HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSGNetwork.com hockey items

Old
09-06-2006, 01:57 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
MSGNetwork.com hockey items

Sam Rosen article

Quote:
I always look for who is going to be the standout that will force the coaches to make a very tough decision about keeping a young player on the team. Maybe it will be Marc Staal. Maybe Jarkko Immonen. Maybe Lauri Korpikoski. Maybe Nigel Dawes. Who will have such a good training camp and preseason that the coaches have to say, "This player has to stay on the big team's roster." That's always exciting for me
http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_ne...ers&league=nhl

Stan Fischler article

Quote:
Is time running out on a Brian Leetch return for his 19th NHL season? At least one league exec thinks so. “If Brian isn’t signed by now,” The Man says, “it’s not likely he will be signed. It depends on how badly he wants to play and whether Leetch will sign for $500,000.”
http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_ne...her&league=nhl

$500,000?A far cry from the $2 million Leetch wants.How will he feed his kids?

Tom Renney interview with John Giannone

http://www.msgnetwork.com/index.jsp

It's on the front page

Renney said "the Rangers will have a captain this year"

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Good reads, alot of what we knew already. I liked what Renney had to say, he seemed positive and still had in his mind the fact that the team is a 'work in progress'. Also his willingness to bring up youth when they are ready, and not any time sooner. Overall a good interview. I also liked this quote from Stan Fischler:

Quote:
Speaking of chips off the old block, how about Matt Rosen. Son of the Rangers venerable play-by-play TV ace, Sam Rosen, the lad moves up the broadcasting ladder this season as radio commentator for the Coyotes. Final details are being hammered out in Phoenix. Young Rosen, 29, last year was with the UHL’s Roanoke Valley Vipers. If Matty is anything like his old man, Doug Moss will be smiling all season.
Kind of cool that there is another Rosen in a booth somewhere, maybe if he is good we'll get him when Sam retires

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2006, 03:16 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Good reads, alot of what we knew already. I liked what Renney had to say, he seemed positive and still had in his mind the fact that the team is a 'work in progress'. Also his willingness to bring up youth when they are ready, and not any time sooner. Overall a good interview. I also liked this quote from Stan Fischler:

Kind of cool that there is another Rosen in a booth somewhere, maybe if he is good we'll get him when Sam retires
I remember playing baseball in HS (freshamn maybe)and some of the kids on my team were saying sam rosens kid was on the other team. I was like "who's Sam Rosen?" They said "the guy standing right there, he does the Rangers announcing."

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2006, 03:29 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

I am surprised Sammy brought up Korpikoski's name. Obviously I am a big fan of his ...but with a disappointing year last year, I did not expect his name to be on the tip of the tongue. I hope he continues to prove his defensive responsibility and his offense translates to the NA game as there is really little doubt in my mind that he is an NHL talent.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
I am surprised Sammy brought up Korpikoski's name. Obviously I am a big fan of his ...but with a disappointing year last year, I did not expect his name to be on the tip of the tongue. I hope he continues to prove his defensive responsibility and his offense translates to the NA game as there is really little doubt in my mind that he is an NHL talent.
I think there's a feeling that Korpi could earn a roster spot just based on his hard work and defensive abilities. Like on the 3rd line or so. But his offense still needs some developing, so...pick your spot where you think he'd best be served.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote