HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rookies Tournament Final Stats

Old
09-12-2006, 09:40 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Rookies Tournament Final Stats

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=5154

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 09:42 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Well S Kosty did very well as was expected.
Thanks for the link though!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 09:46 PM
the_crippler12

Matt D’Agostini leading in goal!
i love this guy!

the_crippler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Catch-22

Thanks for the link.

I would prefer to see our stats excluding the game against York, though. Obviously some players padded their stats in that one. Perhaps some more than others?

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 11:16 PM
goalchenyuk

Mathieu Carle , 3th pointer ...

7 points in two games + one shift , and he's a d-man !

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Teufelsdreck

I really don't see much reason for Habs fans to rejoice over the results of the rookies tournament. Although there was promise, no one looked as though he has a lock on a roster position this season. Let's hope someone breaks through at training camp and the preseason games. However, the breakthrough is more likely to come from an older rookie, such as A. Kostitsyn or Lapierre.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Mathieu Carle , 3th pointer ...

7 points in two games + one shift , and he's a d-man !
yeah but all of his 7 points were scored against a weak York team...

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
York simply didn't belong. I hope future tournaments exclude teams that rank far below NCAA teams.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 04:23 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Good to see Latendresse and Chipchura not stealing the show. Hopefully this helps the hype machine take a step backwards.

Although you can't really take much from this tournament, goaltending is one thing you can always take into account. Price looked bad on a few of the goals he let in, and don't give me the excuse that the nets were bigger because he was way out of position on some. Brule's starting to look even better as time goes on...you'll have to excuse me for not joining the 1st round pick butt-kissing-bandwagon.

Hats off to the Leafs, looks like they've got a great pick in Tlusty.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 06:32 AM
BrondbyDK

How did Picard-Hooper look?

BrondbyDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I really don't see much reason for Habs fans to rejoice over the results of the rookies tournament. Although there was promise, no one looked as though he has a lock on a roster position this season. Let's hope someone breaks through at training camp and the preseason games. However, the breakthrough is more likely to come from an older rookie, such as A. Kostitsyn or Lapierre.
But that's exactly it. People who wanted rookies from that tournament to make it didn't take into consideration that you may have guys in Hamilton who most certainly will make it before them so I have no problem with that. Even Lapierre for me should be ahead of Chipchura. Andrei Kostitsyn should be ahead of any wingers in that camp, Coté will be ahead of any d-men and that's alright. All those guys must go in Hamilton at least a year, Latendresse should go back in Juniors and our ''older'' rookies like you said will be there to steal a spot......if there's really any spot available.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 07:54 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
So what ? the other players also played againts that York team , without getting that much points

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 08:00 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Good to see Latendresse and Chipchura not stealing the show. Hopefully this helps the hype machine take a step backwards.

Although you can't really take much from this tournament, goaltending is one thing you can always take into account. Price looked bad on a few of the goals he let in, and don't give me the excuse that the nets were bigger because he was way out of position on some. Brule's starting to look even better as time goes on...you'll have to excuse me for not joining the 1st round pick butt-kissing-bandwagon.

Hats off to the Leafs, looks like they've got a great pick in Tlusty.
You make me laugh... You are saying Price looked out of position on some plays while saying us not to use the bigger nets as excuse...

Any NHL goaltenders would look out of position keeping bigger nets buddy, you have to adjust and find new marks.. Even Brodeur would look totally confused.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-13-2006 at 09:41 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Catch-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
So what ? the other players also played againts that York team , without getting that much points

Because if a player scores disproportionately more points against weak teams, then that doesn't tell us alot about his offense. For example, if Kostitsyn scored 5 of his total 8 pts against York (about 60%), then he is not more capable offensively then a guy who scores 4 of a total 4 points (or 100%) against the NHL prospects of Toronto and Florida. After all, the goal of this tournament is to see who might be able to perform in the NHL one day - higher level against higher level competition - not who can score a couple of poins against a marginal CIS team.

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:15 AM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22 View Post
Because if a player scores disproportionately more points against weak teams, then that doesn't tell us alot about his offense. For example, if Kostitsyn scored 5 of his total 8 pts against York (about 60%), then he is not more capable offensively then a guy who scores 4 of a total 4 points (or 100%) against the NHL prospects of Toronto and Florida. After all, the goal of this tournament is to see who might be able to perform in the NHL one day - higher level against higher level competition - not who can score a couple of poins against a marginal CIS team.
That and that game was the only chance the kid might have had for the tournament so he was probably all pumped for that game...had he not played well he never would have had a chance in the final since he only had what a single shift up to that point
Unfortunately the game might be the highlight of his career as a Hab...of course I could be wrong but he hasn't proven a thing yet...like most of those kids

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:45 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
That and that game was the only chance the kid might have had for the tournament so he was probably all pumped for that game...had he not played well he never would have had a chance in the final since he only had what a single shift up to that point
Unfortunately the game might be the highlight of his career as a Hab...of course I could be wrong but he hasn't proven a thing yet...like most of those kids
The Habs are in recruiting mode for Quebecers in their system and Carle was after all a 2nd rounder in last draft and is only 19 YO.
He was badlucky to get hurt on his first presence on the ice.

Now, for that game against York....
Do you people actually believe for one instant that the highly ranked rookies like Latendresse,Chipchura and others would press the brake pedal when they saw their opponents?
What is at stake in that Tournament is an invitation to the main camp and I don't believe for one instant that they actually did not have anymore to prove to the Habs Management at that point.

The fact is that Carle was actually the best offensive player in that game, not only the best offensive D...that should give him a very good chance to make it to the main camp.

After watching him for 3 years in juniors, I can tell you that he is skilled enough to play NHL some day....probably not this year, but he is surely skilled enough to deserve a long look at main camp.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 10:15 AM
VanW27

FYI Here is a link to the overall scoring leaders. As was said you cant read to much into to stats but it nice to see a couple of good young prospects near the top of the list.

http://www.mapleleafs.com/assets/community/rookie%20tournament.pdf

VanW27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
You make me laugh... You are saying Price looked out of position on some plays while saying us not to use the bigger nets as excuse...

Any NHL goaltenders would look out of position keeping bigger nets buddy, you have to adjust and find new marks.. Even Brodeur would look totally confused.
Um, I highly doubt Brodeur would leave HALF a net open.

You may continue with your fantasy world.

Old
09-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Talent Analyst

Wow .. Aubin and Kost impress me

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Wow .. Aubin and Kost impress me
Bear in mind those stats are padded from the York game.