HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Thrashers Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 06:41 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Rangers Thrashers Proposal

How about this deal to help both teams?

Carter, Purinton, LaCouture to Thrashers for Stefan and Exelby

Reason for the deal, Thrashers get a good player in Carter that they need with Savard being out and we manage to give them some depth in Purinton and LaCouture. Rangers free up space so either Ortmeyer or Moore can get more ice time and they get a tough young dman in Exelby and a young centre who has some potential still.

What u think??

Old
11-18-2003, 06:46 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Stefan = concussion problems. We already have one of those.

Carter might interest them, but getting Stefan in return really doesn't help much.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:58 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Stefan = concussion problems. We already have one of those.

Carter might interest them, but getting Stefan in return really doesn't help much.

Nah I dont agree with that at all. He played 19 games so far this year and has played 71 last year and 59 in his rookie year. So I dont think concussions had to do with it. He is still young that he can turn into a superstar. Exelby is not that bad of a dman. And he is young and physical.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:22 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
Nah I dont agree with that at all. He played 19 games so far this year and has played 71 last year and 59 in his rookie year. So I dont think concussions had to do with it. He is still young that he can turn into a superstar. Exelby is not that bad of a dman. And he is young and physical.
Yeah, he hasn't missed much time YET. I got into this same argument with Laches(where U been guy???) a few years back about Jason Allison when the B's were shopping him. I didn't want him, he had a history of injuries, but didn't miss alot of time. But when he GOT OLDER, he started to feel the effects of his injuries(Doesn't matter anyway, Slats ended up trading for Baby Huey ;o). Plus, concussions are worse down the road, i don't have to tell you that....

Old
11-18-2003, 07:23 AM
Larry Melnyk

No way does Atlanta trade Exelby...He's exactly what we don't have, a physical, defensive-first D-man...ANd even if we somehow snookered Waddel out of these two for the above mentioned trio, I'm sure Sather would keep them plastered to the bench and keep playing the guys that have brought us to prominence....

Old
11-18-2003, 07:38 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
How about this deal to help both teams?

Carter, Purinton, LaCouture to Thrashers for Stefan and Exelby

Reason for the deal, Thrashers get a good player in Carter that they need with Savard being out and we manage to give them some depth in Purinton and LaCouture. Rangers free up space so either Ortmeyer or Moore can get more ice time and they get a tough young dman in Exelby and a young centre who has some potential still.

What u think??
No thanks! You can keep that punk Purinton, the Thrashers have plenty of 3rd and 4th liners on the team and also on the farm, therefore no need for Lacouture.

Carter is Atlanta is tempting, but not for Stefan or Exelby.

XLB trade value is increasing consistantly.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
No thanks! You can keep that punk Purinton, the Thrashers have plenty of 3rd and 4th liners on the team and also on the farm, therefore no need for Lacouture.

Carter is Atlanta is tempting, but not for Stefan or Exelby.

XLB trade value is increasing consistantly.
While I agree that the original proposed deal is a no-go because of Exelby, if Atlanta is gonna want to aquire a decent forward, you have to give to get...Carter, outside of New York, is a good 2nd line forward who is worth at least the unproductive and inconsistent Stefan..In fact, I wouldn't do the deal straight up if I was the Rangers....Don't think the Rangers match up well with the Thrasers tradewise

Old
11-18-2003, 08:18 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Don't think the Rangers match up well with the Thrashers tradewise
In general the same can be applied to most NHL franchises, because of the huge contracts the Rangers gave there players.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
In general the same can be applied to most NHL franchises, because of the huge contracts the Rangers gave there players.
Unless we throw in the money to pay some of those contracts

Old
11-18-2003, 08:29 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
How about the fact Stefan sucks.

TomAce, we're not talking about Holik, Kasparitus, Leetch, etc

We're talking about Carter and his "giant" 1 year 2.8 mill contract. There are plenty of guys on this team with one year left on their contracts who are affordable.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
I don't think that tiresome refraIN is an issue here at all because carter ain't all that expensive..In regards to this hypothetical trade I think the Issue is that the Thrasers have no solid D-men to spare to trade or are at a stage in their development where they don't want to give up any solid prospects that are near ready.....In my opinion, though, they are gonna have to bite the bullet if they want to make a run for the POs..Whether it's a Comrie, a Carter, or a WHoever, I don't know..

Old
11-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

Quote:
Very nice insult. Except for the fact an ARBITRATOR gave Carter his $2.8 million deal. Sigh.

Closed Thread