAKUS View Post
Too many pucks went by him, it got windy around his net and he got a cold.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 06:10 PM
wildone26*

He cant be the next Kiprusoff. Kiprusoff won the Vezina. Huet has no chance at that since he only plays 40-45 games a year, not even close to enough for any chance to match that feat. So he is not the next Kiprusoff.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 06:20 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
He cant be the next Kiprusoff. Kiprusoff won the Vezina. Huet has no chance at that since he only plays 40-45 games a year, not even close to enough for any chance to match that feat. So he is not the next Kiprusoff.
And how many games did Kipper start in 2003-2004? Thanks for playing.

Still bitter that Huet put a dent in your boyfriends career?

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 06:24 PM
BigStar

Not to sound over excited...BUT YES HE IS!!! ok, in all seriouness, who knows, season starts soon and my fingers are crossed

BigStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 06:27 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAKUS View Post
lol by an Sen's fan point of view lol, lol, lol.

He was AWFUL, discusting, he was worst then Theodore at the end with the Habs, that show you how bad Gerber was ?

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 06:29 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
lol by an Sen's fan point of view lol, lol, lol.

He was AWFUL, discusting, he was worst then Theodore at the end with the Habs, that show you how bad Gerber was ?
He meant sick as in having a cold/flu.

Old
09-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Sthabs

I believe it, but the thing is after that Ward saved their *** vs us, he played again, and got kicked out again....

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 07:22 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
And how many games did Kipper start in 2003-2004? Thanks for playing.

Still bitter that Huet put a dent in your boyfriends career?
It is pretty much well know that Huet and Aebischer are splitting the games this year. Each one playing around 40 games. That is not enough to win the Vezina, which is my point.

Kiprusoff did not win the Vezina in 2003-04, and wasnt he a distant 3rd in voting? Just because you are a candidate does not mean you were close to winning. Kiprusoff won the Vezina last year, playing 74 games. So there is no comparision.

Old
09-02-2006, 07:29 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Makes no sense. If he plays like he did at the end of last year, he'll get more than 45 games. They'll have to trade Aebischer or keep him on the bench. They're not going to go to a platoon situation if Huet is tearing it up.

Huet got the big longterm contract, not Aebischer. Huet had 7 SHUTOUTS....with OUR defense. Come on. They're gonna give him every chance in the world to become THE MAN. If he falters, it's ok, Aeby is there.

They also push each other, because both are extremely competitive. Aebischer could steal the job too, who knows? He has to improve his fundamentals, but he definitely has the raw talent to do it. I think Huet's fundies and glove hand and quickness and ability to keep his shape while moving will win him the job though.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 07:31 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
It is pretty much well know that Huet and Aebischer are splitting the games this year. Each one playing around 40 games. That is not enough to win the Vezina, which is my point.
It's only well known to you and that doesn't mean much. Do we really need to do this all over again with you?

Old
09-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:

Kiprusoff did not win the Vezina in 2003-04, and wasnt he a distant 3rd in voting? Just because you are a candidate does not mean you were close to winning. Kiprusoff won the Vezina last year, playing 74 games. So there is no comparision.

I wonder just how "well known" it is, seeing as you're the one breaking it to us right now.

Kiprusoff was traded for and played about 40 games, next season he won the Vezina, his second season on the team

Huet was traded for and played about 40 games this past season, this upcoming season will be his second season on our team, which in relation to Kiprusoff will be the year Huet will be able to be reasonably compared to Kipper

You're writing Huet off as not being able to steal the job at all this season even though he's already taken it from Aebischer once already

I'm not saying Huet will be a Kipper, but nobody can say that he doesn't have a fighting chance at this point in time

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 08:03 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
It's only well known to you and that doesn't mean much. Do we really need to do this all over again with you?
Actually almost all the 06-07 NHL preview magazines out have them splitting the games in the regular season, and the ones that go into more specific stats have Huet from 40-45 games, and Aebischer close to 40.

Old
09-02-2006, 08:06 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I wonder just how "well known" it is, seeing as you're the one breaking it to us right now.

Kiprusoff was traded for and played about 40 games, next season he won the Vezina, his second season on the team

Huet was traded for and played about 40 games this past season, this upcoming season will be his second season on our team, which in relation to Kiprusoff will be the year Huet will be able to be reasonably compared to Kipper

You're writing Huet off as not being able to steal the job at all this season even though he's already taken it from Aebischer once already

I'm not saying Huet will be a Kipper, but nobody can say that he doesn't have a fighting chance at this point in time
There is no way Heut plays 74 games this year which is what Kiprusoff played last year. Even if Huet plays 55-60 games(which I hugely doubt)it would be very unlikely he could win the Vezina, no matter how well he did, because guys like Brodeur, Kiprusoff, and possably Vokoun(if he stays healthier this year)could play 70or more which impacts all the stats-wins, shutouts, games played of course, etc...

Old
09-02-2006, 08:08 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Actually almost all the 06-07 NHL preview magazines out have them splitting the games in the regular season, and the ones that go into more specific stats have Huet from 40-45 games, and Aebischer close to 40.
In the McKeen's Hockey Pool Yearbook (imo the best zine out there this year), Huet is the only goalie they spotlight. I think it's understood if you follow the team at all that Huet is going to get every chance to take on the full workload.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 08:15 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
In the McKeen's Hockey Pool Yearbook (imo the best zine out there this year), Huet is the only goalie they spotlight. I think it's understood if you follow the team at all that Huet is going to get every chance to take on the full workload.
Well I have not read McKeen's yet, dont you have to order that through mail?

Old
09-02-2006, 08:40 PM
mcphee

Any magazine that speculates about the # of games each goalie will play, are doing just that,speculating. Neither Gainey nor Carbo share that info. So 'well known' is just a term you used to make your point. Huet will dictate how many games he plays. If he delivers solid play consistently, he should play 65-75 % of the time with Aebischer playing enough to be ready, and to develop trade value .

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote