HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: Buf - Cbj

Old
08-31-2006, 08:53 PM
TheSabre

vCash:
Proposal: Buf - Cbj

To Buffalo: G Pascal Leclaire, 4th round pick

To Columbus: G Martin Biron

Buffalo takes care of their $2M backup goaltender situation, while adding a backup goaltender. Columbus gets a bona fide #1 NHL goaltender in Biron.

There's just one thing that I don't know - what are the details of Leclaire's contract? TSN.ca says it's undisclosed. If anyone happens to know, that'd be excellent.

So, there's my first trade proposal. What do y'all think?

Old
08-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Too much from Columbus. Leclaire is yet to hit his ceiling and has already established himself as a starter and Biron is on the downside of his career, not to mention there's little demand for him.

Last edited by Josh Deitell: 08-31-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:03 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
No no no... Columbus gives Leclaire a shot before he gets moved. No one even really knows what is potential is.

Biron's value isn't that high right now.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:20 PM
John Belushi

Take away the 4th from Columbus's side and add a 2nd or 3rd to Buffalo's and maybe it'd work.

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
capin131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Mo27 View Post
Take away the 4th from Columbus's side and add a 2nd or 3rd to Buffalo's and maybe it'd work.

Buffalo would be so lucky to trade Biron for Leclaire straight up. Buffalo should be just looking for any way to deal Biron at this point, to save some cap, let alone thinking they could get a young #1 netminder with talent up the wazoo and draft-picks.

Everyone knows that Buffalo wants to deal Biron, and they aren't even interesting in giving fair value for him knowing that fact.

If a team offered a 2nd or 3rd rounder, Buffalo should take it and run, because that's about all they can get, IMO.

capin131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 10:07 PM
TheSabre

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capin131 View Post

Buffalo would be so lucky to trade Biron for Leclaire straight up. Buffalo should be just looking for any way to deal Biron at this point, to save some cap, let alone thinking they could get a young #1 netminder with talent up the wazoo and draft-picks.

Everyone knows that Buffalo wants to deal Biron, and they aren't even interesting in giving fair value for him knowing that fact.

If a team offered a 2nd or 3rd rounder, Buffalo should take it and run, because that's about all they can get, IMO.
That's what I was thinking when I thought about this proposal. I was thinking about putting Biron for Leclaire straight up, to be quite honest.

Old
08-31-2006, 10:10 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSabre View Post
That's what I was thinking when I thought about this proposal. I was thinking about putting Biron for Leclaire straight up, to be quite honest.
Still wouldn't work. Columbus traded Marc Denis specifically because Leclaire is cheaper, further from free agency and ready for the #1 job.
Trading for Biron, especially trading Leclaire for Biron, puts them back in the same position they just traded their way out of AND they'd be without a high-end, young goalie.
Big no.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 10:53 PM
X0ssbar

Can we sticky a "Columbus does not need a goalie" thread.

As Kalio mentioned, Leclaire is ready for the #1 job hence the reason why Denis was expendalbe -- we do not need to add an expensive goalie at this point.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 02:24 AM
Pavel Bure

So Columbus trades Pascal Leclaire for a older, expensive, closer to UFA, lower ceiling goaltender?

Last edited by Pavel Bure: 09-01-2006 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Name
Pavel Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Furious George
Ville the Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Bure View Post
So Columbus trades Pascal Leclaire for a older, expensive, closer to UFA, lower ceiling goaltender?
And a draft pick.

Furious George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 08:14 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

face it Buffalo fans, you are stuck with 2mil backup.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
JPurp26

Even as a Sabres fan Colombus gets screwed.

However i think Biron to Colombus is possible. I threw this trade prospoal up earlier in stead of making a new thread for it ill just post it here.

To Colombus: Martin Biron, Ales Kotalik and a 2/3 round pick in 2007

To Buffalo: Nikolai Zherdev, Norenena (spelling) (back up goalie)

Colombus gets a proven starter who can back up leclaire and if leclaire falters at all Biron can take over. Alex Kotalik would help scoring playing 1st or 2nd line and is already locked up for 3 years him and modin wouldnt be to bad together imo. The pick trys to just even everything up.

Buffalo gets a future star Zherdev and hopefully will sign him to a contract that he wants and gets Norenena a back up for miller

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 10:30 AM
JayGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreDude2631 View Post
Even as a Sabres fan Colombus gets screwed.

However i think Biron to Colombus is possible. I threw this trade prospoal up earlier in stead of making a new thread for it ill just post it here.

To Colombus: Martin Biron, Ales Kotalik and a 2/3 round pick in 2007

To Buffalo: Nikolai Zherdev, Norenena (spelling) (back up goalie)

Colombus gets a proven starter who can back up leclaire and if leclaire falters at all Biron can take over. Alex Kotalik would help scoring playing 1st or 2nd line and is already locked up for 3 years him and modin wouldnt be to bad together imo. The pick trys to just even everything up.

Buffalo gets a future star Zherdev and hopefully will sign him to a contract that he wants and gets Norenena a back up for miller
I wouldn't even do Biron for Norrena, let alone throwing zherdev & kotalik in the mix. We don't want you $2 mil backup. CBJ does not need a goaltender.

JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 07:05 PM
QuebeCaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSabre View Post
To Buffalo: G Pascal Leclaire, 4th round pick

To Columbus: G Martin Biron

Buffalo takes care of their $2M backup goaltender situation, while adding a backup goaltender. Columbus gets a bona fide #1 NHL goaltender in Biron.

There's just one thing that I don't know - what are the details of Leclaire's contract? TSN.ca says it's undisclosed. If anyone happens to know, that'd be excellent.

So, there's my first trade proposal. What do y'all think?
Am I the only one who thinks Leclaire is worth A LOT more than Biron??

This trade does not make sense IMO

QuebeCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 07:32 PM
OhioGuy

No thanks. Not only do I not want to get rid of LeClaire, I really don't want to get rid of Norrena either. Norrena and Conklin are going to be battling for the backup spot and I think Norrena is better than Conklin, so I don't want to get rid of our backup either. I also don't want to take on $2 mil in cap space. I also don't want to move Zherdev. I guess what I'm trying to say is, no thanks

OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 08:52 PM
John Belushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by capin131 View Post

You misunderstood me, buddy. I like Leclaire. He is much better than Biron. Columbus will see him through this season, and if he doesn't work out as a number 1, then so be it but I see him succeeding.

What I was saying was:

To CLB:
Biron
2nd rounder

To BUF:
Leclaire

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 10:46 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Mo27 View Post
You misunderstood me, buddy. I like Leclaire. He is much better than Biron. Columbus will see him through this season, and if he doesn't work out as a number 1, then so be it but I see him succeeding.

What I was saying was:

To CLB:
Biron
2nd rounder

To BUF:
Leclaire
Still no.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 10:55 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

how about Columbus go with the guys they have right now and see where that shapes up?

then into the season, they can make a move if needed - if the team is further ready to compete for a playoff spot, but Leclaire is still early in development - which is a likely possibility.

Columbus than then acquire a guy like Biron as a rental player for a playoff run, and give Leclaire some more time as the backup.... next year Biron's a UFA and Leclaire can again compete for the starting job - if he's not ready this year.

There's no need to seal Leclaire's future with Columbus no matter what happens this year ... he's still young at 24 and still a couple years from when most goalies develop into legitimate starters. The best move for Columbus IMO is to see where the rest of their team is comparitive to their starter... if they're ready for a run at the playoffs, then add a rental... but Leclaire is a long way from being written off as a longterm starter in Columbus.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaelWho View Post
Too much from Columbus. Leclaire is yet to hit his ceiling and has already established himself as a starter and Biron is on the downside of his career, not to mention there's little demand for him.
1 - How has Leclaire established himself as starter? You have to do more than be named starter to be established

2 - Once a goalie hits 29, he's on the dowside of his career?

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Come of Sabre fans, stop making crappy proposals for Columbus. Do you honestly think they're about to part with Leclaire or Zherdev? Me neither.

Buffalo Stylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Steve L*

That proposal might get you John LeClair.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote