HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Esa Pirnes????

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 08:53 AM
Bob A Booey

vCash: 500
Esa Pirnes????

I havent been able to catch many games this year now that I live in Maryland but havent really heard any good things about this guy. I remember early last month he had back to back penelty shots and missed both of them. Is he a skilled player who still needs to develop his NHL game or is he thier just as a filler for now?

When is Cammaleri (sp?) coming back?

Old
11-16-2003, 10:02 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Pirnes is a skilled player who gets limited ice and limiting linemates, so you don't see the full picture very clearly. But, clearly he is a solid hockey player, who at 26 years old is getting his first taste of North American hockey and has shown flashes of offensive aptitude.

Cammalleri is running hot and cold down in Manchester, and at his size, it may be best that he stays down there until he develops a more consistent game.

(That being said, he may get a recall with the Armstrong injury, but even money says it's Steve Kelly to get the first shot at 4th line center duties.)

Old
11-16-2003, 11:17 AM
StianM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Pirnes is a skilled player who gets limited ice and limiting linemates, so you don't see the full picture very clearly. But, clearly he is a solid hockey player, who at 26 years old is getting his first taste of North American hockey and has shown flashes of offensive aptitude.

Cammalleri is running hot and cold down in Manchester, and at his size, it may be best that he stays down there until he develops a more consistent game.

(That being said, he may get a recall with the Armstrong injury, but even money says it's Steve Kelly to get the first shot at 4th line center duties.)
Do you think they will split up either the 2nd line (Frolov - Chartrand - Klatt) or the 3rd line (Avery - Belanger - Lappy), or will they just shuffle the 1st and 4th with possible call-ups?

Old
11-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KingZ_
Do you think they will split up either the 2nd line (Frolov - Chartrand - Klatt) or the 3rd line (Avery - Belanger - Lappy), or will they just shuffle the 1st and 4th with possible call-ups?
I think Andy will keep the 2nd and 3rd line in tact. They've worked well up to this point, so no need to change them. I wouldn't mind seeing AM put Pirnes between Luc and Palffy, at least for a game or 2 and see how it plays out.

Old
11-16-2003, 04:05 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
With the score 1-0 after two periods, AM did a LOT of line juggling in the third, and Chartrand was with Sim and Brown for a spell (Pirnes was with Frolov and Klatt)... and then later Sim was with Frolov and Klatt. I thought this was a center-less line, but in fact, Jon Sim did take two faceoffs. (he lost them both.)

Old
11-16-2003, 04:35 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion

i agree with this post...

btw, i think stumpel is scheduled to come off nov. 19th??? their next game...