HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread (NYR-CHI)

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
And BTW Ja Ja Sather, Jamie Lundmark is NOT a 3 year pro! Last season was his first with the Rangers as he got jerked around between the big club and the Wolfpack. This should (knock on wood) actually be his first full season with NY.

Lets at least get it straight

no sorry he played a full season in hartford 2001-2002
he played half and half between hartford and new york in 2002-2003
has been a ranger this whole season 2003-2004
third year pro

Old
11-17-2003, 04:34 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
third year pro

You're talking about Jamie being a 3rd year pro and not making good on his "chances" to prove he can be a good NHLer.

Quote:
lundmark has had three pro seasons to prove to everybody he is a decent pro(he is still not there yet after three years)
Ranting him while playing with the Wolfpack isn't fair at all as far as his "chances" in the NHL.

,indeed

Old
11-17-2003, 04:40 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushingRocket
Man...go over to the Cubs boards...that's loyal...we haven't had a championship for nine years...many teams in all different sports would have loved to have won as recently as '94...and money doesn't measure much...spending money makes you a loyal fan like spending money makes the rangers the best team in hockey...

I think it has much to do with loyalty. I go to every home game good or not. That is what loyalty is my friend. Buying jersies and wearing them no matter how embarrasing it is to walk around in the loser's jersey. As I said, my loyalty is not in question. THEIR loyalty is in question. Do you get this yet? If I wasn't loyal I wouldn't be fan. Isn't how that works? So, in other words, because I am not optomistic about this glob of ***** they put out on the ice every night, i am not loyal? I would find that many of the people on this board would disagree with that.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Servo

This is getting increasingly ugly so I'll just say...

This will not stand, man, this aggression will not stand. We should all just accept that this debate has a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous. If we would all just listen to each other for a change, we might learn something...

And yes, we can go to the In and Out Burger...

Old
11-17-2003, 04:43 PM
King Nothing*

[QUOTE=RushingRocket]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
when exactly was lindros a man possesed in training camp? i dont remember that. in fact i remember him slumping through the preseason and not getting too much going before the injuries hit.
QUOTE]

I remember him reporting to camp 15 pounds lighter...getting in a fight with stevens in front of the net in a preseason game with the devils, and everybody saying he hasn't played this brand of physical hockey since he was with the Flyers...He may not have put up the numbers in camp, but
he was going to the goal real hard on every shift...

Quote:
...and everybody saying he hasn't played this brand of physical hockey since he was with the Flyers...
And exactly what does that say about his loyalty? You just answered my question. Don't you get it?

Old
11-17-2003, 04:47 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
WOW you got me. because smith killed malhotra (doing nothing in dallas) kloceck got traded (doing nothing in nashville) york got traded( A steal for the rangers and perhaps the worst second half player in hockey)
johnsson was traded for lindros a deal i make thousand times over because it came down to johnnson for lindros (hlavac is here and brendl was thought so highly of he was traded by the flyers) lundmark has had three pro seasons to prove to everybody he is a decent pro(he is still not there yet after three years) blackburn was misused only and only because our goaltender got hurt and dunham played great. sather had his hands tied because he couldnt send him to hartford and it made no sense to send him back to junior. Moore has played a month in hartford so to bash they way he is treated is dumb. fardeleu was a bad pick even i admit that but he isnt under sathers control yet. lets see how he comes along. fata or kovalev hmm thats a hard even for me to but id take alex over him.

Don't you understand you just proved yourself wrong?????

(doing nothing in dalls) Rangers ruined him already
(doing nothing in nashville) Rangers ruined him already
(A steal for the rangers...) BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! We got Tommy Toilet for him!!!!! He is better!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!! That is a good one! Are you watching hockey or just hanging out here and guessing what happens?

Old
11-17-2003, 04:48 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
johnsson has did well while he was a ranger and he seems to be ok in a flyers uniform
york was decent here and decent in edmonton
kloceck was great here before he got hurt. injuries happen and he hasnt been the same while with the rangers or since he was moved
moore has been great in hartford and looked good in his short stint with the rangers
fata was given a shot with the rangers and has easily been there best player

what do i not comprehend? we messed them up? how? the only prospects that were messed up were malhotra (average talent good heart) and cherneski (earned a spot with the team but smith sent him to hartford) not sathers fault both neil smiths doing

Now you're going to change what you said to the completely opposite of what you said to make yourself right? Good idea. Because you were wrong before. That's funny, you still are are.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:51 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
third year pro

What are you talking about?? He is making a statement that this will be his first year as an NHL PRO!! NHL? You know, one step higher than the AHL? And as he said, he was jerked in and out and around the line up. He himself made the statement that he doesn't know how he fits in. Someone should explain to him that he must wait until he is 30+ for him to fit in. Until then, he should just stay home.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo
This is getting increasingly ugly so I'll just say...

This will not stand, man, this aggression will not stand. We should all just accept that this debate has a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous. If we would all just listen to each other for a change, we might learn something...

And yes, we can go to the In and Out Burger...
Servo, you're out of your element

Old
11-17-2003, 06:22 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
You're talking about Jamie being a 3rd year pro and not making good on his "chances" to prove he can be a good NHLer.

Ranting him while playing with the Wolfpack isn't fair at all as far as his "chances" in the NHL.

,indeed
What's ironic is Lundmark scored 27 goals in the AHL, yes really disappointing!

I posted the stats with some comments but not surprisingly Jar Jar chose not to respond.

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...7&postcount=49

Old
11-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
What's ironic is Lundmark scored 27 goals in the AHL, yes really disappointing!

I posted the stats with some comments but not surprisingly Jar Jar chose not to respond.

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...7&postcount=49
i dont find a former first round pick scoring 27 goals in his first season in the ahl to be that impressive.

Old
11-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

Quote:
i dont find a former first round pick scoring 27 goals in his first season in the ahl to be that impressive.
There are so many things wrong with that statement I'm just gonna not say anything and block you for the rest of the night so I don't get banned. Really. What would you find impressive? 40? 50?

A small sample of guys who did not exceed 27 goals in their first AHL (or IHL) season (All guys played a full season or nearly so; no partials for callups):

Patrik Elias, 27 goals.
Pavol Demitra, 18 goals.
Mike Knuble, 22 goals.
Slava Kozlov, 23 goals.
John Madden, 20 goals.
Ladislav Nagy, 23 goals.
Marc Savard, 21 goals.
Shane Doan, 21 goals.
David Vyborny, 23 goals.
Erik Cole, 23 goals. (IHL, but same difference at that point)
Jamie Langenbrunner, 25 goals (IHL)
Scott Thornton, 9 goals.
Shawn Bates, 15 goals.
Vaclav Prospal, 14 goals.
Mark Bell, 15 goals.

WOW! What complete and total busts. All these players SUCK.

Old
11-18-2003, 04:32 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Jar Jar is entitled to his oppinion, there is no point arguing with him or trying to convince him.

Good point.

11-18-2003, 08:56 AM
True Blue

Guys & gals, realize that at this point, Glenjar is just disagreeing with all of us just for the sake of disagreeing. Dedalus made a great point. I have no idea of what his real feelings on Lundmark are, but most of us like him. Glenjar disagrees with most of us and battles us on Jackass. So his dislike of Jaime is more of a product of him continuing to fight with us as opposed to actually having any real facts to back him up.

Closed Thread