HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible trade?

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 04:55 PM
joeminus

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Possible trade?

Just FYI, at the bottom of this story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gi...112020&prov=ap

Quote:
Scouts from several teams, including Chicago and Los Angeles, were on hand towatch the Islanders.

Old
11-20-2003, 05:26 PM
LuckyLUC20

Thanks for the heads up!

Old
11-21-2003, 12:00 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

seems like the kings and Dave Taylor are announced everywhere when it comes to trades. i dont think i've heard any trade rumor yet that didn't have LA as the leader of the pack. fortunately, we're doing pretty well despite our injuries so not to force DT to do any rash trades, but it is also very encouraging news to see that he's on the lookout and front line on every little rumor

Old
11-21-2003, 07:31 AM
Kearney

[not flaming the original poster]

I always laugh a little when "scouts in attendance" translates to trade rumors.

Of course our scouts are attending games. What else would they be doing?

Old
11-21-2003, 07:45 AM
sigepcsun

Who would we be interested in?

Really....I don't know, it seems like there are an awful lot of underachievers on that Islander roster...who would we be interested in?

any ideas?

Old
11-21-2003, 07:54 AM
punchy1

I would love to have Parish on our team. I can think of about 3 or 4 guys on thier team that would fit our needs about now without breaking our bank.

I don't think anything major will happen though. If you look at all of our contracts on our star players they tend to end this year. I don't DT nabbing a name player worth allot of dosh if his deal goes through next year. Who knows though, we are in it for certain so he might be thinking about landing some help.

Old
11-21-2003, 10:03 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

a thread in trade rumors has parrish and cairns going to chi...maybe there is something to the "scouts at attendance" rumors....

tats a trade tat i would be happy with...parrish could possibly replace deadmarsh...and cairns is a guy i've always liked...he's big D man who seems to win every fight...not tat we want our D men getting fighting majors...but we're not dressing any fowards who can really drop the gloves...so might as well get a D man who can provide the protection and play with a bite

Old
11-22-2003, 09:06 AM
LA Kings Rule

DT will not make a trade as long as the team is winning, plus until Allison and Deadmarsh comeback Kings fans should just concentrate on the players we have, we are in first place in the divison.

Old
11-22-2003, 09:15 AM
punchy1

Welcome aboard LKR. I wonder if you would be able to back your opinion with fact. I can show you some examples of deals that DT has made while we were winning. Can you show me that he hasn't? It might be fun.

As for the other part of your thread well, i suppose I just don't understand why you put it here. This is a thread where one of us is simply providing a link about a potential deal and the rest of us are just talking about it. I know I am wrong but aren't you kind of calling us out for speculating on it by saying what you said? Like I said, I bet I am wrong but if not, care to enlighten us?

Old
11-22-2003, 10:00 AM
LA Kings Rule

I don't think that he wil with the players going on strike at the end of the year, and it's pretty clear that the kings won't for some reason add any extra salary(Comrie). Anyway why mess with the team when their playing well. I only mentioned Allison and Deadamrsh because everyone esle only talks about them and who we should replace them with, those two players cannot be replaced

Old
11-22-2003, 11:01 AM
punchy1

Did you see the sticky at the top of the page about Allison and Deadmarsh? We tend *not* to talk about them here accept for on that thread. I haven't seen many threads discussing whom to replace them with on the long term around here. I have heard of some short term solutions and those tend to be of the type that allows for us to be a better team after the gruesome twosome come back. Are you talking about another website where they talk about them allot?

Old
11-22-2003, 11:13 AM
nuksforlife

Send a message via MSN to nuksforlife
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Rule
DT will not make a trade as long as the team is winning, plus until Allison and Deadmarsh comeback Kings fans should just concentrate on the players we have, we are in first place in the divison.

I hope you are right!!! Kings are OK for now, playing great hockey, they should wait a little bit!! Good post and welcome aboard!

Old
11-22-2003, 11:14 AM
nuksforlife

Send a message via MSN to nuksforlife
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Did you see the sticky at the top of the page about Allison and Deadmarsh? We tend *not* to talk about them here accept for on that thread. I haven't seen many threads discussing whom to replace them with on the long term around here. I have heard of some short term solutions and those tend to be of the type that allows for us to be a better team after the gruesome twosome come back. Are you talking about another website where they talk about them allot?
He is not directly talking about their injuries, and plus give the guy a break, he is new to the boards.

Old
11-22-2003, 11:37 AM
punchy1

Look mate, I think you are taking what I wrote in the wrong manner. I was responding again to what he said, not knocking him at all. If you read his first response, it says that DT won't deal while we were winning and I asked why he felt that way. He said why and that is that. I asked why he came into a trade thread and said what he did, he explained and that was that. I asked him if he saw the sticky at the top of the page in regards to the way we handle the subject around here and pointed out that I don't see those of us around the HF kings boards talking about long term replacements and asked him if he was talking about another sight. I too am new here so I feel pretty solid that I didn't mean it as any insult. It is a simple question. I would ask you what it has to do with you though.

As we are both new I was hoping to get into a discussion with a fellow Los Angeles Kings fan about the topic. I would've pointed out that we in fact are saving over $10 mill this year so far on salary alone so it wouldn't be a true add and we saved some dosh last year as well. So, do you have an opinion on what we are talking about or are you just up for a piss?

Just curious.

Old
11-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
I don't know punchy. Too me you're coming off as a bit of a tool

Closed Thread