HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brooks Orpik

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Jeff Goldblum

vCash: 500
Orpik could become the next Hatcher.

Or he could play his way into the the ECHL.

We can only have opinions of the future based upon the present. And no one person can say that anothers opinion is totally off base and wrong, because we won't know whether it is wrong until the future. So, if someone wants to think that Orpik could become a tough #1 D-Man, then don't tell them they're wrong. Show us an argument against it. Back it up. Same for those who think Orpik will be nothing more than an average defender. If you don't agree with it, don't just disagree, persuade.

Old
11-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Der Schweinehund

Seriously - I think we need to bring back Ian Moran and/or Mike Wilson to help shore up the gaps in our defense.

My offer...

Pens get Moran
Bruins get 2nd round pick and Ondrej Nemec.

Thoughts?

(PS - just trying to change the topic and cool things down here.)

Old
11-18-2003, 12:31 PM
look out for orpik

why would we want captrain icing back???? ... although bergevin has taken over nicely

Old
11-18-2003, 12:35 PM
iagreewithidiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
keep it friendly people. lets just go back to talking about orpik again.
Brooks Orpik doesnt find anything wrong with anything. Hes got a full time NHL job now. He just tries to have a good grasp on reality and knows he could be sent down again if he doesnt continue his solid play.

What makes him think he does? He does his best everday to be a little more modest and hopes not to get hurt. He cant allow his ego to get to big for a guy whos teams quality of play is so low.

Yeah his team stinks but he got over it already.

Brooks Orpik doesnt always let his teammates handle their own disagreements. And he wont change his opinion if you throw some 4 letter word his direction..he is more than capable of defending himself. He sees the need to jump into disagreements especially between Mario and others.

Hes not your "bro" so perhaps he will punch you in the face if you come over the boards talking BS.

No his real bro isnt a crybaby and Stefan Bergkvist was the last defenseman the Pens took in the 1st round before Orpik, he ended up def in one ear but he wasnt Orpiks bro either.

I'd say Bergkvist could have made it but I am not going to make big ego comments here like I know what could have been.
-I dont want to be overrating.
-I dont want to be negative.
-No I see things the way they are. With my 20/20 hindsight.

I'd say all we have here is opinions. Somebody saying that all the others are wrong because he "likes to think (he) has a good grasp on reality" is not being modest enough IMO.

Sorry guess I got off topic lets keep it friendly people. lets just go back to talking about Orpik again.

Old
11-18-2003, 02:36 PM
KungFuPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Schweinehund
Seriously - I think we need to bring back Ian Moran and/or Mike Wilson

(PS - just trying to change the topic and cool things down here.)
I'd say those two statements are mutually exclusive on these boards.

Nice effort though!

Old
11-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

I like to describe Brooks this way: there's not a team in the NHL that wouldn't be happy to have him in their lineup, especially given his age. He may not end up being as good as Adam Foote, but then, Adam Foote is IMO one of the three or four best defensemen in this league.

If he ends up one of the ten best instead of five best, he's still pretty damn impressive.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:31 PM
No Quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by londberg21
How good is this guy gonna be? I've heard him described as Rob Blake, without the big shot. Red Wing fan here (please don't hate me) so I've never seen the guy play. If possible, could you give a numbers projection, say, 3 years from now? G, A, +/-, PIM.....stuff like that. Will he be a top 4 defenseman? Thanks a lot, all the answers are greatly appreciated. Bear in mind I did scour the forum last night, and got some great info on he and a few other Pens prospects. I just figured a more direct approach would be what I needed. Thanks again!

Mark Tinordi, and in my opinion Tinordi was one of the best, and most feared stay at home Dmen in the league for about 10 years.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:55 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iagreewithidiots
Brooks Orpik doesnt find anything wrong with anything. Hes got a full time NHL job now. He just tries to have a good grasp on reality and knows he could be sent down again if he doesnt continue his solid play.

What makes him think he does? He does his best everday to be a little more modest and hopes not to get hurt. He cant allow his ego to get to big for a guy whos teams quality of play is so low.

Yeah his team stinks but he got over it already.

Brooks Orpik doesnt always let his teammates handle their own disagreements. And he wont change his opinion if you throw some 4 letter word his direction..he is more than capable of defending himself. He sees the need to jump into disagreements especially between Mario and others.

Hes not your "bro" so perhaps he will punch you in the face if you come over the boards talking BS.

No his real bro isnt a crybaby and Stefan Bergkvist was the last defenseman the Pens took in the 1st round before Orpik, he ended up def in one ear but he wasnt Orpiks bro either.

I'd say Bergkvist could have made it but I am not going to make big ego comments here like I know what could have been.
-I dont want to be overrating.
-I dont want to be negative.
-No I see things the way they are. With my 20/20 hindsight.

I'd say all we have here is opinions. Somebody saying that all the others are wrong because he "likes to think (he) has a good grasp on reality" is not being modest enough IMO.

Sorry guess I got off topic lets keep it friendly people. lets just go back to talking about Orpik again.

Dude that was classic....

Tinordi comparison was dead right....Orpik is going to be great for years in this league...A true # 2 Defensive dman

Old
11-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
He'll wear the C one day, i'm sure of it.
That would sure be nice, but does he have the leadership qualities? Don't be so sure of yourself, it opens yourself to criticism

Closed Thread