HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hossa and Ryder Being Traded?

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 09:18 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
man you people are hard on him. He just wanted to know if anybody else heard something like this. You dont all need to dump on him. You all need to relax a little.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:21 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
man you people are hard on him. He just wanted to know if anybody else heard something like this. You dont all need to dump on him. You all need to relax a little.
Hey, its Monday you know

Old
11-17-2003, 09:24 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Hey, its Monday you know
Oh I know! it's just crazy at my job... I just finished eating and it's freaking 14:21! why wont the clock go faster!!!!

Old
11-17-2003, 09:35 AM
AK-47

Quote:
I was just stating the facts. I for one don't mind these kind of posts.

Honestly, I was just curious about the so called source. It would give some credibility to this information.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Subban Fan

Quote:
I agree with you...give this guy a break!!!

Old
11-17-2003, 10:02 AM
SpezNc

it would be a dream to see Morrow coming in the habs land...

I've always loved this guy..

Ryder upside is how Morrow is now..

As for Hossa, he is such a dissapointed since the start of the season.

I think that Ryder+Hossa For Morrow is a VERY VERY VERY fair deal...

Old
11-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
I'm not at liberty to state that...If you don't want to believe it then don't because nobody's is forcing you to accept it! I spun it out to see if anybody else could corroborate in any way...Hopefully nobody can and hopefully it amounts to nothing.
Not at liberty to state that???????

Are you like the Montreal Canadien's Assistant GM or something??????
Is it classified information????????

Old
11-17-2003, 10:54 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Hey, its Monday you know
I guess timing is everything then!

By the way, if we did trade Hossa and Ryder for Morrow I think I'd be okay with it. As much as I like the two we give up, Morrow would be great. But to help ease the pain of losing those two I'd like to have something else come our way.

Old
11-17-2003, 11:02 AM
DEBASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I guess timing is everything then!

By the way, if we did trade Hossa and Ryder for Morrow I think I'd be okay with it. As much as I like the two we give up, Morrow would be great. But to help ease the pain of losing those two I'd like to have something else come our way.
value wise, i think it is a fair deal, but the team as a whole needs to get tougher. while morrow would help in this area, losing ryder hurts. if the deal can be changed to something like hossa and pleckanek/balej/2nd rounder, i'd be happy.

Old
11-17-2003, 11:07 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
I think it is just a rumor, but if they were to be traded I would not be surprised to se them go to Edmonton for Comrie. The Oilers are looking for good young players in return and both Ryder and Hossa played well with Stoll in Hamilton last season, not to mention their is some chemistry there with Stoll/Torres/Ryder. Hossa would probably play alongside Hemsky, then watch him produce.

But I see us going with youth, not dumping it off for another teams headache or problem child.
may be you're right ... i think that Edmonton , dallas and Chicago are the team that could want to trade with us

Old
11-17-2003, 11:16 AM
RichardZednik#20

Maybe Shane Doan??

Now that would be interresting. Higgins, Kastsitsyn, Perezhogin, Balej, Ward, Plekanec, etc... and our next picks in future can provide the future while Doan will bring ous alot. Don't know if Phoneix would do it tough.

Old
11-17-2003, 11:23 AM
messy_eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob *******s
So its probably the same guy who saw the Sasquatch on Ste-Catherine the other day isn't it?

BS post, site your source or leave the space... Anybody can make those kind of rumor...

Man that guy must be the luckiest guy alive first to see a sasquatch then to get inside info on the Habs. Although i do think the habs will have to inject some scoring if they want to make the playoffs. It could be young players coming back if it was true. Maybe Comrie or Those elusive iginla rumours. Goonie goo goo

Old
11-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Highlander
Man that guy must be the luckiest guy alive first to see a sasquatch then to get inside info on the Habs. Although i do think the habs will have to inject some scoring if they want to make the playoffs. It could be young players coming back if it was true. Maybe Comrie or Those eluxive iginla rumours. Goonie goo goo
Perhaps he should ask the Sasquatch to come and play for us? I heard he have great hand, really soft for is size...

Old
11-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Canadienne

If we trade Hossa and Ryder for Comrie, I will lose all faith in Bob Gainey!
Comrie is definitely not what this team needs! Another spoiled smurf with an over-sized ego and salary to match! No thanks!

If it's for Brendan Morrow, well, that's a different kettle of fish! If it's for anybody less than Morrow, forget about it!

I really wouldn't like to see either of them traded - and I would really like to see them both get to play - hockey not human yo-yos!

Old
11-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
I think it is just a rumor, but if they were to be traded I would not be surprised to se them go to Edmonton for Comrie.
I would absolutely despise such a trade. 5'10" center, when we aleady have Koivu, Perreault and Ribeiro, for two big young guys who both have 25 goal upside, are good in the corners and have been steadily improving, even though they're probably both at minimum a year removed from a real successful season.

Now Morrow, that would be a different story though. Still, I don't want to see them go, especially Ryder.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:20 PM
tipping point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Not at liberty to state that???????

Are you like the Montreal Canadien's Assistant GM or something??????
Is it classified information????????

Listen, if he doesn't want to say then he doesn't. It's not the end of the world. If someone in the loop (a "source") told me something and asked that i don't say where i got it from i certainly wouldn't come here and tell eveyone that such person gave me such info. What you can do is either :

a) believe him
b) don't believe him

Wait and tell yourself that whenever Dynasty reports a trade that might happen you can trust him or not.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:25 PM
Guy Caballero

I'd trade either straight up for Morrow without batting an eyelash, but both? That could burn us.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipping point
Listen, if he doesn't want to say then he doesn't. It's not the end of the world. If someone in the loop (a "source") told me something and asked that i don't say where i got it from i certainly wouldn't come here and tell eveyone that such person gave me such info. What you can do is either :

a) believe him
b) don't believe him

Wait and tell yourself that whenever Dynasty reports a trade that might happen you can trust him or not.
Thanks for your reply and support!!!...Like I said before I don't know if it's true or false...That's all I'm trying to do here - get to the bottom of this rumour.

Old
11-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Wildcat

Dynasty, can you give us a little more background on who the original source is (i.e. does he have a position with an NHL organization or the NHL, relative of someone aforementioned, member of the media – or worse, member of the Montreal media, etc…)

The Ottawa Sun is reporting that Phoenix is willing to trade Sean Burke and Chris Gratton to anyone who’ll pick up their salaries. Although Gratton is the proto-typical big center the Habs have been interested in for a while, I’d rather not trade Ryder and Hossa for a deal with him included.

Old
11-17-2003, 01:34 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
I"m with wildcat.
If you could give a little background info on the person without giving away his name or if he's affiliated with a team or something, that would help out a lot to this rumors credibility.
Personally, I don't think this rumor is true, because Gainey, who stated that he was going with the youth, trading away two of the youngin's just wouldn't seem to go with what he's said.

Old
11-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Do you guys have the same Idea than me??? Carbo accept the job In Dallas because Is daughter was married with Brendan Morrow and he wants to live with Is familly,but If Morrow come to Montreal Carbo daughter will also come to Montreal,so maybe In a couple of years we could see Carbo back In Montreal,Isn't It FANTASTIC

Old
11-17-2003, 02:26 PM
RE-HABS

Dynasty has the right to keep his source secret, does Bob McKenzie reveal his sources? No, he says he has info from a league source or insider, that's all. Leave Dynasty alone, at least it he was nice enough to share it with us...it has everyone here talking!

Not all sources are reliable, and not all trade talk takes place. But this is the NHL and the way Ryder has started and from his play from last year I'm sure Montreal has had calls on him, and Hossa as well. I like Ryder (always have), but if BG can get a good player in return and the deal involves Ryder and not Higgins or say another high end prospect like Komisarek, Perez, Katys and so on we should still feel very good about the future shouldn't we? We are that deep. We have good older vets and young prospects, but we lack the middle depth other than Zed, Bulis and Markov.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Wildcat

Quote:
Dynasty has the right to keep his source secret, does Bob McKenzie reveal his sources? No, he says he has info from a league source or insider, that's all. Leave Dynasty alone, at least it he was nice enough to share it with us...it has everyone here talking!
Whenever McKenzie talks about a rumor he adds “team source” or “league source” so by Dynasty doing the same wouldn’t reveal any secrets. I’m guessing Dynasty knows the team and players involved and is withholding it, which is fine, but to shed a little more light on the rumor without revealing whose involved, I’d like to know more about the legitimacy of the source.

I’m keeping an open mind on this and like Dynasty said it’s up to you to believe it or not.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:11 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipping point

a) believe him
b) don't believe him

I pick B) = ********!

Old
11-17-2003, 04:11 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat
The Ottawa Sun is reporting that Phoenix is willing to trade Sean Burke and Chris Gratton to anyone who’ll pick up their salaries. Although Gratton is the proto-typical big center the Habs have been interested in for a while, I’d rather not trade Ryder and Hossa for a deal with him included.
How much does Gratton make? What about Perreault?

Closed Thread