HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: THE Crocodile Man dead

Old
09-04-2006, 01:03 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
OT: THE Crocodile Man dead

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html wow I was not expecting this.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 01:17 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
If you find an australian news station on the net, just listen to all the people down there. They are taking it very hard. As I said in the other thread I feel incredibly sad for his wife and children -- to lose such a loving father, husband, and icon has to be very painful.

Rest in Peace Mr Irwin.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 01:58 AM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Wow that is terrible news! Not to sound mean or anything but I always felt it was just a matter of time before something like this happened. If you live your life working closely with wild and many times dangerous animals, it is pretty much inevitable that something will go wrong at some point. RIP Steve and my heart goes out to his wife and daughter.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 02:30 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN View Post
Wow that is terrible news! Not to sound mean or anything but I always felt it was just a matter of time before something like this happened. If you live your life working closely with wild and many times dangerous animals, it is pretty much inevitable that something will go wrong at some point. RIP Steve and my heart goes out to his wife and daughter.
Yeah watching his show I was always amazed he was around these incredibly dangerous animals all the time

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 02:54 AM
Staalweiser

Send a message via MSN to Staalweiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
If you find an australian news station on the net, just listen to all the people down there. They are taking it very hard. As I said in the other thread I feel incredibly sad for his wife and children -- to lose such a loving father, husband, and icon has to be very painful.

Rest in Peace Mr Irwin.
Yes, we are. He did a lot for tourism and wildlife conservation here, so it's a big loss.

Staalweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 04:52 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

stung in the chest by a sting ray. not how i imagined him getting it. RIP.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 08:24 AM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
Loved his show but the guy was a moron. He constantly tried to cheat death with the creatures he was working with. I'm surprised he didn't buy it at least 5 years ago. I kept waiting to see something like this on the news. Basically, he needed to re-evaluate his actions after he had his first child and obviously he didn't. I've said it many times. Man doesn't have fins. He wasn't meant to go into the ocean. Never ceases to amaze me how many stupid people go into the ocean every year. The ocean has countless amounts of crap that can kill you. Now his wife and children don't have a father. At some point, that doing what you love to do crap if it's dangerous has to stop. It should stop when you have children.
seriously.. you need to stop being an *** around these boards, its a very sad day for his family, friends and those who loved and liked him.
the guy died doing his job and all you can come up with is saying he was a moron. this is not the place for showing us how much of a rebel you are.
anytime the majority says something you fool have to say the exact opposite. i dont know why you do it, its probably because you wanna be different, or you wanna start something.. or you just like to piss people off.
i hereby officialy declare you a troll.

R.I.P Steve

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I never liked Steve Irwin nor did I like zoos much until I went to the Australia Zoo last year. It is a pretty amazing place and Irwin's dedication to animals, conservation and Australia all became clear to me.

I didn't like him because I thought he was just a showman more interested in himself than the animals, but after I saw the work he put into his zoo and how much good information he provided (so many nature 'documentaries' flat out lie to you because they think the average viewer is too dumb to understand the truth), I realised that he really did care. Irwin was a bit of a showman, perhaps, but everything he did he did because he loved the animals and nature of his native Queensland.

The way he died is exemplary of many things: his love for his work; the very real danger of what he did; the controversial way he went about his job (I still believe that he caused unnecessary stress to a lot of individual animals while filming). The only small solace I can take, though, is that he probably wasn't the type of guy who wanted to die in bed.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin, my thoughts are with his young family.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 09:18 AM
shoothepuck

It's a shame. Sad for the two kids.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 09:22 AM
dupont08

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
It's a shame. Sad for the two kids.
Got that right. I feel terrible for the kids. The guy simply didn't put his family first over his own interests. That's a fact. You can't keep doing garbage like he was doing when you have kids. The first thing any parent will tell you when they have kids is that they had to give up a lot of the things they did when they didn't have kids. It's called sacrifice and not being selfish. He was selfish. He didn't want to give up those things. He paid for it.

dupont08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Jack Torrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Damn, never thought it would really happen, its actually very shocking, but then again, look what he does how long would he go with out something happening.

Guy chose a very stupid career IMO, way to risky.

Jack Torrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Thats horrible, hopefully his wife and kids can get taken care of. Sad sad day for his family. RIP

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 09:56 AM
RangersFan88*

i was shocked when i heard it ....
RIP

RangersFan88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 09:58 AM
dupont08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Torrence View Post
Damn, never thought it would really happen, its actually very shocking, but then again, look what he does how long would he go with out something happening.

Guy chose a very stupid career IMO, way to risky.

I don't think it was a stupid career. Saving animals is pretty noble. Doing that kind of stuff is something that should be recognized. However, he basically an adrenaline junkie. He did tons crap he had not business doing and that didn't have anything to do with saving animals. He didn't want to give that up even when he had kids. Selfish.

He didn't have to go make a documentary on the oceans deadlist creatures. Gimme a break. People have already done that about 20 times. He did it because he was an adrenaline junkie. He liked to be on the edge of death constantly. Stupid. No reason to do that period. Especially at 44 with 2 young children. If you are trying to save an endagered species and it's dangerous, I can see taking that risk. Filming something in the ocean which has been filmed a ton of times before is stupid.

Old
09-04-2006, 09:59 AM
A_Mack17

but seriously dupont08, he loved his family more than you could ever believe. It was a freak accident

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 09-04-2006 at 10:08 AM.
A_Mack17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 10:01 AM
dupont08

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Mack17 View Post
but seriously dupont08, he loved his family more than you could ever believe. It was a freak accident
It was obvious to see he loved his family. However, if love family like he did, you gotta wise up. If you are trying to save an animal and it's dangerous that's one thing. If you are doing dangerous stuff all the time to put on a show, or because you need a rush, that's another. That's what he did. Can't do that when you have a family.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 09-04-2006 at 10:11 AM.
Old
09-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Fletch

It is amazing...

the way he went - this guy was so on the edge that in the end, he died from a freak stinging into the heart. I always thought that maybe a king cobra kills him, or a croc, but a stingray? Really sad.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Jack Torrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
I don't think it was a stupid career. Saving animals is pretty noble. Doing that kind of stuff is something that should be recognized. However, he basically an adrenaline junkie. He did tons crap he had not business doing and that didn't have anything to do with saving animals. He didn't want to give that up even when he had kids. Selfish.

He didn't have to go make a documentary on the oceans deadlist creatures. Gimme a break. People have already done that about 20 times. He did it because he was an adrenaline junkie. He liked to be on the edge of death constantly. Stupid. No reason to do that period. Especially at 44 with 2 young children. If you are trying to save an endagered species and it's dangerous, I can see taking that risk. Filming something in the ocean which has been filmed a ton of times before is stupid.
Saved animals, who are you talking about?

This guy was jumping in Alligator pits, teasing them with food getting with in inches of these animals,the guy even bought his newborn kid in a croc pit while he teased the crocs, the guy had a job where something like this could happen any day.

I have also seen episodes where the guy would go in the swamps dead night and jump in and wrestle Alligfhators, there is a time and place to do things and for example2 am in the pitch black swamp full of gators is not to swift.

So there is nothing wrong with saving animals, both cats i have I found on Cnstruuction sites, so i persoanlly love animals, but this guy was a alot different in what he did.

Jack Torrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 10:36 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
RIP Croc Hunter.

The only time I would watch Animal Planet. It got old fast, but when it wasn't, it was funny as hell. I feel deeply for his family.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 10:37 AM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
This just shows you the almost fatalistic nature of death- most people who die in car accidents die from sober drivers, not drunk drivers. You are more likely to die from a coconut hitting you in the head on the beach than the from the possibility of a crash from the plane taking you to that tropical getaway. He died very tamely compared to the amount of danger he surrounded himsef with. This just goes to show you- live every day to its fullest, appreciate it; don't worry about what might or might not happen, just what needs to be done to make sure the worst possibility does not materialize.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 10:52 AM
ap215

RIP Steve.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 10:56 AM
ftyutin51

Rest in peace.

Being an environmentalist isn't one of the safest or most famous job in the world but he did it with all his heart...just watch his show on t.v. and you can see his love for animals, the environment, etc.

ftyutin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 11:17 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Pretty sad day for nature lovers and his family. Awful, awful news.

What a bad-*** way to go out, though.

He did it doing what he loved, too.

R.I.P Steve.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Torrence View Post
This guy was jumping in Alligator pits, teasing them with food getting with in inches of these animals,the guy even bought his newborn kid in a croc pit while he teased the crocs, the guy had a job where something like this could happen any day.
I lost a ton of respect for him after seeing that. Common sense would dictate that after having a kid he would stop putting himself in such dangerous situations, but he not only chose not to stop, he decided it would be a good idea to subject his child to the danger as well. That is a serious lack of responsibility, and that is why I am not at all shocked over this news.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 12:48 PM
in the hall

This is so sad. The guy was just amazing. Its incredible to see how many people are saddened by this, just browsing around the forums and all. Everyone loves this guy.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote