HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Keeper League: Wopuld you trade Mark Bell Now?

Old
09-05-2006, 11:34 AM
veronesepk

vCash: 500
Keeper League: Wopuld you trade Mark Bell Now?

Hey guys,
I own Mark Bell in a deep Keeper League (12 teams, 30 man rosters + 10 player minor league squad). Would you trade Bell now or wait and see how he turns out this year in SJ? The offensive stat categories in our league are G/A/plus minus/GWG/PowerPlay Points/Shots. Also, to put this in perspective, Shane Doan (a player whom Bell may have similiar stats to next year) was rated 26th overall in our system last year. Thanks!

veronesepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Solak

Send a message via AIM to Solak Send a message via Yahoo to Solak
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronesepk View Post
Hey guys,
I own Mark Bell in a deep Keeper League (12 teams, 30 man rosters + 10 player minor league squad). Would you trade Bell now or wait and see how he turns out this year in SJ? The offensive stat categories in our league are G/A/plus minus/GWG/PowerPlay Points/Shots. Also, to put this in perspective, Shane Doan (a player whom Bell may have similiar stats to next year) was rated 26th overall in our system last year. Thanks!
I have him in my keeper league and I'm going to hold onto him to see what he does. Him moving to SJ could raise his offensive production. I'd keep him for now.

Solak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 11:54 AM
NashisCash

I've got him in two leagues and I've seen if I can move him, but there are a lot of dumbasses who say "Oh he might not play on the top line", "What if he gets bumped down to the 3rd".

I would wait until he starts tearing it up during the season and he'll be worth a lot more.

NashisCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 11:56 AM
RaTcine

Keep him!

RaTcine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Isles72

I would keep Bell . The odds are in his favor to become much more valuable than his Hawk Days

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 07:32 PM
veronesepk

I'm just waiting for the DUI comments to come. What a day for me to post this thread.

Old
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
I'm just waiting for the DUI comments to come. What a day for me to post this thread.
Bell's DUI is going to drive Bell's value down. Now is definitely not the time to trade him.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
CronoX

Quote:
He'll probably just end up with a slap on the wrist (fines, community service, etc) and it probably won't affect his hockey season at all.

On topic though, I'd keep him for a month or two before deciding to deal him. By then, Bell will have showcased how good he'll be this year. I liken the situation to when Thornton first landed in SJ, everyone knew Cheechoo would get a stat boost but few/no one expected him to lead the league in goals. Bell should get 70+ points and ~100 PIMs, which is probably a top 50 fantasy player.

CronoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 11:35 PM
veronesepk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronoX View Post
He'll probably just end up with a slap on the wrist (fines, community service, etc) and it probably won't affect his hockey season at all.

On topic though, I'd keep him for a month or two before deciding to deal him. By then, Bell will have showcased how good he'll be this year. I liken the situation to when Thornton first landed in SJ, everyone knew Cheechoo would get a stat boost but few/no one expected him to lead the league in goals. Bell should get 70+ points and ~100 PIMs, which is probably a top 50 fantasy player.
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna keep him - he sounds like he'll have a nice year (and they way my league is set up, 70+ points and 100 PIMs makes you a top 30 guy pretty easily). Thanks everybody!