HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Bertuzzi Disses Crawford

Old
09-11-2006, 03:16 PM
AnThGrt

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Doesn't Thornton still fight here and there?

AnThGrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Well, I guess Scott Thornton can handle those duties more so than Avery. But what makes matters even more complicated is that the Kings still have Cowan under contract.

Parros is still young and could develop to be a better player. He actually did a good job (least in my eyes) playing with Luc and Armstrong and would actually try to cycle the puck and create plays and even made some nifty passes here and there. If only he can get that balance down...

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Thornton had 6 fighting majors in 71 games played or 1 out of about every 12 games played. Avery had 9 in 75, but I think we will see a different Sean Avery this season so I expect less fights and less penalties. Parros, on the other hand, had 18 fights in 55 games played so he was definetely dropping the dogs any chance he could. The question is if Parros takes a spot on the 4th line who gets the axe?

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Well, I guess Scott Thornton can handle those duties more so than Avery. But what makes matters even more complicated is that the Kings still have Cowan under contract.

Parros is still young and could develop to be a better player. He actually did a good job (least in my eyes) playing with Luc and Armstrong and would actually try to cycle the puck and create plays and even made some nifty passes here and there. If only he can get that balance down...
Before Frolov-Conroy-Demitra clicked, our best line was Luc-Armstrong-Parros.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Thornton had 6 fighting majors in 71 games played or 1 out of about every 12 games played. Avery had 9 in 75, but I think we will see a different Sean Avery this season so I expect less fights and less penalties. Parros, on the other hand, had 18 fights in 55 games played so he was definetely dropping the dogs any chance he could. The question is if Parros takes a spot on the 4th line who gets the axe?
IF Kopitar makes the team, I would guess that Parros will return to Manchester (seeing how he is on a two-way deal). BUT, he may not be exempt from waivers, so the Kings may just attempt to waive Jeff Cowan and his $532,000. Parros is earning the league minimum and is younger. Here is the list of forwards who I think will be competing for a roster spot on opening night...

Cammalleri
Frolov
Conroy
O'Sullivan
Kopitar
Brown
McCauley
Willsie
Avery
Belanger
Thornton
Kostopoulos
Cowan
Armstrong
Parros

Old
09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Parros, Cowan and Kostopulous seem to be the odd men out. Cowan was a huge dissapointment last season and may be a casualty of the new rules. I would rather have Kopitar playing and Parros a healthy scratch based on the matchup.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Yeah looks to me Cowan would be the odd man out. It is puzzling to me why he was retained. Oh well.

You figure they'd have 14 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goaltenders for the 23-man roster.

Old
09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
sticknrink

Quote:
How professional; a player laying the blame on others and not taking any responsibility to any of last seasons problems (which he was one of).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
That's Bertuzzi for you. I personally like how he discussed how Crawford wanted to change the teams' style of play to that of Minnesota's and Bertuzzi refused to change in order to help the team. It's shocking that Bertuzzi actually feels that this type of attitude is acceptable of an NHL player. From that article he just came off as arogant and self centered. I held Crawford to blame for a lot of what happened last season, but now, it appears he just did what he could.
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...75&k=36588&p=1
"In fairness to him, we did struggle but one of the things that bothers me most about leaving Vancouver is the fact we [he, Markus Naslund and Brendan Morrison] weren't together as a line at the end. Here we were ridden like horses for the better part of four years, two or three of them for sure, and when it gets down to it and the pressure is on, we're on the side burner when we knew we could still get the job done."

""But having said that, on balance of all my time in Vancouver, I still think he's probably the best coach I ever played for. A lot of the talk about tension between us was overblown, a media thing.
"We had some issues but that doesn't mean he's a bad coach and I certainly don't want to leave here being the guy calling him down. At New Year's [2005-06] five or six of us guys sat down with him for a handful of beers and we had a good talk and he even picked up the tab and the communication lines were open. But I'm not going to lie to you and say everything was fine."

Seriously guys ...

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 06:16 PM
levacktrash

I can't wait until Lombardi and Crawford clash. It will be a lot more fun than Avery and Hardy.

levacktrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by levacktrash View Post
I can't wait until Lombardi and Crawford clash. It will be a lot more fun than Avery and Hardy.
And why exactly is that going to happen? I swear it's like getting your teeth pulled everytime you post.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by levacktrash View Post
Right, because Lombardi has a history of clashing with his coaches and Crawford with management...

Where do you come up with this garbage? Does anyone have some troll pesticide handy?

Old
09-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Right, because Lombardi has a history of clashing with his coaches and Crawford with management...

Where do you come up with this garbage? Does anyone have some troll pesticide handy?
Crawford's split with Lacroix was rather ugly.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Didn't Crawford decide to step down from his post after the Avs lost in the 1st round?

Old
09-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Didn't Crawford decide to step down from his post after the Avs lost in the 1st round?
Lacroiux was less than enthusisastic in his endorsment of Crawford so it became a "you can't fire me I quit!" situation. Of course Crawford resigning meant the Avs were entitled to compensation when the Nucks hired him.

The affair left Crawford embittered towards Lacroix and Colorado in general. He nursed the grudge for his tenure in Vancouver.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote