HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Klemm gone, Robidas in...

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 08:24 AM
Calgary_Moe

vCash: 500
Klemm gone, Robidas in...

You guys got a solid young guy with plenty of potential. Robidas has been stuck in a roadblock of players in Montreal and Dallas. I've seen him play a number of times and boy, he doesn't waste time and he's decent in his own zone. You guys should be bouncing that Karpotsev guy and play Stephane in Klemm's vacancy. You won't be disappointed - mark my words!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1663567

Old
11-17-2003, 11:30 AM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary_Moe
You guys got a solid young guy with plenty of potential. Robidas has been stuck in a roadblock of players in Montreal and Dallas. I've seen him play a number of times and boy, he doesn't waste time and he's decent in his own zone. You guys should be bouncing that Karpotsev guy and play Stephane in Klemm's vacancy. You won't be disappointed - mark my words!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1663567
Sounds good. I hear the Hawks got a 4th rounder to boot. They had Dallas where they wanted them in that trade IMO. Dallas is desparate to fill the defensive gap left by Sydor and Hatcher leaving. Klemm won't solve all problems, but he is a start.

I havent heard much on Robidas, but I like your enthusiasm.

Old
11-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Stuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
Sounds good. I hear the Hawks got a 4th rounder to boot. They had Dallas where they wanted them in that trade IMO. Dallas is desparate to fill the defensive gap left by Sydor and Hatcher leaving. Klemm won't solve all problems, but he is a start.

I havent heard much on Robidas, but I like your enthusiasm.
Hawks got a 2nd rounder! A huge steal IMO. Klemm was gone at years end anyway. Solid trade. Shocking to see as a Hawks fans. Usually we get fleeced not the other way around.

11-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Teemu

Good trade for Dallas, too. Klemm needed a new scenery, one which he could actually win a few games. I think he'll do very well in Dallas, where the focus is not on him.

Old
11-17-2003, 08:23 PM
TomHBlain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirtzsucks
Hawks got a 2nd rounder! A huge steal IMO. Klemm was gone at years end anyway. Solid trade. Shocking to see as a Hawks fans. Usually we get fleeced not the other way around.
Awesome. Maybe with that 2nd rounder the Hawks will select Adam Munro when he re-enters . Sorry thats not funny.

A 2nd round pick and a guy that likes to hit is a SOLID, SOLID pick up for Klemm. I just wonder how good the defense will be without him in front of the net. Right now it seems the Hawks don't have too many dependable stay-at-home guys. Hopefully this doesn't mean exploding goals against totals. Remember, the reason Dallas wants Klemm is to help patch up the loss of Hatcher and Sydor. Look what happens with those two gone: A strong defensive team starts to show some weaknesses.

I am not going out on a limb and saying Klemm is Derian Hatcher in front of the net, but who do the Hawks have on defense that can play "good solid defense"?

Maybe the guys that see more games than me can answer that.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:39 AM
Stuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
Awesome. Maybe with that 2nd rounder the Hawks will select Adam Munro when he re-enters . Sorry thats not funny.

A 2nd round pick and a guy that likes to hit is a SOLID, SOLID pick up for Klemm. I just wonder how good the defense will be without him in front of the net. Right now it seems the Hawks don't have too many dependable stay-at-home guys. Hopefully this doesn't mean exploding goals against totals. Remember, the reason Dallas wants Klemm is to help patch up the loss of Hatcher and Sydor. Look what happens with those two gone: A strong defensive team starts to show some weaknesses.

I am not going out on a limb and saying Klemm is Derian Hatcher in front of the net, but who do the Hawks have on defense that can play "good solid defense"?

Maybe the guys that see more games than me can answer that.
I think that guy Tom you are speaking of may be on his way to chicago via trade.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sp...intID=37943111

Old
11-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Darz

I think this trade will work out well for both teams. Robidas isn't going to ever be an all star, but he is a servicable damn that doesn't make alot of mistakes.

Old
11-18-2003, 02:46 PM
TomHBlain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirtzsucks
I think that guy Tom you are speaking of may be on his way to chicago via trade.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sp...intID=37943111
Parrish and Cairns/Hamrlik perhaps? That would be interesting. There are a ton of prospects the hawks could use to pull this trade and due to Parrish's overstuff contract+little recent results, the price might not be too steep.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Uber Coca

Robidas was pretty good when he had a Habs uniform, he is not the biggest but he has speed, average creativity and he does a good job in his own end. He was appreciated in Montreal because he was capable of throwing good hits against bigger opponent.
I think he will be fine in Chicago.

Closed Thread