HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky

Old
09-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Nick00

vCash: 500
Dubinsky

Any chance he'll make the team out of camp?
I guess this would mean he'd have to replace either Betts or Immonen though.
I'm sure he'll be called up if there's an injury during the season, but do you think he could impress them enough to take over the third or fourth line position?
This has probably been discussed a thousand times here already, sorry about that.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 12:22 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Slim to no chance he starts the season on the NHL roster. There is a good likelihood they'll call him up for a brief stint at some point, but I don't think he'll be ready to assume bottom six duties on a full time basis at any point next season.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Pizza

This kid is a gamer. I actually think he has a decent chance. But the Rangers are less keen on rushing kids than they used to be. Most likely he's with the Pack to start but called up at some point for a look. With his game and competitive attitude, it's just a matter of time IMO.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 06:06 AM
dupont08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick26 View Post
Any chance he'll make the team out of camp?
I guess this would mean he'd have to replace either Betts or Immonen though.
I'm sure he'll be called up if there's an injury during the season, but do you think he could impress them enough to take over the third or fourth line position?
This has probably been discussed a thousand times here already, sorry about that.
Again, Renney likes old people. Doubtful we will see any kids.

dupont08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 07:29 AM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
Again, Renney likes old people. Doubtful we will see any kids.
To be fair, I don't think he likes age per. se. It's just that he likes players with experience and hockey smarts.

barrel_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 07:40 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I love the kid's potential, and would like nothing more than to see him centering the 2nd line, next to Shanny. But, it would hardly be the worst thing for him to get time in Hartford to adjust to the pro game this season.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 11:43 AM
eco's bones

Have to think he'll start the season anyway in Hartford. But who knows if he has a great camp things can change. Right now Immonen seems the most likely center to make it with Helminen having a decent shot. Ultimately I think Dubinsky is going to be the best player of them all.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Have to think he'll start the season anyway in Hartford. But who knows if he has a great camp things can change. Right now Immonen seems the most likely center to make it with Helminen having a decent shot. Ultimately I think Dubinsky is going to be the best player of them all.
Agree with JAS here...He actually might be to the point where he can contribute and alos a better option then IMMO (in my eyes), but probably the best thing for Dubinsky's development is to spend ome time in Hartford..Yeah, he was probably the PAk's beast forward in the POs last year, but nothing wrong with making sure of his consistency and pumping up confidence..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel_master View Post
To be fair, I don't think he likes age per. se. It's just that he likes players with experience and hockey smarts.
To be even more fair, Renney played plenty of kids last season and because of that we found gems in Henrik and Prucha..

The person that said Renney likes "old people" didn't have a clue when he was posting as Prucha73 and didn't have a clue when he was posting as TBBB.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 11:56 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Agree with JAS here...He actually might be to the point where he can contribute and alos a better option then IMMO (in my eyes), but probably the best thing for Dubinsky's development is to spend ome time in Hartford..Yeah, he was probably the PAk's beast forward in the POs last year, but nothing wrong with making sure of his consistency and pumping up confidence..
Wow, and you're actually admitting it? There some people who think Dubinsky could make the Rangers, just because he's the type of kid who, when you tell him he can't do something, he goes out and does everything within his power to prove you wrong. That being said I still think we could see the Rangers deal for a 2nd line center, because I just don't get the feeling they'd be comfortable with Immonen there, and Cullen would gave the team more depth as the 3rd line center, between Ward and Hartnell (oops, did I just say that?)

Old
09-03-2006, 12:51 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
The person that said Renney likes "old people" didn't have a clue when he was posting as Prucha73 and didn't have a clue when he was posting as TBBB.
Wow, that actually kinda makes sense of a lot of things now...

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Nick00

I think the rangers are a little too discreet when it comes to bringing up prospects.
I hope atleast Dawes makes the team because he seems definitely ready.
I also think Staal could do fine, but that's not going to happen this year.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
After he gets himself in trouble again we should have a name his next user name contest..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Edge

I think Dubinsky might surprise people in camp.

Push comes to shove, I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team though I personally think he probably goes to Hartford.

Dubinsky's game is surprisingly well suited for the NHL and ironically this Ranger team.

While it's not really expected, I wouldn't be "shocked" if he beat out Immo who for some reason I just have my doubts about.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 08:11 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
After he gets himself in trouble again we should have a name his next user name contest..
Hahahaha.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 10:42 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I think hes got a chance, but that chance is very slim. (but more then 75% the other players on the Pack I wouldn't even say have a slim chance).

A year in Hartford would benefit him (like it would most 20 year olds). No need to rush him but i'd love to see him get called up for a game or 2 in the season just so he knows what to expect in the next level and further prepare himself.

