HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Training Camp Roster

Old
09-15-2006, 02:36 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
More Tom Renney

Quote:
During the first day of training camp here Thursday, Renney specifically mentioned the play of 06' draftees RW David Kveton, a fourth-rounder (104th overall) from the Czech Republic and 18-year-old Slovakian winger Tomas Zeborsky (137th overall).

"I really liked the looks of our draft," Renney said. "(Bobby) Sanguinetti was good. He's a young player but he's got the fire you like from the back end of an offensive defenseman," Renney said of the Rangers No. 1 pick from New Jersey.

Another player who caught Renney's eye was Ryan Russell. "He's one of those kids that's sort of a late-bloomer kind of guy we hope in the Petr Prucha mode." Russell is a 5-foot-10, 19-year-old who scored 33 goals for Kootenay in the WHL last season

Goaltender Al Montoya, the Rangers No. 1 pick (6th overall) in 2004, did not play at all in the tournament. He had three injuries last year, a broken left ring finger, a groin strain and then a shoulder separation at the end of the season that required surgery. "We just wanted to be prudent," said Renney. "He practiced every day with the team. We wanted to give him every opportunity to have a great camp. He's full-bore here
."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ny-sports-mezz

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 06:02 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
PLAYERS RELEASED ON 9/18/06:
Forward -- Ivan Novoseltsev (Moscow Spartak, RUS)

PLAYERS REASSIGNED ON 9/18/06
Defense -- Bobby Sanguinetti (Owen Sound, OHL).
Forwards -- Marc-Andre Cliche (Lewiston, QMJHL), Brodie Dupont (Calgary, WHL), David Kveton (Gatineau, QMJHL), Tommy Pyatt (Saginaw, OHL) and Ryan Russell (Kootenay, WHL
)
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2272

Old
09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I dont understand why not give Bobby Sanguinetti at least one pre season game, I doubt that would hurt his development.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
I dont understand why not give Bobby Sanguinetti at least one pre season game, I doubt that would hurt his development.
maybe because the more pressing need is who is your 7th d-man. It probably wouldn't hurt if Sanguinetti played one game but it doesn't really help either. From all reports Sanguinetti didn't light the world on fire (not that he was supposed to by any means) and putting him in an NHL game when he isn't ready could infact do more harm than good. Let his last memory before going back to junior be what it is..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Pizza

I agree.

Other guys need to be looked at right now. Bobby's place is with his OHL team.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 08:52 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
What's the point? Unlike Staal's early days in camp last year, Sanguinetti did nothing to show that he is ready for a longer look.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 09:04 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Owen Sound begins their season this Friday

Old
09-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
maybe because the more pressing need is who is your 7th d-man. It probably wouldn't hurt if Sanguinetti played one game but it doesn't really help either. From all reports Sanguinetti didn't light the world on fire (not that he was supposed to by any means) and putting him in an NHL game when he isn't ready could infact do more harm than good. Let his last memory before going back to junior be what it is..
I think there's also the risk of the kid getting back into the groove later. Ideally you want the kid to hit the ground running and keeping him in camp really can throw that off (especially when you know the kid isn't ready to make the team).

You see it often, players coming back from the NHL camps right after being drafted. The team keeps them around too long, they're not getting prepared for the season they WILL be playing and they really stumble out of the gate.

Now if the kid stood a chance of making the team or was ready than maybe, but at this point there really isn't a substantial need to take that approach.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
So Lessard and Gabinet were both tryout players that were sent to Hartford today? Were they signed and then sent down or just cut?

Owen is offline   Reply With Quote