HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

untouchable ( s )

Old
09-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
My three untouchables would be Higgins, Price and Komisarek.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
well , i also can say that if his name was Oleg Trepokiov , he would have been the second God on the site . Easy argument .

Tell me something Le Tricolore , what do you remember of Paquet , Bonneau , Lacasse and Lambert ? they are all french players , so , because of that they surely were the stars of the prospect camps , in the french medias ...
none of them had great camps. obviously if they're nothing special, they won't be loved. Lats had a very good camp, no denying that, but I think the media blew it out of proportion.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Quote:
is there a way to talk about hockey , without talking about the %?$##&& language of the player ?
Not Here.

I once sent a letter to a moderator or an administrator, don't remember.

It said that it should be forbidden to use language or ethnicity as basis for an argument for or against a player.

They never got back to me.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:43 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hope we, one day, stop talking about that french thing once and for all. Yes it's a big thing, seems like it 'cause the medias don't stop talking about it. Like it, don't like that's the way it is.

But can we now use this board to talk intelligently about the hockey side of it and let the medias circus handle the language issue......

We keep criticizing the medias for bringing it, and then we keep having threads about it every single day.......
great ! thanks !

Do you think that Markov can be an untouchable , considering that he's going to be ufa next summer ? That's also the new reality of the hockey .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Why would a soft headed underachiever be untouchable?
You can gladly send Latendresse on this route, if you so desire:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...letic%20Fields

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:47 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
My three untouchables would be Higgins, Price and Komisarek.
Seems that they are the ones that are the most untouchable for the fans ( for now ) . Is it that we overrate our prospect , or that they are really more skilled than the players we had on the team , since the late 90 's ?

Old
09-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
is there a way to talk about hockey , without talking about the %?$##&& language of the player ?
Well the reality of it is that Latendresse is untouchable because he's a highly rated prospect but more importantly he's French.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:50 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Not Here.

I once sent a letter to a moderator or an administrator, don't remember.

It said that it should be forbidden to use language or ethnicity as basis for an argument for or against a player.

They never got back to me.
excellent idea ! may be if we do a poll , and that most of the fans agree , it would be more realisable ?

Old
09-07-2006, 10:54 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Well the reality of it is that Latendresse is untouchable because he's a highly rated prospect but more importantly he's French.
ok , i give up , there is no possibility to discuss about something else . Goodnight .

Old
09-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

For me its: (not including Koivu)
1. Latendress
2. Komi
3. Price

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
ok , i give up , there is no possibility to discuss about something else . Goodnight .
You asked a question, and it's the answer. We're not making the thread an english vs french war, but if you know anything about the orginization and it's fans, you understand why Lats is our most valued prospect.

Old
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Maybe its a problem to you if he's french?

We can call him Latendrinov if it makes you more confortable.

We put Grabovski on the 2nd line after one day in camp but god help us if we want Latendresse to repeat last year's performance.

And, btw, I know you are french yourself. I can only conclude to masochistic tendencies.

This subject has been beaten over and over and over and backwards and forward and sideways. All the time, every time.

So, Latendrinov, a 6'2'', 229 pounds 19 year old budding powerforward straight from the RSL demolishes the opposition in the regular camp... Do you consider him on your team?

CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
So, Latendrinov, a 6'2'', 229 pounds 19 year old budding powerforward straight from the RSL demolishes the opposition in the regular camp... Do you consider him on your team?
Of course. I hold no importance to a players ethnicity as I previously said. I said that the majority of habs fans hold a strong importance to weither a player is french or not. If you want proof, just look at how many times idiots talk down about Koivu cuz he hasn't put an effort to learning french even though he's the captain. It's ridiculous. You love a player for who he is on the ice, not what language he speaks, or from where he's from.

Old
09-07-2006, 11:40 PM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Of course. I hold no importance to a players ethnicity as I previously said. I said that the majority of habs fans hold a strong importance to weither a player is french or not. If you want proof, just look at how many times idiots talk down about Koivu cuz he hasn't put an effort to learning french even though he's the captain. It's ridiculous. You love a player for who he is on the ice, not what language he speaks, or from where he's from.
I understand your position but I see more people *****ing about french players, french media, french everything than fans clamoring for french players lately.

Its always the same discussion that comes back time after time and its seriously starting to feel like an endless loop. The worse thing is that there doesn't seem to be any discussion going on, just a series of long winding monologues featuring diverse constituents of opposite positions. Of course, it always turns into politics and bickering and the thread gets closed.

Only to reappear the next day in another form. It gets worse as new member are joining in and take the same old dead donkey for another run.

All the while we are wasting precious opportunities to talk about prospects, players, where the team is going, ect...

I posted a real long post regarding the language issue just after the "Koivu incident". You can read it here. Of course, the thread got closed by Gee Wally so it might not be a good idea to start this thing up again.