If he has a above average season this year in the AHL (which i'm really expecting) then next year I think he will have a real shot of making the team out of camp.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 11:05 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Everthing slowly (ever so slowly in my case) clicks together.

I think that Dubinsky has a shot, but it is incredibly small. Not only would he have to shine, but there would have to be injuries to make it more realistic. I just hope that people are not getting their hopes way too high and making Dubinsky something that he is not. If all goes really well, the kid could be a 2nd line center who would probably be a fan favorite-type. In the wildest dreams does he ever put everything together to such a degree that he can be considered a top-line center (think Savard last year). I do not see the Darcy Tucker w/ more talent, similarities that some like to throw accolades upon for example.

Dubi can be good, but it is important to stay grounded. Otherwise, there can be real disappointment if he winds up as a fairly good 3rd line center. I do not think that a year of seasoning in Hartford would be bad for the kid. It would not hurt and probably do some good. If the kid is tearing up the AHL, then make a decision mid-season.

Last edited by True Blue: 09-03-2006 at 11:11 PM.
True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 11:42 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post

I think that Dubinsky has a shot, but it is incredibly small. Not only would he have to shine, but there would have to be injuries to make it more realistic. I just hope that people are not getting their hopes way too high and making Dubinsky something that he is not. If all goes really well, the kid could be a 2nd line center who would probably be a fan favorite-type. In the wildest dreams does he ever put everything together to such a degree that he can be considered a top-line center (think Savard last year). I do not see the Darcy Tucker w/ more talent, similarities that some like to throw accolades upon for example.

Dubi can be good, but it is important to stay grounded. Otherwise, there can be real disappointment if he winds up as a fairly good 3rd line center. I do not think that a year of seasoning in Hartford would be bad for the kid. It would not hurt and probably do some good. If the kid is tearing up the AHL, then make a decision mid-season.
if the way he played in the playoffs is only the begining, im excited for this kid. Mike York did not play alot in Hartford, maybe Dubinsky can be one of those who makes it out of camp, u never know what can happen with trades if players perform well.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 02:30 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think Dubinsky might surprise people in camp.

Push comes to shove, I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team though I personally think he probably goes to Hartford.

Dubinsky's game is surprisingly well suited for the NHL and ironically this Ranger team.

While it's not really expected, I wouldn't be "shocked" if he beat out Immo who for some reason I just have my doubts about.
I've got the same thing with Jarkko. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the skating. When I think about the team long term, I don't feel strongly about Jarkko being there.

Dubi is a better skater, and probably better on the face offs. The thing that tells me he's Ranger maybe sooner than later is the grit factor and how much he's grown as a player. He just has improved so much in the last two years. Even if he does not make it out of camp an injury could get him to NYC pretty quick.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 05:37 AM
dupont08

Quote:
Don't try to be a detective if you can't get it right.

Old
09-04-2006, 05:39 AM
dupont08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I've got the same thing with Jarkko. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the skating. When I think about the team long term, I don't feel strongly about Jarkko being there.

Dubi is a better skater, and probably better on the face offs. The thing that tells me he's Ranger maybe sooner than later is the grit factor and how much he's grown as a player. He just has improved so much in the last two years. Even if he does not make it out of camp an injury could get him to NYC pretty quick.
I thought Immonen was suited to be a 4th line center after watching him. On the 4th line he would be great. I get the sense the Rangers are obsessed with speed now and don't want guys around who aren't excellent skaters.

Old
09-04-2006, 06:43 AM
eco's bones

Quote:

Most of us I think have given up on the Tucker comparisons. He does still seem to have some grit. Jarkko seems to have the edge followed by Helminen but if Brandon has a better camp which is very possible then he has a shot. IMO over the long run Dubinsky and Dawes will be our best forward prospects of the group we have now.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 07:54 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

TB, Dubinsky has gone from a gritty 3rd line center to a legit 2nd line center prospect in a year of development. And, people who have watched him on a regular basis - Edge, Leslie Treff, Jess at BB - think the kid has a something extra, a fire in his belly, that pushes him further, which is why I've seen the "there might be even more here than first expected" phrase that keeps coming up. I think he's best 2nd line center prospect we have (until Anisimov makes it to NA). And, I'd be satisfied with him being just that. But, what some people are saying is, don't think the kid is satisfied with just being a 2nd line center. The Rangers might have a special kid here.

Old
09-04-2006, 08:44 AM
shoothepuck

One more year in Hartford seems right, maybe a call-up at some time during the season.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 12:58 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
TB, Dubinsky has gone from a gritty 3rd line center to a legit 2nd line center prospect in a year of development.
I understand and agree. Just like I agree that there could be something more even still that nobody had the foresight to see. I just get the feeling that there are those (to be fair, mostly not the vets) who are building this kid up to be something that he may never become.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote