HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa and Ryder Being Traded?

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 04:28 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
This same rumour is being posted on alt.sports.hockey.nhl.mtl-canadiens
The player mentioned is Iginla. I love Ryder but Iginla is a 40 goal guy surrounded by scrubs. He's stuggling right now, but a change of scenery would do wonders for him.

Having said that, I don't believe this deal is anything but a rumour.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:28 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
How much does Gratton make? What about Perreault?
Perreault - $2,800,000
Gratton - $2,200,000

Similar salaries, but I think the swap doesn't work for either team. At least next season we would lose that salary when Yannick becomes a UFA, I don't want to be stuck with a guaranteed salary if Gratton is still under contract. Plus Gratton is a waste of another big body who never lived up to their talent...see Kilger if you need to see another example.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat
Whenever McKenzie talks about a rumor he adds “team source” or “league source” so by Dynasty doing the same wouldn’t reveal any secrets. I’m guessing Dynasty knows the team and players involved and is withholding it, which is fine, but to shed a little more light on the rumor without revealing whose involved, I’d like to know more about the legitimacy of the source.

I’m keeping an open mind on this and like Dynasty said it’s up to you to believe it or not.
Okay then, let's just say that source(s) comes from connection(s) to team...and that's it folks, no more!

Old
11-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Perreault - $2,800,000
Gratton - $2,200,000

Similar salaries, but I think the swap doesn't work for either team. At least next season we would lose that salary when Yannick becomes a UFA, I don't want to be stuck with a guaranteed salary if Gratton is still under contract. Plus Gratton is a waste of another big body who never lived up to their talent...see Kilger if you need to see another example.
No, I'm not saying Gratton is the answer. But I don't think he's the underachiever Killger has been. Gratton has had 30, 20 and 19 goal seasons (I know, not lately though... ). He's only about 28 years old, he is strong on faceoffs, (2nd to Yannick last year), strong defensively, is a big body who will take the punishment in front of the opponents net, and will fight. Having said that, there must be a reason he has been traded so often. I'm not sold on him.........more curious than anything else.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
This same rumour is being posted on alt.sports.hockey.nhl.mtl-canadiens
The player mentioned is Iginla. I love Ryder but Iginla is a 40 goal guy surrounded by scrubs. He's stuggling right now, but a change of scenery would do wonders for him.

Having said that, I don't believe this deal is anything but a rumour.
So, I'm not the only one who's heard it!!

Old
11-17-2003, 05:06 PM
HABitual

Now that the Oilers signed Adam Oates, maybe there's a deal in the works between Montreal and Edmonton!!!

Old
11-17-2003, 05:55 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual
Now that the Oilers signed Adam Oates, maybe there's a deal in the works between Montreal and Edmonton!!!
Now that the Oilers have signed Oates a deal for Comrie will be later than sooner, the Oilers hold the right cards here not Comrie or anyone out there that wants him. Signing Oates helps Lowe bide time and not rush into any deals, it also let's him (Lowe) get a little more in a trade because with Oates in Edmonton it shows they have added depth and skill at the centre position and they don't look desperate.

With Ottawa losing again tonight and Muckler threating to make some changes don't be surprised to see something significant happen there...maybe a Comrie for Havlat?

Old
11-17-2003, 06:05 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
So, I'm not the only one who's heard it!!
i went to the site and , that is what there is question about ;

I was speaking to Michael Ryder' friend today and the word from the Ryder
family is that he will be traded along with Hossa to Calgary for Iglina as
part of a salary dump by the Flames.
some one else added ;

Anyone know how this man (Daniel Ryder....Micheal's brother) is doing with
the Petes?

ok for me , something is already wrong with that , because the management never tell to a player that he's going to be trade , 2-3 days before the deal is done, and even less give informations of any kind about witch team or witch player is part of the deal (s ) .

that doesen't make any sens ...

Old
11-17-2003, 06:15 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
ok for me , something is already wrong with that , because the management never tell to a player that he's going to be trade , 2-3 days before the deal is done, and even less give informations of any kind about witch team or witch player is part of the deal (s ) .

that doesen't make any sens ...

Probably because it's not true. Still it's fun to speculate and what not.

Old
11-17-2003, 06:16 PM
CHareth

Quote:
I want to stress that this is just a rumour, but I heard over the weekend that both Hossa and Ryder were going to be traded to the same team...I don't want to give too many details at this point but I will add that the trade is with a team out West. The source of the rumour given to me is a very good source, although I don't want to jump to any conclusions as I haven't spoken to the source myself...I'm just curious if anybody else have heard similar rumblings or can shed some more light on the situation.
Just curious - do the rules that apply to posting rumors (i.e., using the word "rumor" in the title of the thread and supplying a credible link) only apply if it is in the Trades/Rumors/Proposals forum? Likewise, I thought I read once that anyone claiming to have this kind of inside "source" is supposed to report it to a moderator first so that it can be verified before being posted. Is that not applicable in this forum either?

Old
11-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
I was speaking to Michael Ryder' friend today and the word from the Ryder
family is that he will be traded along with Hossa to Calgary for Iglina as
part of a salary dump by the Flames.
1- That would be sweet.
2- That will never happen unless Sutter loses his mind. I like Hossa and Ryder a lot, but it would be a no brainer if this is all Iginla would cost the team. Still, I don't see it as possible.

Old
11-17-2003, 06:48 PM
RE-HABS

What player has ever been told your being traded and this is who for, by the way it hasn't gone through yet so be patient? BS!

Ryder was interviewed on Sportnet tonight and he has said he isn't playing as well as he can and watching from the press box is only going to help him get get back to his style of game and back on to the ice, he see's it as a positive being benched not a negative like some vet's would. I love his attitude, he never gives up and always see's the positive side of things. He is a keeper.

And to answer your question mark0v, his brother is doing good with the Petes.

Daniel Ryder 18 5 4 9 6

Old
11-17-2003, 08:33 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl05
ReHabs, that's more like it. Ryder started the season well, but wasn't producing recently. I must say, his attitude is far more mature than some vets like you said. Czercawski was a baby and so was Audette last year when they were benched and sent to Hamilton. Ryder is a class act and already has a huge following from Eastern Canada. Give him time and he'll be where he wants to be and where our Habs want him to be.

I read this article at faceoffmagazine.com about a month ago about the fans he has out East. I think the Habs have a bunch of new Habs fans thanks to Michael Ryder.
i am a little bit tired to read all that **** about Audette .Saying that he have problems to score ;ok . Saying that he won't be able to produce as some years ago .ok .But f--k ! don't accuse him for stupid things that never happened...the guy never cried , as you said, when they sent him to the farm team ...as the last game , i read that once again he was not visible of the game exepted for his goal.That was absolutly false ; he has a good game and got 4 of the 13 shoots of the team ! but no one noticed that ....

let him alone !

Old
11-17-2003, 08:53 PM
CHareth

Quote:
i am a little bit tired to read all that **** about Audette .Saying that he have problems to score ;ok . Saying that he won't be able to produce as some years ago .ok .But f--k ! don't accuse him for stupid things that never happened...the guy never cried , as you said, when they sent him to the farm team ...as the last game , i read that once again he was not visible of the game exepted for his goal.That was absolutly false ; he has a good game and got 4 of the 13 shoots of the team ! but no one noticed that ....

let him alone !
I am definitely not an Audette fan, but I don't ever recall him crying either when he was benched and sent to Hamilton (ditto Chow). I really don't mind if someone corrects me on this and I am made to eat crow, however, as the corroborating evidence will just give me more reason to dislike them.

BTW, love the avatar mark0v.

Old
11-18-2003, 02:26 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBASER
value wise, i think it is a fair deal, but the team as a whole needs to get tougher. while morrow would help in this area, losing ryder hurts. if the deal can be changed to something like hossa and pleckanek/balej/2nd rounder, i'd be happy.

my thoughts exactly

Old
11-18-2003, 03:53 AM
Darz

Quote:
Dynasty has the right to keep his source secret, does Bob McKenzie reveal his sources? No, he says he has info from a league source or insider, that's all. Leave Dynasty alone, at least it he was nice enough to share it with us...it has everyone here talking!
Good call RE-HABS!!!

Who really cares who his source is. 99.99% of trade rumors never happen regardless of wether they are reported by Bob McKenzie or Dynasty, or my brothers dog, but they do make for good conversation, and isn't that why we all come here.

Personally I don't see a Hossa/Ryder trade happening because unless BG gets a great return for the two trading them is a mistake and on the flip side, neither of them have proven enough yet to be consider the kind of bounty it takes to pry away Iginla types.

Old
11-18-2003, 04:42 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Good call RE-HABS!!!

Who really cares who his source is. 99.99% of trade rumors never happen regardless of wether they are reported by Bob McKenzie or Dynasty, or my brothers dog, but they do make for good conversation, and isn't that why we all come here.

Personally I don't see a Hossa/Ryder trade happening because unless BG gets a great return for the two trading them is a mistake and on the flip side, neither of them have proven enough yet to be consider the kind of bounty it takes to pry away Iginla types.
These were basically my same thoughts when I heard the rumour...It didn't make any sense!... Even so, I didn't want to see Ryder or Hossa being traded and as we know (at least some times) where there's smoke there's fire...Therefore, I posted it on here to get input that would hopefully ease my concerns. But as you know by now, there's always a few eager to jump all over somebody. On the one hand I find the latter reponses sad, but on the other hand I find it quite humorous how some people can completely misconstrue things...Oh well, it takes all kinds I guess!

Old
11-18-2003, 04:53 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
These were basically my same thoughts when I heard the rumour...It didn't make any sense!... Even so, I didn't want to see Ryder or Hossa being traded and as we know (at least some times) where there's smoke there's fire...Therefore, I posted it on here to get input that would hopefully ease my concerns. But as you know by now, there's always a few eager to jump all over somebody. On the one hand I find the latter reponses sad, but on the other hand I find it quite humorous how some people can completely misconstrue things...Oh well, it takes all kinds I guess!
Either it is reliable or it is not. And if it is reliable what makes you think people over here will know more than your "reliable" source. Admit it... you pulled this out of your rear end and wanted to generate some discussion.

Old
11-18-2003, 05:14 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
What player has ever been told your being traded and this is who for, by the way it hasn't gone through yet so be patient? BS!

Ryder was interviewed on Sportnet tonight and he has said he isn't playing as well as he can and watching from the press box is only going to help him get get back to his style of game and back on to the ice, he see's it as a positive being benched not a negative like some vet's would. I love his attitude, he never gives up and always see's the positive side of things. He is a keeper.

And to answer your question mark0v, his brother is doing good with the Petes.

Daniel Ryder 18 5 4 9 6

The rumour may very well turn out to be "BS" as you say, but I can assure you that I did not fabricate it, just reported what I heard.

Old
11-18-2003, 05:24 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Guys, don't go believing such drivel. This source that he has is probably his little sister. Come on, he's "...not at liberty to say". That's BS right there. Unless Bob Gainey told this character on here that a trade may happen there is no reliable soure enough to convince any of us. End of story. This guy is looking for attention without question. BS.

Hey, I can make up a rumour too. Get this...Everytime Julien benches a player they will be rumoured to be traded. I can't say who told me, but it's a reliable source.

Honestly, buddy get off this board if you're going to talk smack.
Man your funny. Get over it... If you dont want to beleive it, then don't. But dont go insulting people for nothing. Your taking this way to seriously. You need to go take a coffee or beer and calm down. I did make for an interesting conversation. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread anyway.

Old
11-18-2003, 05:35 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
Man your funny. Get over it... If you dont want to beleive it, then don't. But dont go insulting people for nothing. Your taking this way to seriously. You need to go take a coffee or beer and calm down. I did make for an interesting conversation. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread anyway.
My thoughts exactly...

Old
11-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Bob Bastards

OK now I think its going a little personal here... Please let this thread die or at least be a little more friendly.

General concensus:

-Bob is not a moron (the Gainey one, not me... not that I am a moron but...).
-Posting a rumor, without telling who is your source, is the best way to start a flame war...
-We want to keep our player if we don't get the right return.

Let it die in peace please...

Old
11-18-2003, 09:57 AM
SHUDO

Quote:
Instead of playing devil's advocate and making lame posts just to start taking sides against another poster there are plenty of other posters onn this thread who have said the samethings I have about this rumour. If you don't have anything constructive to say I suggest you get off this thread and any other thread you choose to follow me on.
Have you ever consider taking anger management? I really think you can get over this problem you have. Is it something in your past that causes such anger, how was your relationship with your father. Open up and let it all out, then you'll feel better.

How was that for constructive

Old
11-18-2003, 10:10 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Look pally, on the contrary, if you didn't liek my post then perhaps you shoudl take your own advice. As far as my opinion goes, there are many others on this thread who will agree with it. You don't have to. That's your right, but to start telling me "I need to take a coffee and have a beer" and shouting insults yourself is uncalled for. I, for one, cannot stand it when people make things up or start rumours. The hockey world has no respect for it. Heck ask Brian Burke what he thinks of unfounded rumours. It's ridiculous and I have no respect for the likes of people who start pulling things out of their rears for conversation sake as someone else on this board mentioned.
Could you please point out what insult I shouted at you?

Old
11-18-2003, 11:39 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I don't care who the source is, but do you know the name(s) of the players, or the team that is involved, you can give us that.

Closed Thread