HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 07 vs 2k7

Old
09-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Canadian View Post
Just watched the videos for 2k7 and again the players look rigid. They have no flexiblity. NEW PUCK CONTROL ANIMATIONS that look like what EA has had for years... NEW PROCONTROL - DROP PASSES something EA has had for years too. How many players when taking a slap shot turn their head to watch their stick raise in the air? LOL 2k looks like they have a bunch of Frankenstein monsters in uniforms. Frank score.... frank pass... frank slap...

Quote:
Sarcasm aside, it ruins it for me because you can really see the lack of development effort put into the game to make it "better". Sure the AI might be better but why not try to make the visuals better. If I am to stare a screen for countless hours playing a season after a while you'd hope it looked good. I found 2k6 a horrible experience. They game felt unfinished. It lacked any sort of polish. The lack of the ESPN license really showed. Why own a 360 if the visuals, graphics, and presentation are poor. Might as well get an Atari and plug the good old PONG in there.
We clearly buy hockey video games for two completely different reasons!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 01:55 PM
BuppY

I was always a EA guy till last year when I bought a 2k6. I liked it and it was different, but I liked the game play in EA better I would change it to more realistic approach. This year I don't know which one im going to get yet.

BuppY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 02:24 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Just watched the videos for 2k7 and again the players look rigid. They have no flexiblity. NEW PUCK CONTROL ANIMATIONS that look like what EA has had for years... NEW PROCONTROL - DROP PASSES something EA has had for years too. How many players when taking a slap shot turn their head to watch their stick raise in the air? LOL 2k looks like they have a bunch of Frankenstein monsters in uniforms. Frank score.... frank pass... frank slap...
I was about to say the same thing. The player models in 2k7 are just not normal. Almost looks like im playing a cartoon game or something. Everyone looks the same.

EAs are really impressive - I think this is the best hockey game ive ever seen. Players look like the actual players, and amazing detail such as the fine stitching on the back of the sweaters.

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
I was about to say the same thing. The player models in 2k7 are just not normal. Almost looks like im playing a cartoon game or something. Everyone looks the same.

EAs are really impressive - I think this is the best hockey game ive ever seen. Players look like the actual players, and amazing detail such as the fine stitching on the back of the sweaters.
I've only seen '07 in shootout mode so I can't compare the two graphically. I can't imagine it being much better than 2K7 but technically I have no clue. I was really hoping for a real demo from EA!

Old
09-08-2006, 04:28 PM
skullman80

Send a message via AIM to skullman80 Send a message via Yahoo to skullman80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I've only seen '07 in shootout mode so I can't compare the two graphically. I can't imagine it being much better than 2K7 but technically I have no clue. I was really hoping for a real demo from EA!
Even from the demo, EA smokes 2k in the graphics department, it's not even close.

The 2k demo left me unimpressed, felt exactly like last years game to be honest. I know it will be able to be tweaked, but just felt like nothing new at all....just meh. I'll give it a rent and keep my pre-order for NHL 07.

skullman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Impossibles

I don't understand how 2k expects people to shell out $60 US for the xbox 360 version when their xbox & ps2 versions sell for $20 US, and they are essentially the same games with slightly better graphics.

One thing nobody can argue...2k7 IS NOT 'next gen gaming'.

Impossibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullman80 View Post
Even from the demo, EA smokes 2k in the graphics department, it's not even close.

The 2k demo left me unimpressed, felt exactly like last years game to be honest. I know it will be able to be tweaked, but just felt like nothing new at all....just meh. I'll give it a rent and keep my pre-order for NHL 07.
What do you mean "even from the demo"? If anything the demo basically highlights the graphics, it's not like the zoomed out in-game view is going to look better than the demo.

Old
09-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles View Post
I don't understand how 2k expects people to shell out $60 US for the xbox 360 version when their xbox & ps2 versions sell for $20 US, and they are essentially the same games with slightly better graphics.

One thing nobody can argue...2k7 IS NOT 'next gen gaming'.
How do you know the 360 version is the same as xbox/ps2? Oh and please enlighten me by explaining what exactly makes a game "next gen"?

Old
09-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Impossibles

Quote:
How do you know the 360 version is the same as xbox/ps2? Oh and please enlighten me by explaining what exactly makes a game "next gen"?
How do I know? Because from all accounts, 2k7 is very very similar to NHL 2k6, which was an exact port of the current gen version, just with slightly better graphics. Even the menus and music were identical.

What makes a game 'next gen' is taking a step forward in graphics, animations, and presentation.

Have you even played on a 360 more than in-store?

Old
09-08-2006, 05:31 PM
skullman80

Quote:
What do you mean "even from the demo"? If anything the demo basically highlights the graphics, it's not like the zoomed out in-game view is going to look better than the demo.
I mean from every video and gameplay video I have seen, up to an including the demo...EA has looked better graphically. Really though, that's no suprise...2k has never been known to be "pretty", which is fine by me as long as the gameplay is good.

The gameplay in the 2k7 demo left me underwhelmed, I felt like I was playing last years game all over again..just nothing new.

The dual stick control of EA's game has me hooked, and I will be interested to see how it fairs in a 5 on 4 game.

Old
09-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
How do I know? Because from all accounts, 2k7 is very very similar to NHL 2k6, which was an exact port of the current gen version, just with slightly better graphics. Even the menus and music were identical.

What makes a game 'next gen' is taking a step forward in graphics, animations, and presentation.

Have you even played on a 360 more than in-store?
Ok, now there is no doubt you are either flat out lieing or extremely ignorant. Considering I've played litterally hundreds of games of 2K6 I can GUARANTEE that the 2K7 demo looked absolutely NOTHING like the current generation. The game on ice looks waaay different, all different camera views, the music is different and the menu system is definitely different.

You sir are absolutely talking out of your a$$!

Old
09-08-2006, 06:25 PM
skullman80

Quote:
Ok, now there is no doubt you are either flat out lieing or extremely ignorant. Considering I've played litterally hundreds of games of 2K6 I can GUARANTEE that the 2K7 demo looked absolutely NOTHING like the current generation. The game on ice looks waaay different, all different camera views, the music is different and the menu system is definitely different.

It may look a little bit different, but it plays exactly like 2k6(which isn't bad really), it just offers nothing new that I have seen.

I feel like I'm playing 2k6 with some fancier player models and shinier graphics..the game is just the exact same.

Old
09-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
The dual stick control of EA's game has me hooked, and I will be interested to see how it fairs in a 5 on 4 game.
I'm also interested in how it'll play in 5x5! Sure it's cool to make your player twirl around in a shootout but what about actual play?

More importantly (to me anyway) I'd be interested how it plays online and does it truly give you an advantage if you master those controls over the normal button scheme? If it doesn't then you're going to be at a disadvantage against people who don't bother with the new controls. That makes not having online leagues even worse because you're at the mercy of all the cheesers in the general lobby which I imagine are even worse in EA land.

Old
09-08-2006, 06:32 PM
skullman80

Quote:
I'm also interested in how it'll play in 5x5! Sure it's cool to make your player twirl around in a shootout but what about actual play?

More importantly (to me anyway) I'd be interested how it plays online and does it truly give you an advantage if you master those controls over the normal button scheme? If it doesn't then you're going to be at a disadvantage against people who don't bother with the new controls. That makes not having online leagues even worse because you're at the mercy of all the cheesers in the general lobby which I imagine are even worse in EA land.
I don't play online, I'm an offline player only...so that isn't a huge deal to me. I just want a good game of 5 on 5 hockey, and a deep franchise mode.

I can take care of the roster fixes myself. I wish we could just meld 2k and 07 together and make one super hockey game..

Old
09-08-2006, 06:53 PM
whiplash

Quote:
I don't play online, I'm an offline player only...so that isn't a huge deal to me. I just want a good game of 5 on 5 hockey, and a deep franchise mode.

I can take care of the roster fixes myself. I wish we could just meld 2k and 07 together and make one super hockey game..
haha that would be great, but for now im just happy with 2k7. now that i've played the demo, mi done arguing and tryign to convince people which to buy. you'll like what you like and nothing i say will change that. i was just trying to explain before that there's no way you could possibly assume 2007 is a better game than 2k7 without having played either and all i've said id EA has soooo much to prove. well 2k7's already proved to me that they can make a good hockey game (and yes: 2k7 feels different to me than 2k6 which, like sinurgy, i have literally played hundreds of games of) and with the sliders? forget it, i have all i need :p

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 07:07 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

I agree on the point of melding NHL and 2k together, would be an awesome game. I havent played either demo, and I usually buy both games every year, but this year im just going with 07. I like 2k, and have bought every game since 2k3, but honestly im kind of tired of the game. It seems like 07 is going to be a fresh and different type of game, and im all for that. I may buy 2k7 at a cheaper price further down the line, but not right now.

I may not even buy it at all, and just wait for 2k8, hopefully theyll do some new innovative stuff, and since I went a year without playing the series, it will seem more fresh and new.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Impossibles

Quote:

WOW!!!! New ice, music, AND menus??? How did they ever find the time to do all this in just one year???

Its the same game as the current gen systems, just with better graphics.

Answer my question...have you played the 360 for an extended time?

Old
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:

99% of the people are going to be use the sticks so I dont think that will be a problem. The ones who are too lazy to learn the sticks deserve to get there *** kicked by people who took the time. Everyone who has taken the time to learn them so far loves them.

And if your so worried about the cheating players, you just play your friends who you join a league like Draft Guru was putting out a few weeks ago. No cheaters there.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
WOW!!!! New ice, music, AND menus??? How did they ever find the time to do all this in just one year???

Its the same game as the current gen systems, just with better graphics.

Answer my question...have you played the 360 for an extended time?
No, I haven't played the 360 at all muchless any extended period of time. I've seen it in the store a few times and thought to myself "I really wish I could have one of those". I try to compensate by posting on message boards like I have one but it just leaves me feeling hollow inside, especially when my cover is blown by an insightful poster.

You're not going to drag me down to your checker playing level and try to beat me there. Unless you have something intelligent to say, don't waste your time responding to me.

Old
09-08-2006, 08:44 PM
HOF

I just played the 2K7 demo again. What the heck is up with the players blowing smoke out of their mouth? lol. It's not that cold in the srenas to do that and they look like dragons.

My biggest thing was better goalies and puck physics. 2 look like they are fixed with EA. Now I just want to see how it is 5 on 5. I pre-ordered it regardless, but it has to be an improvement over last year. I like the no turbo button. It makes you think about where you are positonally.

HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Geogaddi

Anybody know if NHL 2007 will have multi player Dynasty/Franchise in the game? Sorry if its already been mentioned...just making my decision on which game to get.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 09:16 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck_Nut View Post
I just played the 2K7 demo again. What the heck is up with the players blowing smoke out of their mouth? lol. It's not that cold in the srenas to do that and they look like dragons.

My biggest thing was better goalies and puck physics. 2 look like they are fixed with EA. Now I just want to see how it is 5 on 5. I pre-ordered it regardless, but it has to be an improvement over last year. I like the no turbo button. It makes you think about where you are positonally.
Maybe its just me, but when I play in my leagues, I actually have a decent amound of fog on my breath, at least to start a game. Then usually a ton of steam comes off me too, maybe its because im goalie though, or im just weird as hell.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 09:34 PM
HockeySS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Anybody know if NHL 2007 will have multi player Dynasty/Franchise in the game? Sorry if its already been mentioned...just making my decision on which game to get.
Multiple teams? I'm not sure, but as far as up to 4 players in a Dynasty game (on either team I guess), yes.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Impossibles

Quote:
No, I haven't played the 360 at all muchless any extended period of time. I've seen it in the store a few times and thought to myself "I really wish I could have one of those". I try to compensate by posting on message boards like I have one but it just leaves me feeling hollow inside, especially when my cover is blown by an insightful poster.

You're not going to drag me down to your checker playing level and try to beat me there. Unless you have something intelligent to say, don't waste your time responding to me.

Grow up a bit.

I have had my 360 since January. It is a pretty great machine, and what it can do is pretty amazing. So when a company like kush releases games that is essentially the same as the game they sell for PS2 for $30, and try to sell me almost the exact same thing for $70, I get annoyed.

EA on the other hand, has actually tried to push the envelope and re-define sports game. The game may end up sucking, but at least they are working for my money.

Old
09-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Geogaddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySS19 View Post
Multiple teams? I'm not sure, but as far as up to 4 players in a Dynasty game (on either team I guess), yes.
Sorry yeah i was meaning different teams. thats what ive always liked about the 2K series and just hoping they finally put it in the EA games. So does anyone know at all?

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote