HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rookie Tourney GDT: 09/08/06 - Kings vs. Ducks

Old
09-09-2006, 03:09 AM
Riofan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Who is Zeiler? What number did he wear? I don't remember seeing him listed on the roster.

Sorry for the tons of questions, just trying to keep track of the pre-season stats for the Kings.

Zeiler (73) was one of the players that caught my eye along with Korchinski (62) in the physical aspect of the game laying the body. Zeiler had at least 2 solid hits as the game got physical. Korchinski broke a play that led to a king's goal.

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect/john_zeiler

Riofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 03:34 AM
5minsforfighting

Thanks for the great game recap guys
Hope to see more of them.

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 03:43 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Great game tonight, super impressed with Kopitar. That kid is going to be something special, great skills and a lot of confidence in his game. I have no dount the tournement is a two horse race right now, Phoenix and San Jose were just bad.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 03:54 AM
dafranchz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct View Post
7. I asked Lauri Tukonen whether he is injured, and he originally said yes but he couldn't tell me the nature of the injury. Then he said he's going to play. I think he was just being held out of the game and doesn't speak English very well . . .
He's still rehabbing. No way he'll be playing in this tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct View Post
10. I did not see Lombardi or Crawford there. Did see Hextall, DT and Al Murray (I think -- this was at a distance).
DL and MC were there early-on, then went over in the corner by the back wall. Didn't see them after.

Al isn't there. He's already on the road working.

dafranchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 05:00 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Seriously Roussin is like Robitaille in that he's great in front of the net. He's got skills, he's just got to capitalize on them. Hopefully Crawford can whip him into shape.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Johnny Utah

Was on a date, showed up late and left early. Kopitar was by far the best player out there.

The hitting was great, not as common as I thought, but when it happened it was devastating. Noticed Moulson a lot out there and Lukacevic and his speed. Korchinski threw a monster hit.

Saw Marc Crawford on my way out, guy smiled at us and was talking to people. Seemed like a nice guy.

Also saw Cammy driving around on his cell phone in the parking lot.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 06:07 AM
shaayar78

Send a message via AIM to shaayar78
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I would have loved to see Meckler - Kopitar - Halloway. D: I wonder how come O`Sullivan isnt playing in the rookie tourney.
May be cuz he might be a LOCK for the team

shaayar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 06:08 AM
shaayar78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
He's got all the skills, he's just gotta pull his head out of his ***.
And, may be add a little more speed....not the fleetest of players on the ice.

Old
09-09-2006, 06:19 AM
shaayar78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Just got back myself ......

Petiot ... I don't agree w/ GM, Petiot looked like the most solid D man on the ice to me, the problem .... he was worn out from all the penalty killing, he was getting a ton of ice time due to it, and how can you blame the duck goals (5 on 3's) against either Petiot or Bernier is a mystery to me ? Also had a little fight with a Duck {Maxwell ?} late into the 3rd, but had little left as again was already on the ice for an extended shift killing a penalty. I agree he'll start and spend most his time in Manchester again this year, but he reminds me of a younger and healthier Aaron Miller, look for him to replace Miller someday.

Kopitar ... everything you knew he'd be, dominate on the ice when he wanted to be, simply the best player on the ice tonight.

Hogeboom ... needs to step it up a notch !

Mormina ... Solid enough.

Harrold ... Solid for the most part, but I saw at least 2 passes he was damn lucky the Duck rookie didn't get a stick on first, or could have been trouble, aside from the reckless passing, another solid D man for the future.

Holloway ... penalty magnet, got demoted off Kopitar's line in the 3rd and replaced with Hogeboom, maybe just a bad night ?

Roussin ... was sporting an A on his chest and like Reaper says I can see the potential talent, would have been nice if he burried that breakaway he got in the 2nd, oh well, but Danny is one of the few guys I saw camping out in front of the net and trying to get into the head of the Ducks goalie. The kid is a hard worker and should be given more time to develop, he COULD be something nice in the future.

Lukacevic ... speed, and a solid PK man

Werner ... the other penalty magnet tonight

Matt Moulson ... {was #70} Conor James WHO ? this kid appears to be the real deal and Manchester will love him, 2 goals tonight, skates hard, and back checks, solid player from what you can tell watching just one game.

Bernier .... {Played the whole game and got the win} I find it difficult to fault goalies for 5 on 3's, funny how every time the Kings scored the refs would call 2 in a row on the Kings ? Other than that made a real nice save in the 3rd, and was solid 5 on 5 and 5 on 4, as was the Kings D ..... no complaints about Bernier from me.

Ok ..... granted I have a Kings bias of course but overall they sure looked like they dominated the majority of this game, aside from the penalties did the Ducks ever score a goal 5 on 5 ? I don't think so .......

Also Crawford was there, saw him down near the dressing rooms during the game.

And I didn't think Bobby Ryan looked all that special ?

Also in case anyone wanted to know the Coyotes beat the Sharks in the 1st game, though I thought the Sharks looked like the better team most of the game.
"Kopitar ... everything you knew he'd be, dominate on the ice when he wanted to be, simply the best player on the ice tonight."

Thats very refreshing (although I already know he deserved to be the #1 ranked Euro in '05 draft) considering Bobby Ryan was out there for the ducks as well, and some of the other top prospects from all four teams playing tonight.

Old
09-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
GM, Thanks for the recap, much appreciated.
Is Moulson pretty much Manchester bound?
This was the first time I saw him play, so I don't think I can answer that question based on talent evaluation. However, based on age and other things, I would expect him to play in Manchester.

Game Misconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
How did Craig Schira and Bud Holloway do?
I wasn't really focused on them that much. From what I did see of them, Holloway was killing penalties and looked OK, nothing special. Schira I did watch a little, but not really enough to say anything.

Old
09-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
GM, since you mentioned Bobby Ryan; did Mikkelson, Festerling, and Kraus play for the Ducks and how did they do?

How about McLaren and Luky?
Sorry, but Ryan was the only Ducks player I was paying much attention to.

Did not focus much on McLaren, Lukacevic looked same as prior times I've seen him play. Decent penalty killer, excellent speed, nothing else to get excited about.

Old
09-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Fat Elvis

How'd Gabe look? I think this guy may be the sleeper to make the team.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 12:35 PM
RightKinger

Thanks for the recaps guys!! Sounds like Kopitar is ready.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 01:22 PM
deano

Gabe played well, but from last nights effort, I would say that the only one that plays at that NHL level is Kopitar. He is dominant. He is so composed with the puck, and can go just about anywhere with it. His passing is amazing, his skating is actually very good. He can change direction on a dime, and his shooting accuaracy is top notch.
I sat with a scout from the Nashville Predators, and he was talking very highly of Kopitar, Tukonen, and Pushkarev. He said Kopitar, and O'Sullivan will be stars at the NHL level. He also was very high on Pushkarev, with an emerging skill set like a Datsyuk or Nagy. He also said that he had Kopitar pegged as the #2 pick behind Crosby. Anyway, it was a great night seeing hockey, and the stands were full of hockey brass, scouts, parents of the players and genuine hockey nuts. I'm looking forward to tonight.

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 02:36 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I think we are all missing the big picture.. Everyone talking about "how did the prospects looks out there?" and this and that.. What REALLY matters is..

WE BEAT THE DUCKS! YESSSSSS!

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us View Post
I think we are all missing the big picture.. Everyone talking about "how did the prospects looks out there?" and this and that.. What REALLY matters is..

WE BEAT THE DUCKS! YESSSSSS!
LOL

Old
09-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Was on a date, showed up late and left early.
Typical L.A. fan

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Typical L.A. fan
I know, jesus come on JU!

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Peter James Bond

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Typical L.A. fan

Worse; I was at the Miracle on Manchester back in 82 or whatever and then owner Jerry Buss was on a date (at the game) with actress Cathie Lee Crosby. They left in the third period when it was 5-1 Oilers!

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah

Worse; I was at the Miracle on Manchester back in 82 or whatever and then owner Jerry Buss was on a date (at the game) with actress Cathie Lee Crosby. They left in the third period when it was 5-1 Oilers!
Hey man I was not even supposed to go until Monday. I swung by to catch a little because my date was cool and wanted to see what is about. I usually stay for the whole games even when we get blown out and my buddies who are Blues fans are taunting me...I'll be there for both games Monday dudes.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 05:28 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
I was at the Miracle on Manchester back in 82 or whatever and then owner Jerry Buss was on a date (at the game) with actress Cathie Lee Crosby. They left in the third period when it was 5-1 Oilers!
Until this past season, when I did it with alarming regularity, the only hockey game I *ever* left early was that "Miracle On Manchester." --- I believe Doug Smith took a completely unnecessary hooking penalty at center ice in the early moments of the 3rd period, and I stood from my seat of six seasons (Section 12, Row L, Seat 5), having missed maybe 2 games in that entire span, and announced to the friends around me that I was done... It was some time around 5 the next morning, as I stood in front of a urinal at the Rainbow Club in Gardena that I looked up at a tacked up copy of the LA Times sports section, and learned about what I had missed. Never left a game early for almost 20 years prior to that, and as I said, until this past season hadn't done it since.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Hey man I was not even supposed to go until Monday. I swung by to catch a little because my date was cool and wanted to see what is about. I usually stay for the whole games even when we get blown out and my buddies who are Blues fans are taunting me...I'll be there for both games Monday dudes.
Wow, getting a little defensive. Dating is good, date all you want. Because when you get married with children you end up having to rely on others giving you the info about the game. Unless she's a real porker, get in and out before anyone will see you

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 06:59 PM
shaayar78

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
Gabe played well, but from last nights effort, I would say that the only one that plays at that NHL level is Kopitar. He is dominant. He is so composed with the puck, and can go just about anywhere with it. His passing is amazing, his skating is actually very good. He can change direction on a dime, and his shooting accuaracy is top notch.
I sat with a scout from the Nashville Predators, and he was talking very highly of Kopitar, Tukonen, and Pushkarev. He said Kopitar, and O'Sullivan will be stars at the NHL level. He also was very high on Pushkarev, with an emerging skill set like a Datsyuk or Nagy. He also said that he had Kopitar pegged as the #2 pick behind Crosby. Anyway, it was a great night seeing hockey, and the stands were full of hockey brass, scouts, parents of the players and genuine hockey nuts. I'm looking forward to tonight.
Do you know who this scout was for the Preds?

Old
09-09-2006, 08:50 PM
JeffForsberg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riofan View Post
Zeiler (73) was one of the players that caught my eye along with Korchinski (62) in the physical aspect of the game laying the body. Zeiler had at least 2 solid hits as the game got physical. Korchinski broke a play that led to a king's goal.

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect/john_zeiler
If Zeiler wore #73, what was Mormina number

JeffForsberg21 is offline   Reply With Quote