Another thread with some legs feature increadibly insightfull arguments like "Want some cheese with that whine?". Is that type of discussion necessary? Like I said in the other thread, maybe they should just sticky a "Language war" thread so people can bicker endlessly in a confined space, like they did with the "ovechkin/crosby" debate...

CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Dr_Hook

I see only 2 real untouchables : a healthy Koivu and Higgins. The 1st is the heart of this team; the 2nd is the only gritty-type scoring winger we have; plus he's quick, feisty and plays a well rounded-game = Keeper.

Komi isn't an untouchable in my book, but pretty dam close ! I love the kid and I don't see any reason to trade him.

I guess I'd add Latendresse to my list just cause by the looks of things lately, a trade that would send him away would thrigger a mediatic chain reaction that could lead Quebec into a civil war

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Shabutie

I haven't *****ed about anything french though. I'm simply stating facts. The very fact that Lats is french adds to his value for this orginization. Their's no way around it.

Old
09-08-2006, 12:09 AM
tinyzombies

I don't believe we have any untouchables in the true sense of the word. We have guys we shouldn't trade, that's about it.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 12:24 AM
bayrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Garth was good from mid season on and had an excelnt playoffs for us, one of the bright spots after Koivu went down, Lapierre has yet to see regular NHL duty, so you really cant say he can easily do as much if not more as Garth. Lapierre has hardly had any NHL action.
One of, if not the only bright spot after Koivu went down in the playoffs was Plekanec

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 12:24 AM
FTK

An Untouchable isn't the guy with the most value or potential, but the guy who is worth more to his team than the player(s) they will get for him.

An exemple is Koivu, whose age, injuries and health issues have reduced is value in a trade. Koivu is an untouchable because we won't get that good of an asset for him.

"Koivu is not untouchable, if Gainey was offered Lecavalier or Richards he wouldn't even think twice before trading him"

It's nice to dream, but Gainey will never receive such offer, because of the reasons mentioned above.

Another player who I consider untouchable is Steve Bégin. In the new NHL with the salary cap, you can't afford to pay your 4th line players much more than 1.5 millions/year. Bégin is one of the best 4th liner in the league and is a fan favorite. On top of that, he is paid less then the average 4th liner in the league. No one will offer a valuable asset for a 4th liner who has a history of injuries, no matter how good he is, and for that reason I can't see Bégin being moved.

FTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 12:27 AM
NewHabsEra*

Untouchables: Price, Komisarek, Latendresse, Chipchura, Higgins, Koivu, Kostitsyn..

And I highly doubt Gainey will move guys like Perezhogin, Plekanec, Emelin, OByrne, Fischer..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 06:54 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
not enough people said Markov. I honestly don't get it.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 07:25 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
I understand your position but I see more people *****ing about french players, french media, french everything than fans clamoring for french players lately.

Its always the same discussion that comes back time after time and its seriously starting to feel like an endless loop. The worse thing is that there doesn't seem to be any discussion going on, just a series of long winding monologues featuring diverse constituents of opposite positions. Of course, it always turns into politics and bickering and the thread gets closed.

Only to reappear the next day in another form. It gets worse as new member are joining in and take the same old dead donkey for another run.

All the while we are wasting precious opportunities to talk about prospects, players, where the team is going, ect...

I posted a real long post regarding the language issue just after the "Koivu incident". You can read it here. Of course, the thread got closed by Gee Wally so it might not be a good idea to start this thing up again.

Another thread with some legs feature increadibly insightfull arguments like "Want some cheese with that whine?". Is that type of discussion necessary? Like I said in the other thread, maybe they should just sticky a "Language war" thread so people can bicker endlessly in a confined space, like they did with the "ovechkin/crosby" debate...

Exact .

It's the same thing about the rumours from one of the Eklund, Code and company . We don't have much to talk by sumetime , so why not simply discuss about what would be a good trade ? but it's impossible because there are too much posters that destroy any chances to have fun ;" Eklund is this , that and this and you are all that , this and that if you beleive what he's saying " . Who care , we just want to talk about hockey ?

Old
09-08-2006, 07:27 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
not enough people said Markov. I honestly don't get it.
i am surprise too , but may be it's because he's a free agent next season ?

Old
09-08-2006, 07:54 AM
frederixx

i see only 1 on the list and it's Latendresse. he has the skills, he's Quebecois and everyone seems to like the kid already.

as for the other players... at the right price, they're not untouchable!

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 08:45 AM
znk

Quote:
Maybe its a problem to you if he's french?

We can call him Latendrinov if it makes you more confortable.

We put Grabovski on the 2nd line after one day in camp but god help us if we want Latendresse to repeat last year's performance.

And, btw, I know you are french yourself. I can only conclude to masochistic tendencies.

This subject has been beaten over and over and over and backwards and forward and sideways. All the time, every time.

The question here is not how good he is or what ever...it's the unoridnate ratio of news we get on the guy. Last night's RDS report was a joke.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote