HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Is Manny Legace still a NHL player?

Old
09-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Paxton Fettel

vCash: 500
Is Manny Legace still a NHL player?

Is Legace going to play in the NHL this year? I haven't heard much about him in the offseason.

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 03:15 PM
MetalMilitia

He signed with the St.Louis Blues and will be their #1 goalie for this upcoming season.

MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 03:18 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
He signed with the St.Louis Blues and will be their #1 goalie for this upcoming season.
He will challenge for the no.1 spot from what I heard.

12# Peter Bondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Dawit49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
Is Legace going to play in the NHL this year? I haven't heard much about him in the offseason.
And the year is 2006

Dawit49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 04:08 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
That all depends if you consider the Blues in the NHL.

09-01-2006, 04:10 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Beat me to it.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 04:39 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
You know that you've reached rock bottom when Hawks fans are taking potshots at your franchise

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Pot, meet Kettle.

09-01-2006, 05:38 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Not a fan of the Blues but I think people are going to be surprised by them this year...

I'm sorry, I tried to hold it in as long as I could.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Caspian

vCash: 50
I'd take the Hawks over the Blues. . .

Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 05:50 PM
FoppaArGud

He will start for STL

Who is his competition? Sanford? Is Laloser still there?

The funny thing about the Blues was that they were not losing for lack of effort, in fact they played fairly smart/effortful in the handful of games I got to see. They just stunk. That said, no Brewer, no Tkachuk for much of the year, etc, they certainly had some major injuries to an already thin team. I cant imagine they will be as bad this year.

Chicago? They might find a way.

FoppaArGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 06:56 PM
salty justice

Id take Legace over Khabibulin, expecially when you consider price tags. In every other area the Hawks should be superior this season. Im predicting the Hawks to finish 10th and the Blues 13th.

Of course Im holding onto all hope for playoffs in Chicago.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
If 'Bulin pulls it together and Havlat plays to his potential, the Hawks might not be eliminated til mid-March. I predict a long season for both Hawks and Blues fans....but I'd say Chicago's going to have a better season.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Irish Blues

Laloser? You mean that guy the Hawks signed to back up Khabibulin (and who apparently won't be ready for the start of the season, forcing the Hawks to go sign Sebastian Caron to be the backup to 'Bulin)?

Last year, everyone predicted the Blues to miss the playoffs - some repeating the prediction they had made since 2002 or 2003. Everyone was finally right last year - and we got Erik Johnson in the draft. He joins Oshie, Soderberg, Backes, and either Bacashihua or Schwarz as guys we can build around for the future. Sure it stunk to be dead last, but the franchise could actually start planning for the future in earnest for a change.

If the Blues have a great season, some of you who are predicting gloom and doom will have a lot of crow to eat come April 8 when you have to admit you were wrong about what the Blues would do this year. If the Blues stink it up yet again, we add another piece to Johnson & Co. that we can build around for the future.

Considering we have an owner that will actually let the hockey staff do its job and has a plan for the future that has been communicated with everyone in the organization so that everyone understands what the end goal is instead of an owner who has his personal advisors call the shots and wants to win the Cup now but has no idea how to accomplish this but is willing to blame everyone else when the plan fails, I don't expect a repeat of last season. If the Blues finish dead last overall again, then either the team had even worse injury issues than they did last season or head coach Mike Kitchen will have shown that all his supporters around the league were horribly wrong.

Regardless of what happens, this year is going to be win-win for the Blues. At least the current ownership is trying to compete this year instead of throwing in the towel before camp started like the previous ownership did last year.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Laloser? You mean that guy the Hawks signed to back up Khabibulin (and who apparently won't be ready for the start of the season, forcing the Hawks to go sign Sebastian Caron to be the backup to 'Bulin)?

