HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Possible to watch Bruins/NHL Games online?

Old
09-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Smerri

vCash: 500
Possible to watch Bruins/NHL Games online?

So, Im at college this year and have no TV (as of yet). If I dont get one before the season starts, is there any sites I can go to/sign up for that let me stream Bruins/NHL games (free/fee). I know I can listen for free on NHL.com but Id really like to watch the games.

Thanks

Smerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Habsp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerri View Post
So, Im at college this year and have no TV (as of yet). If I dont get one before the season starts, is there any sites I can go to/sign up for that let me stream Bruins/NHL games (free/fee). I know I can listen for free on NHL.com but Id really like to watch the games.

Thanks
From a Habs fan to a care bear fan;

go to http://www.streamtvnow.tv/

It costs about $3 per month. You have to make sure you get all your settings/codecs right, but once you do, you should be able to watch pretty much any game you want. Just don't watch many Bruin games though....

Habsp* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Smerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsp View Post
From a Habs fan to a care bear fan;

go to http://www.streamtvnow.tv/

It costs about $3 per month. You have to make sure you get all your settings/codecs right, but once you do, you should be able to watch pretty much any game you want. Just don't watch many Bruin games though....
Well, thank you very much. And I wouldnt think of doing anything else besides cheer for my Bruins!

Old
09-07-2006, 11:14 PM
BBruin66

Send a message via AIM to BBruin66
Well that is good to know, i hope it works well. I dont get NESN here and this year I care a little bit more about the B's than the end of last year...

BBruin66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Does anyone know how well this thing works???

It sounds too good to be true!

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Sakaarnis

http://www.tvunetworks.com/downloads/index.htm

Download this player. They have ABC/OLN there. When OLN broadcast NHL games, they switch it to it. As i understand OLN will broadcast 7 Bruins games this season.

Its all free and speed is good, i can watch it without glitch even from Latvia. Cheers.

Sakaarnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 02:23 AM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Or you could just download them all for free...

In TV-like quality. Some even in HD.

The internet's a wonderful place...

Amen evil king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 02:29 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehtonen32 View Post
Or you could just download them all for free...

In TV-like quality. Some even in HD.

The internet's a wonderful place...
Please explain how.

- Hardcore Bruins Fan in Flyers/Rangers/Islanders country.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

When the season starts up again, search around for "Bruins torrents", or even "NHL torrents". As soon as you find one, you should be able to follow it's origins to some places that will direct you to hundreds more.. I think there were only about 20 Thrashers games available last season, but for some teams (Boston included) it's between 50-80. It should only improve this season too, as more people get on the bandwagon.

The main place where all these things derive from is invite only now, and despite me being a member I don't actually have any invites to hand out for some reason. This shouldn't matter too much anyway.. It is merely a forum which links to torrent sites. Putting a bit of effort into searching Google and following the leads Google comes up will always get you what you need.

It might pay to read up on torrents if you're unfamiliar with them too.

Amen evil king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 06:15 AM
bb74

The issue is the ports being blocked because its P2P based - if you have an ISP on the up and up (like me) you're stuck...

Unless of course there's a way to do ftp of the taped games... but I guess that's the issue - rebroadcasting rights etc...

Funny thing is I'd probably pay a few bucks a game for VOD but no-one really seems to give a damn about it in the NHL - just milk local broadcasting networks and work the gate - that's about it - assume 200K people wwd look to do VOD at 1$ a pop per game - 20 games and that's already $1.2M + advertizing so probably in the 1.5M range when all is said and done. More than enough to make a profit based on the infra people would need to get the service up and running - then cross sell merchandise, etc... People in canada / US etc in black-out or non showing games - same deal - there's certainly a market out there... I'm pretty confident you could get most of the kids / parents from the youth hockey programs to dial-in and pay some $$ to see the best hockey in the word - and that's a decent sized audience in Europe...

hmmm... got me thinkin there...

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaarnis View Post
http://www.tvunetworks.com/downloads/index.htm

Download this player. They have ABC/OLN there. When OLN broadcast NHL games, they switch it to it. As i understand OLN will broadcast 7 Bruins games this season.

Its all free and speed is good, i can watch it without glitch even from Latvia. Cheers.
I downloaded the player, and it seems great... You and I are going to have to keep in touch when games are being broadcast on here... I need to make sure I can access them.

Thanks dude... If this works, I owe you (a big) one.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 12:30 PM
flea

Send a message via MSN to flea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

Does anyone know how well this thing works???

It sounds too good to be true!
Yes, streamtvnow works!!! And I can tell u that its the best 3 bucks per month investment that I have made in my life, lol!!!

Over here we only have one or two NHL games per week on tv (last season they only televised one Bruin game ), so I registered on streamtvnow at the beginning of last season and I watched about 100 NHL games....and I could have watched more!!! Every night there are two or three games to watch!!
Besides that u also can see all the great american leagues like the NFL, MLB, NBA....also NASCAR or other events like WWF or the best european soccerleagues like the Premier of England, La Liga from Spain or Serie A from Italy.
They even consider petitions (I made some to see the OHL) and sometimes there are also AHL games. Last year I could watch even the Memorial Cup there!!!

Its really, really worth it, I can tell u that!!

Greets

flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 02:30 PM
stungun

this tvuplayer works fine on my computer. watching a little tennis and canadian open pga live right now. seems to be a very short delay which is understandable. interested to see what other channels become available.
thanx-stungun

stungun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 06:58 PM
DFENS44

What about SLINGBOX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerri View Post

Thanks
If you have a computer, you can watch on your folks tv...slingbox.com. Don't know all the particulars, but it could help as well.

DFENS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 07:48 PM
A Flock Of Seguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea View Post
Yes, streamtvnow works!!! And I can tell u that its the best 3 bucks per month investment that I have made in my life, lol!!!

Over here we only have one or two NHL games per week on tv (last season they only televised one Bruin game ), so I registered on streamtvnow at the beginning of last season and I watched about 100 NHL games....and I could have watched more!!! Every night there are two or three games to watch!!
Besides that u also can see all the great american leagues like the NFL, MLB, NBA....also NASCAR or other events like WWF or the best european soccerleagues like the Premier of England, La Liga from Spain or Serie A from Italy.
They even consider petitions (I made some to see the OHL) and sometimes there are also AHL games. Last year I could watch even the Memorial Cup there!!!

Its really, really worth it, I can tell u that!!

Greets
Serie A too?!
SOLD!

TVU seems pretty darned good too, i'm thrilled.

A Flock Of Seguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 08:47 PM
SPICOLI*

So which site will carry the most Bruins games?

SPICOLI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 09:10 PM
kdog82

how do you watch tv on streamtvnow?? I too go to college and cannot watch Bruins games. I need to know how to make it work.

Thanks

kdog82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 09:32 AM
flea

Send a message via MSN to flea
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog82 View Post
how do you watch tv on streamtvnow?? I too go to college and cannot watch Bruins games. I need to know how to make it work.

Thanks

U have to download Winamp and u need the right codecs, but there is a help section in the streamtvnow forums with lots of explanations and its not that hard to install it. Iam a PC dummy and even I could handle it, lol!!

...and well, it really seems that one of the guys on streamtvnow is a Bruins fan too, because I would say that its the team with the most games (at least last season it was like that!!).

Greets

flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 09:58 AM
hockeyyy

Comcast and Yahoo will have NHL games online this season also !!!! =)

hockeyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 10:06 AM
DOGSTARMAN

http://www.comcast.net/sports/nhl/hockeylive/schedule/

When the games are scheduled by Comcast, they'll appear there. A couple of games air online every night. It works quite well, I watched it last year.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 10:08 AM
DOGSTARMAN

Oh yeah, as I'm sure many people have heard from me before, the Slingbox is a great invention. Highly recommended for anyone who travels.

Also, Sony has a roughly similar device out called LocationFree TV. A new model, with some nice new features, is coming out this fall. It's pretty good. You can watch TV on your PSP, for example.

Old
09-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Boston
Captain Chara

I downloaded TVU player. It seems to work really well. Thanks everyone! I will soon be paying the $3 a month to watch steamtvnow too!!

Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Sakaarnis

STay tuned to the TVU player, ive heard rumors that they will broadcast TSN and possibly Center Ice too.

Sakaarnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Smerri

Quick question about StreamTV - An above poster said you need some codec to watch it on WinAmp - So does this mean a game is recorded then posted on line and I watch it after its been played or is it streamed and I watch it live?

(Also, are all the above options live aswell {except for the torrents which I am pretty sure would be pre-recorded})

Thanks for all the replies so far - very very glad to see there are plenty of options open to me.

Old
09-09-2006, 04:30 PM
DOGSTARMAN

I don't know about the specific streaming system in question, but the CODEC is needed because the video is encoded as part of the streaming process. The need for a CODEC does not mean it is pre-recorded. Hardware options like the Slingbox ecode in real-time, with only a few seconds of buffering introduced along the way. So, you are pretty much watching what is happening in the moment.