HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Never forget 9-11-01

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2006, 01:32 AM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Never forget 9-11-01

On the anniversary let's not forget all of the heroes from the passed five years. Freedom isn't always free.

Old
09-11-2006, 01:39 AM
NYR2

I love this picture, thought I'd share it.

Old
09-11-2006, 01:40 AM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
On the anniversary let's not forget all of the heroes from the passed five years. Freedom isn't always free.
Yup, as a Canadian I can tell you that we all felt terribly sorry for all Americans and all peoples around the world for this great crime against humanity. Keep up your spirits and realize that we all have a chance to build a better tommorow not just for ourselves but for all peoples. Cheers.

Old
09-11-2006, 01:43 AM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Amen.

Old
09-11-2006, 01:47 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
I was in New York soon after 9-11, and I'll never forget the scenes, the smells, the aftermath of that terrible day.

But what I remember most clearly is the spirit and determination of everyone there. I love New York even more after that fateful day.

You'll Never Walk Alone

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm

There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

Old
09-11-2006, 01:52 AM
Poochie_D

RIP all who died on that horrible day. I'll pray for all your family and friends.

Old
09-11-2006, 03:43 AM
dank

I cannot believe it has been five years.. It was all too surreal from up close..

Old
09-11-2006, 04:20 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

never forget ppl, never forget.

Old
09-11-2006, 05:56 AM
eco's bones

I don't know how anyone could forget unless they've died in the meantime. Unfortunately there is never going to be any closure on this until those really responsible for the attack are brought to some kind of justice and that doesn't look like it's happening any time soon.

Old
09-11-2006, 06:19 AM
KRM

I'll never forgett that day when I just had gotten home from school. I was watching TV and all the sudden a text rolled at the top of the screen -"Soon extra news regarding the plane crash on Manhattan", I switched the station to CNN (or SkyNews), after about 2-3 minutes another plane came flying

Old
09-11-2006, 06:46 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

I remember that day every day.Like it was yesterday.My office was located at Water/Front and Wall.Didn't hear the first plane hit tower 1.Sat near the window.Noticed papers flying around and wondering *** is going on.A few minutes later,CNBC had the shot of Tower 1 on fire with a big hole in it.When the second plane hit Tower 2,our building even shook.We felt the blast and then saw it on TV less than a second later.Was on Maiden Lane/Water when tower 2 collapsed.One of my co-workers was telling me that building is coming down(and we better leave right away)and it did 30 seconds later.Was on the Manhattan Bridge when tower 1 collapsed.Witnessing the deaths of nearly 3,000 gives you a new perspective on life

Old
09-11-2006, 06:55 AM
edd1e

It was indeed sad day.. Terrible tragedy
I'll always remember where exactly i was when i heard those sad news. Even though i live almost at the other side of globe it still was so hard to believe something like this could happen. I cant even imagine how it felt to people living in New York and to those who lost someone close in that attack.

Old
09-11-2006, 06:56 AM
TorontoSports

I can't imagine how it would have felt to see all that stuff live. R.I.P to everyone that died that morning.

Old
09-11-2006, 07:50 AM
RangersFan88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
I'll never forgett that day when I just had gotten home from school. I was watching TV and all the sudden a text rolled at the top of the screen -"Soon extra news regarding the plane crash on Manhattan", I switched the station to CNN (or SkyNews), after about 2-3 minutes another plane came flying
that's like exact the same way i saw all this .... i saw the 2nd plane ... it was just shocking i was too young to understand i think

a day that will never be forgotten
god bless NY for beeing that strong afterwards

Old
09-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
To all my fellow NYPD family, and all military, volunteers, fdny, and everyone else be safe.

Old
09-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Fletch

It is tough to forget...

my neighborhood lost a lot of people - not just the 8 firefighters we lost around the corner, but so many families lost others, including several of my neighbors. And I'm reminded of it every day - from my street corner being named after a firefighter, or the bench at my favorite bar (the Gate) being built by a fireman who lost his life and it being dedicated to him (of course, my first day getting a drink after September 11 was there and I had to sit in that sit, right before I went outside and stared at a plume of smoke). And everyday I walk my dog and see pictures in people's windows of those they lost (inlcuding in the war). Can't get away from it - and there's no reason too. But 9/11/06 is a meaningless day to me, since I'm reminded of 9/11/01 everyday.

Old
09-11-2006, 08:11 AM
True Blue

It's impossible to forget

Especially for those of us who are from the area. No matter what, I will never forget the streets of the City on that day. I am reminded of that day virtually every day.

Old
09-11-2006, 08:30 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

9-11 was a turning point for me. Five years later I am here in Iraq, and it has nothing to do with vengence. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, and all of us growing up looked up to the towers as a symbol of just how great NYC is. If I could pass that on to just one Iraqi, then I have done my job.

As messed up as it sounds, the aftermath of 9-11 represented a lot of things that make America great. Yeah, a lot of americans don't fly the flag anymore, and treat 9-1-1 as just another set of numbers. But for that brief period, we all felt unified. and I tell you what, I liked it. I have always been a proud american, and it didn't take 3000 dead for me to love my country, as it did for a lot of people. But as a New Yorker I am proud to say that it is without a doubt the greatest city in the world, and I will always honor those who helped make it what it is. and cherish every waking minute I spend there.

Long Live New York City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
09-11-2006, 08:44 AM
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru

anyone seen the movie "United 93"

If you haven't, then I recommend you do.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475276/

Last edited by DayWalk3r: 09-11-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Old
09-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Davisian

I rememebr the roll call here..

HF provided some small relief of the insanity of the day. Phones down and the internet was allw e had to communicate to those outside the city..

Old
09-11-2006, 09:44 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian View Post
I rememebr the roll call here..

HF provided some small relief of the insanity of the day. Phones down and the internet was allw e had to communicate to those outside the city..
True enough. The thing that I remember the most is how helpfull people were. I made my way down to the ferry and essentially met people whom I have never seen before. And then one by one (once we made it to NJ), the group traveled and kept dropping people off at their respective vehicles.

The scene that will always stand out is when I looked back to Manhattan when I was on the ferry. The smoke cover was surreal. It was like a scene out of some sci-fi movie.

As for the movies, while I am sure that their respective directors did them justice, I will not be watching. I know how the story ends. I recall that day vividly enough. I have no need to see it played out in a movie.

Old
09-11-2006, 09:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
As for the movies, while I am sure that their respective directors did them justice, I will not be watching. I know how the story ends. I recall that day vividly enough. I have no need to see it played out in a movie.
I completely agree. That's the way I feel. I have my own story from 9/11. I don't need to relive through a film.

09-11-2006, 09:53 AM
David Puddy

A few days after the terrorist attacks, the Rangers and Devils played a pre-season game at MSG. The players of the respective teams lined up together for "The Star-Spangled Banner," alternating players by team instead of two seperate lines. There was a great photo of it on a German-based, Rangers fansite. But I have since been on able to find it, and I lost the copy that I had saved. Does anyone know of a site hosting the picture? It was a poignant moment.

A horrid attack against America, against freedom, reminds one of things more important than sports. The act of the teams standing together shows that a great rivalry need not contain hatred.

I will never forget September 11, 2001. It will echo in my mind for my lifetime like December 7, 1941 did for the World War II generation.

Also, thank you for your service DarrenTurcotte8. It is a noble mission. Be safe, and good luck to your hockey team this coming season.

Old
09-11-2006, 10:36 AM
in the hall

its been 5 years already, hard to believe

i too remember it like it was yesterday.. i was in high school, we had just sat down and our teacher told us that a plane hit one of the buildings, we spent the rest of the day watching it on TV and some kids left to call and see if they can reach relatives that may have been in the area

i remember seeing a huge cloud of smoke from my school and i am 8 miles away from WTC, then walking home and hearing nothing but what sounded like a fighter jet in the distance.. at home seeing more of it on tv, i can remember how i felt so well just while i type this and i get chills even thinking about it

RIP to those lost and God Bless

Old
09-11-2006, 10:49 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I'll never forget where I was...

Not too long ago that year in August, me and my family just got done spending a year inside of a couped up apartment waiting for our new house out in the middle of nowhere - Manorville, to be exact - to be finished. We moved in, and school started later on the week before the 9/11 attack. I really didn't know anyone still, because all of the people from my area were grades below me, and they were still in the middle school. All of a sudden, the principal came on over the pa speaker, and said something about an attack on the world trade center and the twin towers. Everyone went to this INCREDIBLY SMALL room which was a faculty room for the phys ed. staff and sports coaches. There was this one 20 inch tv everyone was trying to see, and I was working my way through people left and right just to see what's going on. Little did I know that I'd never want to see something as disgusting as that ever again. I was scared for my life, because I didn't know if they would head for the power plant here on the Island, coming with jet fighters, and bombing everything and everyone in sight. I wanted nothing but to go home. The only upside through it all is that I met some pretty good friends that I still talk to, and that only goes to show how tragedies bond people, and the bonds developed through those strategies are stronger than almost anything out there.

Edit:

To all who lost a loved one or a friend or anyone worth anything to them in their lives, my condolences. They all live on in memory, and spirit. RIP.

Last edited by CM Lundqvist: 09-11-2006 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Bottom
Closed Thread