Last year, everyone predicted the Blues to miss the playoffs - some repeating the prediction they had made since 2002 or 2003. Everyone was finally right last year - and we got Erik Johnson in the draft. He joins Oshie, Soderberg, Backes, and either Bacashihua or Schwarz as guys we can build around for the future. Sure it stunk to be dead last, but the franchise could actually start planning for the future in earnest for a change.

If the Blues have a great season, some of you who are predicting gloom and doom will have a lot of crow to eat come April 8 when you have to admit you were wrong about what the Blues would do this year. If the Blues stink it up yet again, we add another piece to Johnson & Co. that we can build around for the future.

Considering we have an owner that will actually let the hockey staff do its job and has a plan for the future that has been communicated with everyone in the organization so that everyone understands what the end goal is instead of an owner who has his personal advisors call the shots and wants to win the Cup now but has no idea how to accomplish this but is willing to blame everyone else when the plan fails, I don't expect a repeat of last season. If the Blues finish dead last overall again, then either the team had even worse injury issues than they did last season or head coach Mike Kitchen will have shown that all his supporters around the league were horribly wrong.

Regardless of what happens, this year is going to be win-win for the Blues. At least the current ownership is trying to compete this year instead of throwing in the towel before camp started like the previous ownership did last year.

Bravo...couldn't agree more.

The Blues aren't that bad..whats there top six?

Tkachuk-Cajanek-Orszagh
Rucinsky-Weight-Guerin?

Not horrible, if the D and O withstands injuries and Legace can do good..the Blues could surprise this season. Not to mention a guyl ike Kahnberg who could come in and produce if a guy liek Rucinsky gets hurt.

Should be an interesting season in St. Louis.

And Irish Blues said...Backes, Soderberg, Oshie, EJ...Berglund, Schwarz...hell even Skhotov is giving the AHL another shot! IF they do bad again? Well, they pick up Backlund or some other great piece to build around...

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 09:15 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Yeah, you were right in the mix last season.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:

Just for the record, I'm predicting the Blues to make a strong push for the playoffs this year.

09-01-2006, 10:32 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Yea, pile on me, I've been nothing but a steadfast and staunch Chicago management/team supporter...

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 09:15 AM
MSL26
Future Hall-of-Famer

Expect Legace to have decent season in St. Louis.

MSL26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 09:41 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian30
Only if we're placing early bets for who picks first overall.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Stuy

Quote:

Lalime is 100% healthy. The Caron signing is for Norfolk. Crawford hurt his back again and they are not certain how much he will play as his back problems are getting worse.

http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/new...?story_id=3393

Last question on the page

09-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

I love how people are laughing at St. Louis after missing the playoffs for the first time since the 78-79 season.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Guy Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian30 View Post
What, you have something against televising home games?

Guy Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 03:32 PM
StLooFrenchy

Oh, how thw 'Hawks fans will love to hate Lalame. Hey, didn't you have LaMoth? Lalame, Lamoth...coincidence? I think not.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
I love how people are laughing at St. Louis after missing the playoffs for the first time since the 78-79 season.
They will be a much better team this year, but I can understand people thinking they'll suck again. They didn't go from in the playoffs to just out, they went from in, to dead last. For a lot of people, myself included, it signaled rebuild. I still think a lot of people are expecting the same this season even though they've added some key components.

Guerin-I expect a big rebound season
Rucinsky-was great last year, and should thrive again in St.Loo
Weight-played some great hockey in Carolina after battleing some injuries last year
Tkachuk-when healthy is a force
Cajanek-is a very underated player around the league
McKee-IMO is one of the best stay at homers in the league Blocks shots like a madman
Orzhag(sp)-Looked pretty good after returning from a career threatening injury.
Brewer-was out for most of the year
Jackman-missed most of the end of the season
Backman-is emerging as a great young player
Wideman-looked like a real catalyst on the PP last year
Legace-is a legit number one
Sanford-looked great behind a haggered Blues D last year

All in all, there are a lot of question marks, but if things fall into place health wise they've got a solid top 6, and top 4.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote