HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

nhl 2007 and nhl 2k7 demo

Old
09-08-2006, 09:41 PM
YEMELIN74

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
nhl 2007 and nhl 2k7 demo

has anyone played those demos.... they are both available on xbox live

i gotta say that nhl 2k7 is awsome but nhl 2007 you can only do a shootout but the graphics are really amaizing

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
the 2k7 one is pretty bad. the game is exactly the same as 2k6, which i thought was bad. 07's is great, but I wish you could play an entire game, or at least a period.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 11:02 PM
The n00b King ©*

yeah i played the demo tonight actually

the graphics are sweet and i really like how you have so much more control over the puck.

using only the sticks to move around is gonna take some time to get used to, but i really like the idea.

i agree that just the shoot outs kinda sucked...

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Biggsy

Im pumped for NHL 07 great graphics heard they have some sweet new additions tried 2k7 alot of better offseason things and other things but ea is alot better graphics and gameplay

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
EA has way better graphics but I'll definitely be buying 2K7. It's got great gameplay and I know people are complaining about it but why fix something that isn't broken. Can't wait till Tuesday to get it.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 07:05 AM
wedge

I saw that 2K7 will be around 20$ and 07 at 40$

I prefer 07 because the way we play the game is better with the great graphics. but 2K7 is cheaper by a fair margin

I'll probably go with EA, but I'm still not sure...

or maybe buy EA for my computer and 2K for my ps2

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 09:40 AM
YEMELIN74

we are talking about next gen games the price wont be 20$

Old
09-09-2006, 10:41 AM
justicex

Since the release of the 2K serie, 2K always been the best game on simulation side or on the reproduction of hockey feeling/strategies/things you can do on ice. While NHLxx have been the best on graphic and fireworks.

Still, I don't understand why ppl here buy NHL, since it's far less good on "hockey" side.

justicex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 11:56 AM
YEMELIN74

Quote:
Originally Posted by justicex View Post
Since the release of the 2K serie, 2K always been the best game on simulation side or on the reproduction of hockey feeling/strategies/things you can do on ice. While NHLxx have been the best on graphic and fireworks.

Still, I don't understand why ppl here buy NHL, since it's far less good on "hockey" side.
the problem with 2k7 is that its basicly the same stupid gameplay has 2k6.... has for nhl 2007 its going to be a completly new game.

i played the demo of 2k7 and i really love the camera they put ... but the goalie animations are still ugly and the same has 2k6, 2k5 etc....

Old
09-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:

Exactly. 2K7 might not look as nice and crisp, but I thought the purpose of buying a game is about the gameplay and once again 2K7 makes it happen. The graphics and sound might be better in EA's version but at least your getting realistic gameplay from 2K7.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay Farlo View Post
Exactly. 2K7 might not look as nice and crisp, but I thought the purpose of buying a game is about the gameplay and once again 2K7 makes it happen. The graphics and sound might be better in EA's version but at least your getting realistic gameplay from 2K7.
I really don't get how anyone can say the 2K series is good gameplay, apart from 2k3. I've played them all extensively... and they're all just... bad. EA, with the right slider settings, is much better.

Sure, maybe right out of the box, EA's realism is crap, but it takes 2 minutes to fix that up.

Old
09-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Pothier

Don't know what you mean when you say 2k is more realistic Tatay.

I'm going in on a breakaway and thinking like I would going on an actual breakaway. Never been able to do that in a video game.

Pothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay Farlo View Post
You cant make the claim that 2k7 has better gameplay at this point, because neither game has been released yet.

If your making this judgement on playing the demos, again you cant make that claim because the 07 is just a shootout, hardly any gameplay elements have been sampled in that style of play.

So that makes it imposible to compare these games, after they both come out and you have tried and played them a bit then come back on this thread and make those claims, but as far as I can tell your a 2k7 fanboy and are making your bias opinion known.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I really don't get how anyone can say the 2K series is good gameplay, apart from 2k3. I've played them all extensively... and they're all just... bad. EA, with the right slider settings, is much better.

Sure, maybe right out of the box, EA's realism is crap, but it takes 2 minutes to fix that up.
The 2k series are better. The player movement is more realistic than on EA, where you seem to be on an orbit when you turn.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2006, 10:31 PM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
The 2k series are better. The player movement is more realistic than on EA, where you seem to be on an orbit when you turn.
mmm not sure about that 4 of my friends bought 2k6 and I bought 06 and 4 of my friends couldn't finish their seasons bucause of some weird bugs happening at the end of the season.. as well as some weird bug in the franchises. They went to my appartment and they all said wow 06 is so much better in gameplay and graphics I'm going to buy 07. I've played a lot of both of the games and k6 pretty much sucked all the time , you don't feel like your in control of the player and the puck. 06 puck movement was absolutly amazing, the only drawback were the goalier IMHO. So my copy of 07 is preordered for 34$ bucks at ebgames. I guess it's 14$ more than the 2k7 but i'm sure 07 is goanna be better as it always been in the past.

Last edited by !nkubus: 09-10-2006 at 08:32 AM.
!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 03:44 AM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
i really like the nhl 07 feel how u can control the puck, itll take some getting used to, but im definatley getting it, nhl 2k7 is ok, but much like 2k6 but with different camera angles, and the most bothersome thing to me was the horrendous music constantly playin it the background....SOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying

MassiveHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 02:15 PM
The CUBE

I have to say that after having the opportunity to play both games for a full day (not the demos the actual games) NHL07 wins this one and by a fair margin.

2K7, is not a bad game. I mean it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want a game that will be more like an arcade game this is the game for you.

NHL07, is an excellent game. You might not have as many features in it but if you want realism and good flow. This is the game for you.

For the first time since I've been playing a hockey video game (NHL93 is where it all began) I can actually do what I'm thinking of in the game. I want to do a toe drag , I do it. One of the nicest additions (addition by subtraction) is the removal of the speed burst. Your player is as fast as he actually is. If you make a pass in the skates it will deflect away for mt he player. Honestly I could on and on but, If you are looking for more of an arcade game get 2K7 if you want realism and incredible gameplay NHL07.

P.S. One of my friends works for Xbox360 and he brought over NHL07 and 2K7 and we had a little tournament. That is how I got to play both games.

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 02:44 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
the 2k7 one is pretty bad. the game is exactly the same as 2k6, which i thought was bad. 07's is great, but I wish you could play an entire game, or at least a period.
I thought the 2k7 was pretty sweet, the camera and GFX are much better , I absolutely love the new camera, and the AI seems much much improved.

I think I'm gonna have to go with 07 this year, really tough call based on the demo's, but the new controls will be sweet so I think 07 takes it.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
I thought the 2k7 was pretty sweet, the camera and GFX are much better , I absolutely love the new camera, and the AI seems much much improved.

I think I'm gonna have to go with 07 this year, really tough call based on the demo's, but the new controls will be sweet so I think 07 takes it.
the camera was pretty neat, I'll admit to that.

Old
09-10-2006, 05:01 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CUBE View Post
2K7, is not a bad game. I mean it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want a game that will be more like an arcade game this is the game for you.

NHL07, is an excellent game. You might not have as many features in it but if you want realism and good flow. This is the game for you.

Honestly I could on and on but, If you are looking for more of an arcade game get 2K7 if you want realism and incredible gameplay NHL07.

Unless both games changed dramatically , I think you got it backwards.... EA series is always the arcady one. Has been since at least 5 years back. 2K series is the simulation one that people who like the real hockey usually buy. I'm sold on 2K, I've tried EA's version every year and they suck every year. 2K may have bugs but the gameplay is on another complete level. Not even close.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:07 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine View Post
Unless both games changed dramatically , I think you got it backwards.... EA series is always the arcady one. Has been since at least 5 years back. 2K series is the simulation one that people who like the real hockey usually buy. I'm sold on 2K, I've tried EA's version every year and they suck every year. 2K may have bugs but the gameplay is on another complete level. Not even close.
Actually you are the one who has it backwards.

For the Xbox 360 the gameplay has changed completely. EA has built a brand new engine from the ground up. If you would have read up on it or played it at all you would understand. I have played both full versions and EA's NHL07 is alot more realistic than the 2K7. If you don't beleive me, read up on it or play it. You also have to keep in mind I'm talking about the Xbox 360 version because on the other consoles (including PC) will be using the NHL06 engine.

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 05:09 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine View Post
NHL07 for the xbox360 has changed completly. Go read up on it there are mulitple threads or sites if you want to check it out.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 07:47 PM
justicex

Quote:

For the Xbox 360 the gameplay has changed completely. EA has built a brand new engine from the ground up. If you would have read up on it or played it at all you would understand. I have played both full versions and EA's NHL07 is alot more realistic than the 2K7. If you don't beleive me, read up on it or play it. You also have to keep in mind I'm talking about the Xbox 360 version because on the other consoles (including PC) will be using the NHL06 engine.
By more realistic, you mean, you can do 2 men on 1 on the board and freeze the player for many seconds, until a 4th player come do some checkings? And you mean you can do a pass or a "one timer" and the other player miss the puck? (random factor), or you can do a pass, set the height of the pass, so the other player have less chance to catch it. All the small things like that, that make 2K serie so great? If NHL07 can do all that and better, then yes, it might worth a tryout.

justicex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 07:56 PM
znk

Quote:
By more realistic, you mean, you can do 2 men on 1 on the board and freeze the player for many seconds, until a 4th player come do some checkings? And you mean you can do a pass or a "one timer" and the other player miss the puck? (random factor), or you can do a pass, set the height of the pass, so the other player have less chance to catch it. All the small things like that, that make 2K serie so great? If NHL07 can do all that and better, then yes, it might worth a tryout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjjHb...elated&search=
you can skip the first 45 seconds.
the main things I like about the new game are:Better/realistic physics(goalies have to physicaly cover the puck etc.. etc..), and Dual analog control(look at what you can do with that 2:30).

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2006, 08:32 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:

Well do you consider the gameplay better on 2006 than 2K6? Well me and about a million reviewers thought it was way better on the 2K6. Now if they did make 2007 a lot better... and I mean a lot better than it is possible that it has better gameplay now. I didnt try it. But if the 2 games are anywhere close to last year's versions, than 2007 can't possibly have better gameplay than 2K7.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote