HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

PROPOSAL: Deal with the Penguins?

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Olly2

vCash: 500
Deal with the Penguins

Would Pittsburgh be interested in moving Whitney and Kraft in a deal involving Comrie?

Old
11-16-2003, 10:37 PM
Cerebral

The Penguins have a lot of great defensive prospects (Orpik, Welsh, Whitney etc) so I'm guessing they'd be willing to part with one of them.. I don't think Kraft would be of great help to this team though. If he is struggling to earn regular minutes in Pittsburgh, how well will he fit in down here? While he has all the potential in the world, I'd rather have a guy like Stefan/Connoly that can at least kind of step in and fill our void down the middle this year.

Old
11-16-2003, 10:41 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
The Penguins have a lot of great defensive prospects (Orpik, Welsh, Whitney etc) so I'm guessing they'd be willing to part with one of them.. I don't think Kraft would be of great help to this team though. If he is struggling to earn regular minutes in Pittsburgh, how well will he fit in down here? While he has all the potential in the world, I'd rather have a guy like Stefan/Connoly that can at least kind of step in and fill our void down the middle this year.
I'm not sure how intrested the Pens are in Comrie. Comrie would have to be worth around 1-2Million total, and I doubt that'll happen. I suspect the pens will continue to play with role players and prospects because they are cheaper.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch101
I'm not sure how intrested the Pens are in Comrie. Comrie would have to be worth around 1-2Million total, and I doubt that'll happen. I suspect the pens will continue to play with role players and prospects because they are cheaper.
Comrie said he'd play for less then 1.13 mil if he was traded..so I really dont see it being much of a problem..altho who knows how much M.C. will ask for when his contract expires.

Old
11-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo_31
Comrie said he'd play for less then 1.13 mil if he was traded..so I really dont see it being much of a problem..altho who knows how much M.C. will ask for when his contract expires.
yah, 1.13 but what about bonus's? ..... who knows

Closed Thread