HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official Game Thread (NYR-CHI)

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 03:20 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
CAn't...catch..a break!!!

finally score a goal, a PP goal at that, and the whistle blows negating the goal. Then, to add insult to a clicking PP, the Rangers go shorthanded for four minutes, losing an important player, and thus going to three lines...and who's the odd man out?

Old
11-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
keep in mind this game should be tied

Old
11-16-2003, 03:23 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
name THREE other than Manny? And its not like Manny is lighting the world on fire
hahaahaha.. Were do we start? hehehehe.

Instead, why don't we name all the prospects in the last 15 years that they DIDN'T mistreat.

Brian Leetch
Mike Richter

If I missed one, let me know. There are so many to name.

Are you serious man? Are you that ignorant to this team? Or are you having relations with Dolan?

Old
11-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Edge

yeah but he's not scoring at a point per minute pace so i think we need to castrate him now.

Moore is back in the AHL so he probably needs to be shaved down so that he looks like someone just being awakened in the matrix.

I mean these kids must suck if they can't make a journeyman 4th line winger look like Todd Bertuzzi.

If Mark Bell were drafted by us in 98 he'd have been just like Manny.

Simon Gagne never would have seen the NHL with us, too small and not a power forward you know.

Heck Stefan Chernski won a spot but they gave it to Brent Fedyk. He got hurt so obviously he wasn't tough enough for the nhl.

Anyone else find it amazing that we keep hearing the same confused responses from Dube, Malhotra,Lundmark, etc.? Either these kids all became @$$holes after they are drafted {and every scout as CSB and elsewhere is stupid} or the rangers just have the midas touch when it comes to bringing along anyone under the age of 26.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
hahaahaha.. Were do we start? hehehehe.

Instead, why don't we name all the prospects in the last 15 years that they DIDN'T mistreat.

Brian Leetch
Mike Richter

If I missed one, let me know. There are so many to name.

Are you serious man? Are you that ignorant to this team? Or are you having relations with Dolan?
ok. name three prospects

Old
11-16-2003, 03:25 PM
King Nothing*

I see that my original statement was correct. They are making the Blackhawks look like a playoff contender.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
yeah but he's not scoring at a point per minute pace so i think we need to castrate him now.

Moore is back in the AHL so he probably needs to be shaved down so that he looks like someone just being awakened in the matrix.

I mean these kids must suck if they can't make a journeyman 4th line winger look like Todd Bertuzzi.

If Mark Bell were drafted by us in 98 he'd have been just like Manny.

Simon Gagne never would have seen the NHL with us, too small and not a power forward you know.

Heck Stefan Chernski won a spot but they gave it to Brent Fedyk. He got hurt so obviously he wasn't tough enough for the nhl.

Anyone else find it amazing that we keep hearing the same confused responses from Dube, Malhotra,Lundmark, etc.? Either these kids all became @$$holes after they are drafted {and every scout as CSB and elsewhere is stupid} or the rangers just have the midas touch when it comes to bringing along anyone under the age of 26.
ok. who has sather ruined!

Old
11-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Messier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Mike Dunham!!

Old
11-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Fletch

Friggin' Mess...

Great play by Rucinsky...nice pick-up by Mess...nice SH goal. Horrible penalty killing, though. I used to say that the goaltender is your best PKer...thank God for Dunham!

Old
11-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Scoooooooooooooore. Mark Messier

Old
11-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Excellent rant, Edge. It's no surprise that the only "prospects" the Rangers do manage not to completely screw up are the ones who played in college or in one of the high-level European leagues. They come to us already developed and (usually) ready to play in the NHL.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:33 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Kovalev is totally invisible. Holik is a moron, I think he needs some anger management. Hlavac is playing with a lot more confidence without Kovalev
The Kovalev line has looked good tonight. Don't jump on Holik thats the first time he did something like that all season, hes been playing bobby holik hockey, which is why we brought him here.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:36 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
Scoooooooooooooore. Mark Messier

Oh yea, just like ya like it. A 42 year old goal scorer. YES!! Now, if we can only get Grant Fuhr to come out of retirement! They'll be replacing the water with Geratol. Lundmark will definitely be expendable then. Lunkmark was the reason the Devils won yesterday. I heard that he kept wispering sweet nothings into Dunham's ear as he skated by and gave Dunham a semi. This impeded him to move side to side without Scott Gomez noticing his package.

Let's trade Lundmark for Lemieux's hairdoo.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:37 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Yeah Holik was playing well, but that penalty was unnecessary and complaining about it was just dumb.
Yea, don't blame Bobby. It is all Lundmark's falt. He shouldn't be getting so much ice time. It is ruining Holik's flow.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Fletch

Ruined?

I think it's impossible to tell who a coach or GM has ruined because there's no crystal ball out there that says if you do X, Y and Z, this guy will turn out to be a star. The potential is unknown when a kid is 18, so to say he becomes a bust as a result of being 'ruined' may not be fair since said player may never have been anything if brought along 'properly'.

So, the real question would be who has Sather developed, and how does he compare to his peers during that same period of time? Further, realize that other GMs (and coaches) may get more out of marginal prospects than the Rangers may get out of 'blue chip' prospects. So...what current Ranger has come up through the system in this, Sather's fourth season, and is now a bona fide NHLer?

Aside from Lundmark, the bust, what 22 year old or younger is currenly on the roster and has played more than 10 games?

Closed Thread