HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Remembering Ace Bailey

Old
09-07-2006, 05:26 PM
mtkingsfan

vCash: 500
Remembering Ace Bailey

Remember the Kings relationship to September 11.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2574764

mtkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 06:12 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Great article, thanks for posting the link.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 12:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
It wasn't much, but I made it a point today to see Ace Bailey's and Mark Bavis' name on the CNN ticker today

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 12:19 PM
stocker

My dad was good friends with Ace and Don Awrey.Ace was a class act.

stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It wasn't much, but I made it a point today to see Ace Bailey's and Mark Bavis' name on the CNN ticker today

So did I. I actually had a chance to see a game that Mark Bavis played in when he was at BU. He wasn't the flashiest nor the most incredibly skilled player but I do remember him playing the game with the same passion and commitment that he brought to his job with the Kings.

May he and Ace both rest in peace.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 02:23 AM
Falloooooon

I played this ridiculous hockey game on the first computer my family ever had in like 1993. It was just an overhead view of the ice, with these little circles that had hockey sticks extending out from them. I would guess some people are familiar with it and would know, but I don't recall the name.

Seems to me there were only two teams, and maybe you could only be one of them. Or maybe I was just a dumb kid with no idea how to do anything on a computer and couldn't figure anything else out.

But I was new to hockey as the Sharks were new, and it meant nothing to me that when I scored goals a screen came up saying the goal was scored by Phil Esposito or Ace Bailey or Derek Sanderson. For all I knew, they were just names generated by the game.

Then one day I learned that these guys existed, and that was neat. I think it was some time when I heard Phil Esposito being talked about in some capacity and I said to my dad "Hey, that guy has the same name as a guy in my hockey game." Dad clued me in about why it wasn't a coincidence.

The game was beyond brutal by today's standards obviously, but I spent a lot of time on it. For whatever reason, those names are still significant to me. Moreso, Bailey and Sanderson, I think because they haven't been such visible figures since then like Esposito. They still maintained this sort of mythical status as just the big dots in my computer game.

So, the loss of Ace Bailey stung me pretty good. It only makes matters worse that he was such a good guy.

R.I.P. Ace.

Falloooooon is offline   Reply With Quote