HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec or Perezhogin?

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 12:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
I agree with your thoughts on Perezhogin Dan, he needs to get more in the traffic and maybe try to get stronger along the boards, but aside from that he's and awesome player.

Plekanec already does that, and that's why I think he's the most ready, and should get a call up around january.

Yes I'd say that's what he needs to do. At the 3 games I watched him, I had the feeling he avoided being hit. Now I know it's smart to avoid being crunched especially when your smaller but some of those times he could of had the puck instead chose to get out of the way. This was disappointing to see, plus some lackluster backchecking, but that was only a few times. Jarvis used him a lot, so he seems to have confidence in Alex, who isn't bad in his own end, and showed some really flashy moves at times.

Plekanec is more involved and can lay some nice hits, while even throwing some hacks and wacks here and there. He's thick and skates well, which will help him along the boards, plus he has good instincts with the puck. But it's too be expected when you have a rookie verus a 2nd year player, the confidence is in Plekanec, whereas it's not in Perezhogin yet.

Old
11-17-2003, 01:27 PM
habitants9_4

Pleks is better now, but here are my obvservations on Perezhogin.

Fast swift, and hard wrist shot.
Good skating
Bad defensive game
Fancy moves, quick puck handling

Upside high scoring forward.

Old
11-17-2003, 02:29 PM
BlackJack21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1084
Hey

I was thinking about the new top 20 thread created by poster Montreal. It got me thinking after I saw that some posters had Plekanec rated higher than Perezhogin. I understand that most of you would rather have Perezhogin instead, but Im sure it would be a nice debate.

So who would you rather have on your team? Plekanec or Perezhogin?

Take care

Kev
Perez Hands down....

He is still very young ans is a pure gaol scorer. He may be a little bit struggling right now, but he will quickly adapt to the NA style and become a decent 1st liner or an outstanding 2n liner.

Not saying that Pleck is not good, but they are'nt in the same category. Expect a good 3rd checking liner from him that can puts up some numbers.

BJ21

BJ21

Old
11-17-2003, 05:16 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Not even close. Plecanek is an interesting prospect, but his offensive potential is limited to perhaps a bottom 6 role.

Perezhogin, in my opinion, is the best prospect for the Blue & Blanc. He has top notch shooting skills and I feel he will be able to replace Zednik admirably when Zedder moves on down the road. Perezhogin does not have Zednik's skill level, but he does have, from what I hear, quite a high level of 'hockey sense', something which I always felt Zednik has lacked.
I strongly disagree, Mizral. First, have you ever seen Plekanec play? At least, did you see him play lately? I think it's safe to say he almost looks like a force out there for the Hamilton Bulldogs. His skill level is almost as high as Mike Ribeiro and he's perhaps our best prospect when it comes to pure offensive skills (at least playmaking abilities). I won't compare Plekanec with Perezhogin though, as Tomas is much more mature than Alex, and therefore more ready to make the big step. I'll wait until Perezhogin reaches the same level of maturity/readiness before making any judgment. I'd say skillwise they're very close, though.

As for your statement about Perezhogin not having Zednik's skill level, I also disagree. I won't jump to conclusions yet, but Richard right now is showing no creativity out there, and if he hadn't scored 31 goals last season, I think it's safe to say he would have spent at least a couple of games in the pressbox for this lack of creativity. It would be pretty easy to replace him with any decent AHL forward right now, as far as I'm concerned. I do agree that Zednik lacks hockey sense though. That's not what has made him once a great player. It was his determination, and his resiliance.

Old
11-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Plekanec seems more ready for now but Are Perezhogin upised higher? I think so...Anyway those 2 players will help the habs to win a Lord HStanley sooner than later!

Old
11-18-2003, 01:17 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Pleks is better now, but here are my obvservations on Perezhogin.

Fast swift, and hard wrist shot.
Good skating
Bad defensive game
Fancy moves, quick puck handling

Upside high scoring forward.
Any reasons for "Bad defensive game"?

I saw him play and he was OK defensively, maybe not a Mike Modano but did his job.. What did you notice?

Closed Thread