HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse with Montreal this year?

Old
09-07-2006, 09:26 PM
wildone26*

vCash: 500
Latendresse with Montreal this year?

What are Guillame Latendresse's chances of making the team this year? He came very close last year, but he did not have a great junior year in the Q league or the WJs either last year.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:27 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
He will not make the team.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
30%

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:28 PM
HabsoluteFate

I'll tell you after training camp....its too early to tell although early indications are good...can't wait to see the highlights tomorrow night on RDS of tomorrow's game

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
So far, a deadlock between Kostitsyn, Grabovsky and Latendresse, and Kostitsyn is the only one with AHL experience and an NHL goal.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Latendresse needs to get that fire going again. He really didn't seem to be trying too hard after he didn't make the Habs last year, causing him to underachieve in the QMJHL and get benched at the World Juniors. Hopefully, Carbo can get him going again, and he'll destroy the Q like we all know he should've.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:32 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Latendresse needs to get that fire going again. He really didn't seem to be trying too hard after he didn't make the Habs last year, causing him to underachieve in the QMJHL and get benched at the World Juniors. Hopefully, Carbo can get him going again, and he'll destroy the Q like we all know he should've.
Well I don't have the stats, but I remember that last year, after 1-2 weeks post-WJC he went on to dominate and tore the Q, having 3-4 and 5 points games pretty much every game. I think getting cut at the very last minute destroyd his psychological side, but that probably got him to mature over time. I, for one, think what we saw in the 2nd half is the real Latendresse...

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:33 PM
deandebean

Let him breathe a bit. The kid is still young.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Dogbert*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Well I don't have the stats, but I remember that last year, after 1-2 weeks post-WJC he went on to dominate and tore the Q, having 3-4 and 5 points games pretty much every game. I think getting cut at the very last minute destroyd his psychological side, but that probably got him to mature over time. I, for one, think what we saw in the 2nd half is the real Latendresse...
Let's hope so. I was expecting nothing less than two points-per-game for Lats in the Q, and he could've reached that level if he'd been going like he was during training camp.

Old
09-07-2006, 09:42 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Let's hope so. I was expecting nothing less than two points-per-game for Lats in the Q, and he could've reached that level if he'd been going like he was during training camp.
He was on that pace in late January, early February.

He's a big boy in a man's body. The guy is a junior playing at 229...And no fat. The kid is a natural athlete. He just needs to get in gear at the right time.

Old
09-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Habsy

His chances would be much better if he was a center. I think Kostitsyn and Grabovsky have the inside track, mainly due to age, progression and team needs.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
What are Guillame Latendresse's chances of making the team this year? He came very close last year, but he did not have a great junior year in the Q league or the WJs either last year.
How is 83 pts in 51 games not a great year? In 82 games that would amount to well over 100pts. Imo Lats has the best chance of making the team out of all the rookies.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Phousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
How is 83 pts in 51 games not a great year? In 82 games that would amount to well over 100pts. Imo Lats has the best chance of making the team out of all the rookies.
Where does he fit, though? I can't see him playing in the top 6 unless there are some moves.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Dogbert*

Quote:
It pro-rates to 117 points over a full QMJHL season, to be exact... but I think we all know that Lats is capable of racking up more points than even that in the Q. In a full season, I'd expect at least 140-150 points from Guillaume, and he could even beat that. With his size and strength, he could dominate the league, and it's disconcerting that he didn't seem interested in it.

Old
09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
133 points in 82 games...doesn't sound that bad

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:01 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Those may be impressive totals in the NHL, but Lats is playing in the Q, where there were sixteen-100 point scorers and seven with 50+ goals last season. With his physique and offensive skills he should be putting up 200 points and prove that he's worth the hype.

ForsbergForever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:03 PM
SOLR

Will he be superior to Andrei, I doubt it, not this year.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:04 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg4ever View Post
Those may be impressive totals in the NHL, but Lats is playing in the Q, where there were sixteen-100 point scorers and seven with 50+ goals last season. With his physique and offensive skills he should be putting up 200 points and prove that he's worth the hype.

200 points?!? The Q has the scoring touch for sure, but getting to 200 points is a bit too much don't you think?

He had a poor 4 months because of some bad vibes around him. His entourage got to his head. I think he got the message loud and clear from Bob.

Old
09-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Well, to be fair the guy was dropped to the Q, when it was believed that he deserved to make the NHL. Sure he might of lacked maturity by not playing to his full capabilities because it was the Q... but I think we all know that he could've done more, and would've done more in the NHL (not Stats-Wize). I think he will come into camp looking even better then he did last year.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Ok mabye 200 is pushing it but I think he could out-point Radulov and he got 152 last year, so I think 160 pts would be feasible.

ForsbergForever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Will he be superior to Andrei, I doubt it, not this year.
Well, Andrei is older. Plus, they're not the same type. You can bet that if Guillaume reaches his potential, Andrei won't even be able to carry his jockstrap. This guy, if he develops like he should, is a potential superstar. He's got the skillset, probably the best delivery in the club right now, he hits like a motherf-train, he's already stronger physically than any forwards we have except probably Kovalev, he's got all the attributes.

He needs to focus. If he does, he'll be a dandy. Remember: this kid went from pee-wee AA to midget AAA stardom in one year! That tells me he's an exceptional athlete. If he fails, he's got himself to blame.

Old
09-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Well, Andrei is older. Plus, they're not the same type. You can bet that if Guillaume reaches his potential, Andrei won't even be able to carry his jockstrap. This guy, if he develops like he should, is a potential superstar. He's got the skillset, probably the best delivery in the club right now, he hits like a motherf-train, he's already stronger physically than any forwards we have except probably Kovalev, he's got all the attributes.

He needs to focus. If he does, he'll be a dandy. Remember: this kid went from pee-wee AA to midget AAA stardom in one year! That tells me he's an exceptional athlete. If he fails, he's got himself to blame.
Kosty, if he reaches his potential, would also be a superstar, though. there's a reason he was projected to go top 5.

Old
09-07-2006, 10:10 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Ok mabye 200 is pushing it but I think he could out-point Radulov and he got 152 last year, so I think 160 pts would be feasible.
Where I agree with you is the comparisons to Radulov. He himself was a supposed headcase 2 seasons ago, before Patrick lit his fire. But I believe Guillaume has the best of both packages. I saw the games he played against the Russian delegation (where Radulov played). He completely DOMINATED both games. He was a man toying with kids. I saw the rest of the games across Canada and no other player dominated like he did. It looked easy to him. That's why Sutter wanted him. He saw the same thing. Gui looked like Lindros with Oshawa.

His attitude was just crummy.

Old
09-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
They just said on 110% that Latendresse didn't make the team last year because he had been recruited into the Three Amigos and the team feared a bad influence.

Don't know if that's true, but it's interesting.

Michel Villeneuve said it.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

hahahaha, i doubt that