HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Plekanec or Perezhogin?

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 02:23 PM
NYR1084

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Plekanec or Perezhogin?

Hey

I was thinking about the new top 20 thread created by poster Montreal. It got me thinking after I saw that some posters had Plekanec rated higher than Perezhogin. I understand that most of you would rather have Perezhogin instead, but Im sure it would be a nice debate.

So who would you rather have on your team? Plekanec or Perezhogin?

Take care

Kev

Old
11-16-2003, 02:32 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
People here are getting ridiculous, they always seem to ignore everything, or take in accout to much. Like Perez was doing good back in Russia, he should be a habs out of the camp, plec was too small. Now Plec is playing great in the A and perez is slumping cause the game is new to him. To take an opinion on the people here is like learning engineering from your english teacher.

Old
11-16-2003, 02:42 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
People here are getting ridiculous, they always seem to ignore everything, or take in accout to much. Like Perez was doing good back in Russia, he should be a habs out of the camp, plec was too small. Now Plec is playing great in the A and perez is slumping cause the game is new to him. To take an opinion on the people here is like learning engineering from your english teacher.
I agree with you 100%. Last year people were dumping on Hainsey and saying Komisarek was great. Now people kinda seem down on him.

As for Perezhogin or Plekanec. One thing people have to remember about Plekanec is that he is playing in his second year in the AHL. Perezhogin is only in his first. So, if I had to choose, it would be Perezhogin hands down. He's a natural goal scorer waiting in the wings, something this team desperately needs. Plekanec will contribute offensively, just not as well as Perezhogin when they're both regulars in the NHL.

Old
11-16-2003, 02:44 PM
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
hey now... isn't a large part of engineering based on having good communication skills?

on the rest, i totally agree.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:10 PM
NYR1084

Hey

I dont want you to be mistaken/mislead by my thread. I am not knocking either of them in anyway whatsoever. Both are fine hockey players. I was just curious as to if you had to make a team and had to choose between these two, who would you take?

Kev

Old
11-16-2003, 03:12 PM
habsfan11

What do you think are the chances that Perezhogin will play in the nhl next year. Some of use thought he could play this year. Personally i think he will addapt to NA hockey by the end of the year, and should play his first nhl game next year.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:32 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1084
Hey

I dont want you to be mistaken/mislead by my thread. I am not knocking either of them in anyway whatsoever. Both are fine hockey players. I was just curious as to if you had to make a team and had to choose between these two, who would you take?

Kev
I am not saying that you are knocking anyone, but asking a question like that about people who merely look at the moment and not the potential, or only potential and not the stats. It's hard to say who, cause neither have played in the NHL yet, so who knows. Look at King in Vancover, he has like a 5.5 but has 10 goals in the NHL, who is right? Is he going to play like that the rest of his career, is he just lucky. Too many factors really.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:43 PM
KnuklZ

If I had to chose who would I call up right now the answer would be easy...Pleks. Ask me in 2 years and the answer may be different. None of us know how well Pleks will look in the NHL and will depend on who his linemates are and how much ice-time he will get. Same would apply to Perez once he is ready.

Crazy_NiNe you bring up an excellent point with King and that he is performing very well even though he wasnt touted as a top prospect. He may have just been the right guy to put between the Sedins and its showing. If he was playing for the Habs playing with Perrault and Audette would you think he would have 10 goals right now?

The key is to judge a player as to what he can do for the team and if he can fit a role. In regards to Pleks and Perez it will come down to whether we are in need for a gritty 2-way Center or a winger that has alot of potential to scoring alot of points in the NHL.

Hopefully with Perrault and Audette gone next year we could use them both

Old
11-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Bandwagon ... i had few lines on this while Balej was considered as a 30 NHL goal scorer 1 week ago .

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=19

Old
11-16-2003, 04:33 PM
RE-HABS

If there is one thing that people on this board will learn is that Habs fans will turn coat on a player, prospect, coach or GM in a drop of a hat. The loyalty is very fleeting and non existant (with some, not all).

And the biggest thing here is patience, there seems to be none. It's very discouraging to come here and read some comments and suggestions sometimes.

Old
11-16-2003, 05:27 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.dictioanry.com
Prospect:Something expected; a possibility.
Ok now that that is out of the way. Placanek is not a BETTER prospect then Perezhogin, he is just playing better right now. Prospect is what is expected from someone, not what they are doing RIGHT NOW. Placanek is playing circles around Perezhogin, but I still think when they both hit there career highs, Perezhogin will have the better the stats, but when they will be achieve can be far, but Perezhogin still will BE BETTER, but NOT better now.

Old
11-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Quote:
Hey

I was thinking about the new top 20 thread created by poster Montreal. It got me thinking after I saw that some posters had Plekanec rated higher than Perezhogin. I understand that most of you would rather have Perezhogin instead, but Im sure it would be a nice debate.

Take care

Kev
Perezhogin

Old
11-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

This would be moot to debate on which one you would rather have as they are very similar prospects. Plekanec might be a tad more NHL ready but both will probably end up in the NHL sooner or later anyway. Both have also great speed, quickness and handling skills. Some see Plekanec as a 2nd liner while others Perezhogin as a 1st liner but I would not dare having a clear cut between the two as both could still blossom or bust.

Plekanec might be a bit shorter than Perezhogin but he's strong(er) on his skates at 200lbs nonetheless and I've noticed he has a "in your face" kind of nastyness that I like in a player. Perezhogin seems more shy but on the other hand those things tend to disapear when the player, especially an European, increases in maturity and confidence with the NA game.

In all, both are fine prospects destined to a good future if they keep progressing at the pace they have so far. They could both be qualified as speedy finesse players, one more of a playmaker who can score and the other a scorer who can pass. Beyond that point, all differences and similarities IMO become blured.

Old
11-16-2003, 06:09 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Bandwagon ... i had few lines on this while Balej was considered as a 30 NHL goal scorer 1 week ago .

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=19
lol...wow!
If anyone jumps on bandwagons its YOU! Your the one who wanted Dagenais called up. I said Balej, because he has been good all season long!

I am the one who ranked Plekanec over Perezhogin in the other thread, because if its based on how they do now, well Plekanec is better.

As for your question Kev I would choose Perezhogin because he is a budding star, I personally think Plekanec will be a tough, rugged, good play making 3rd line centre. He is a little too dirty sometimes, and would get a lot of penalties in the two man system.

Old
11-16-2003, 07:25 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Plekanec vs Perezhogin. Well I can't say what one I would want over the other. I consider Perezhogin to be a better prospect, but Plekanec has improved a lot since I saw him last year. Perezhogin I was concerned over his size/strength, and from the few games of the Dogs I've seen (3 of Perez) his lack of strength will be a problem along the boards and behind the net. When he overcomes or improves, he will be ranked higher. He has the best offensive potential of the Habs not named Kastistsyn. But on the ice he has played a timid game so far. I didn't want to increase his ranking, but no way should it be decreased.

Plekanec has shown some grit and chippy play, which translates better in the NHL. Perezhogin will have to learn to get his nose dirty, and I'm not sure he will do that. I think he will, but for now I think Plekanec is the most NHL ready prospect. A year in the AHL will be good for Alex though. From what I've heard his English is not very good at all, which can make life difficult for the young man (just turned 20)

Old
11-17-2003, 06:53 AM
Darz

Quote:
Hey

Take care

Kev
Hey Kev, which one would your bro say????

My 2 cents:
Before this year began almost everybody would of rated Perezhogin higher (in terms of better prospect, and probablely better player in the hear and now). A little bit of a struggle learning the N.A. game and culture and all of a sudden people are dumping on him??
Most scouts and people in the know had him alot higher before the season, so I still consider him the better prospect.
With that being said, Plekanec is definately the one more NHL ready at this moment.

Old
11-17-2003, 08:13 AM
Habber

I like Perezhogin. IMO his upside is higher than Pleks.

It's odd to hear him playing timid and apprhensive cause he was the opposite at WJC last year. He was like a bowling ball and was everywhere on the ice. I think Perez will improve as the season goes along and hopefully we can see from him what we saw last Christmas.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:11 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
I like Perezhogin. IMO his upside is higher than Pleks.

It's odd to hear him playing timid and apprhensive cause he was the opposite at WJC last year. He was like a bowling ball and was everywhere on the ice. I think Perez will improve as the season goes along and hopefully we can see from him what we saw last Christmas.

Yes that's what I though too. To me he was one of the best players in the WJC's last year, and was a real force on the ice scoring some nice goals. In the 3 hamilton games I went to, he was very timid. He didn't go to the front of the net, he seemed to slow down at times to avoid a hit while giving up puck pursuit. But he made some real flashy moves and scored a Game winner on an unreal backhand, where he skated all the way around from behind the net and just held it and held and then fired a wicked backhander top self.

You could see the talent. He skates so well, and has good speed. He was stickhandling well, and has decent acceleration, and his wrist shot is wicked. Quick release and on net. But his lack of strength and trouble with the language will hold him back some. Also I noticed at times he wasn't backchecking hard, but Jarvis was yelling for him to get back hard and they did play 3 games in 3 nights.

To me he could play in the NHL right now, but would struggle big time along the boards, corners and close in to the net. But he'd be one of the better skaters on the team and one of our fastest players as well. If tough to say how long it will take for him to get comfortable out there, but once he does, look out.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:11 AM
NYR1084

Hey

To tell you the truth I honestly dont know who he would take. To be honest, I really had the chance to speak to him for a week or two. I just havent had the time to give him a call, but he hops on the computer every now and again. I know hes living with Komisarek in an apartment which they share. He said the last time I talked to him that he feels good, and is getting used to the professional life.

Take care and if I do talk to him, Ill let you guys know.

Kev

Old
11-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Mizral

Not even close. Plecanek is an interesting prospect, but his offensive potential is limited to perhaps a bottom 6 role.

Perezhogin, in my opinion, is the best prospect for the Blue & Blanc. He has top notch shooting skills and I feel he will be able to replace Zednik admirably when Zedder moves on down the road. Perezhogin does not have Zednik's skill level, but he does have, from what I hear, quite a high level of 'hockey sense', something which I always felt Zednik has lacked.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:37 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Not even close. Plecanek is an interesting prospect, but his offensive potential is limited to perhaps a bottom 6 role.

Perezhogin, in my opinion, is the best prospect for the Blue & Blanc. He has top notch shooting skills and I feel he will be able to replace Zednik admirably when Zedder moves on down the road. Perezhogin does not have Zednik's skill level, but he does have, from what I hear, quite a high level of 'hockey sense', something which I always felt Zednik has lacked.

Plekanec has a lot of offensive skills. It's his passing and stickhandling that are impressive. His shot isn't as quick or acurate or heavy as Perezhogin. They are two different types of offensive players. Plekanec is more of a setup guy and Perezhogin is a shooter with a wicked wrist shot.

I do agree Zednik's hockey sense is lacking.

Old
11-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Habber

I can't help but think of Markov when examining Perezhogin's situation. When Markov came here, he was pegged as a great prospect, but had trouble adjusting to the culture, language and style of play and I remember lots of people around here labelling him as a bust. But once he got accustomed to everything, well, we all saw what happenned. Hopefully we'll see the same from Perez.

Old
11-17-2003, 11:55 AM
Rahan

I agree with your thoughts on Perezhogin Dan, he needs to get more in the traffic and maybe try to get stronger along the boards, but aside from that he's and awesome player.

Plekanec already does that, and that's why I think he's the most ready, and should get a call up around january.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:21 PM
pup

vCash:
Who cares

Just more soft ,small Savard garbage that will get steamrolled in the Big leagues.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:29 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup
Just more soft ,small Savard garbage that will get steamrolled in the Big leagues.
Like Komisarek and Higgins, right?

Closed Thread