HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garioch talks some trash about trading RC

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 07:59 AM
punchy1

vCash: 500
Garioch talks some trash about trading RC

This is very speculative. The first I have heard of it. Anyone?

"The continued presence of Curtis Joseph on the Red Wings roster is causing some edginess amongst the players, particularly in Dominik Hasek, who's apparently unhappy that CuJo hasn't been dealt yet. The LA Kings may have some interest in Joseph as they're unhappy with Roman Cechmanek.

Spector's Note: Cechmanek's play has been a tad inconsistent, but his stats are better than Joseph's this season, and I've yet to hear of the Kings"unhappiness" with Cechmanek in the LA media. The Kings won't take on Joseph's salary anyway so I don't know why Garrioch believes they'd be interested."

Should I have posted a link instead of the article? If so, let me know and I will fix it. Thank you moderators.

Old
11-17-2003, 08:59 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
That being said... in all honesty... how could the Kings be "happy" with Cechmanek's play so far. At BEST it could be considered average.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:00 AM
LuckyLUC20

Not going to happen. Dave Taylor would probably die of laughter if he heard about this rumor from Garrioch.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:15 AM
punchy1

I think that RC has been merely slightly better than average as yet too, but, to even begin to mention the Los Angeles Kings as a potential place for Joseph to land is simply nutty. RC looks a little better every game and as the Flier fans said at the time of the deal, he takes about 10 to 20 games to get his game together. It is getting close but I would say that he has been playing well enough. The trouble is that we tend to need some great goal tending instead of average in order to win. I wonder how he would look playing behind a team that was at full strength? I have a feeling that he would play even better.

Old
11-17-2003, 10:15 AM
guzmania

I believe that we are still in the learning curve time frame with Roman. Our guys gotta see how he plays and he has to see how they play. I'm a little disappointed as he obviously is, (I point to his reaction to goals scored aginst him). He could have a ~1.5 GAA if there was a little more concentration. He's at 2.35 GAA with a .908 S%. This team needs some 1.0 GAA or better right now. I kinda expect to see Huet on Wednesday. No matter how you slice it though, RC for a 2nd was a steal.

Old
11-17-2003, 10:24 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I think that RC has been merely slightly better than average as yet too, but, to even begin to mention the Los Angeles Kings as a potential place for Joseph to land is simply nutty. RC looks a little better every game and as the Flier fans said at the time of the deal, he takes about 10 to 20 games to get his game together. It is getting close but I would say that he has been playing well enough. The trouble is that we tend to need some great goal tending instead of average in order to win. I wonder how he would look playing behind a team that was at full strength? I have a feeling that he would play even better.
were you registered here at HF by a different name before?

11-17-2003, 10:49 AM
punchy1

I am new to the boards but my employer has been a long standing member who is the one who told me about this site. Why do you ask?

Old
11-17-2003, 10:54 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I am new to the boards but my employer has been a long standing member who is the one who told me about this site. Why do you ask?
just curious...your writing looks familiar...but i can't pinpoint as to who it looks like.

oh well...

Old
11-17-2003, 11:03 AM
punchy1

I am not sure if you were one of the many great posters who welcomed me when I came on but since I have forgotten the post (sorry to all) I will tell you I am a Kiwi (New Zealander, Maori actually) from the Christchurch area who became a fan of the game when a few hockey players came over for a fishing holiday. They left me with several game tapes of them and thier teams (the majority of them played for the Kings) and we struck up a bit of a friendship. They asked me up to the states for a look around and I came up. I attended a few Los Angeles Kings games and from then I was hooked. I have been fortunate enough to work for a true long time hockey fan (who used to play in the Major Juniour League's. He gave me a great photograph of him with long hair and side burns, still a great cracker) and recently he told on the HockeysFuture site and here I am.

My life's story regarding ice hockey in a sort of a neat little package.

Closed Thread