HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

It's done, check it out

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 11:04 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
It's done, check it out

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=17

I have moved Hainsey, Hossa and Ryder to the graduated section, as per HF rules.

I did makes some small changes from the Top 20 after reading some posts the other day. Nothing major, but hopefully more accurate or realistic.

I have a prospect article on the way, and have setup an interview with Danny Stewart that should hopefully go through shortly.

Old
11-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Maithz

vCash:
Nice website Montreal !!! always great stuff with you !!!

Old
11-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
Nice website Montreal !!! always great stuff with you !!!
It's an HF page not like it was his personal website .

Good job Montreal , but why Buturlin is still considered a prospect ? He's a bust imo . Flood or Michaud should be considered better prospect than him .

Old
11-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Guy Caballero

You changed your mind on upgrading Higgins to an 8? Reasons?

Old
11-17-2003, 11:49 AM
Guy Caballero

Another question: Where exactly has Ilkka Mikkola graduated to?

Old
11-17-2003, 12:16 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Another question: Where exactly has Ilkka Mikkola graduated to?
He played one game with the Habs awhile ago, I believe...
Then he went back to Europe.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
It's an HF page not like it was his personal website .

Good job Montreal , but why Buturlin is still considered a prospect ? He's a bust imo . Flood or Michaud should be considered better prospect than him .

Buturlin is 22, but with all his RSL games, this should be his last year as a prospect. A bust? He plays on the 1st line mostly and is one of the top scorers on the team this year and last. He was named to the Russian Senior National team this year. He may never come over, but he's still a quality prospect.

Michaud I thought of putting at #20, but it was a toss up between the two. Michaud was bad last year, and hasn't been great so far, although he's on a poor team.

Flood I like but he must grow some, he's so skinny it hurts, but if he continues to play well, I can see him being moved up a few spots.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
You changed your mind on upgrading Higgins to an 8? Reasons?
The only reason I kept Higgins at 7.5, is the lack of games. He's off to a good start, but with only 9 games played I wanted to wait and see how he does. I didn't expect him to play so well right off the bat, so that's why I wanted to move him to an 8, as he seems to fit in well in the AHL, after only 2 years of NCAA. But I'll wait till he has more games under his belt.

As for Mikkola, he never played for the Habs, but a prospect is considered graduated after they play so many games, and Mikkola has played too many pro games thus must no longer be considered a prospect by HF rules.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Guy Caballero

I see. Nice reporting job on the prospects, BTW.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Thanks bud , maybe Flood will add pounds this summer

Old
11-17-2003, 12:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Thanks bud , maybe Flood will add pounds this summer

Well he's got a few years to add pound and strength. But he has the skating, passing and speed down already. He could play in Hamilton next year, and with the Dogs being short on defensemen, he just may, but that's where his size will hurt him down low and in front of the net.

Old
11-17-2003, 01:48 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Great job, Dan.
Saying that always sounds funny because it seems like i'm praising myself, lol.
Very good job on the prospect ratings, and I'm looking forward to those interviews!

Old
11-17-2003, 02:53 PM
turnbuckle*

Great work as always Dan. Glad to see Ward off the prospect list thanks to his graduation. I always had issue with him being listed behind the likes of Milroy, Larivee, and pretty well every other Habs right wing prospect in the past, including Selig if I'm not mistaken. I asked Chris about his low rating on Ward a couple years back or more, and he insisted that he wasn't NHL material.

Anyway; I have several issues with your selections, but I don't profess to be more knowledgable on you on the subject, particularly since you've obviously seen more prospects play than me. Nevertheless, I always have an opinion on our prospects, and I would tweak your list in several spots.

IMO you are overrating some of our AHL prospects (Archer, Ferland and Milroy), while underrating Lambert, O'Byrne, Lapierre and Stewart.

Other than that; your top 7 is pretty close IMO, and I have few qualms with your top 20, just the order from 8th through 20th, which is always a crapshoot anyways.

Excellent work!!

Old
11-17-2003, 04:17 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Nice Job

Old
11-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Cosanostra

Great Job Montreal, I too agree with most of their ranks, although I've seen Urquhart play a couple of times and like his talent a lot and would have put him in the top 5, but hey, we can't all agree.

I'm surprised to see Korneev so high though at #8, he was a long shot when he was drafted as a 5-11 defenceman. How good is this kid and what are the chances of him being signed to a contract in the near future??

Old
11-17-2003, 05:43 PM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
I'm surprised to see Oskari Korpikar so high. Anyway, I won't complain about that!

Old
11-18-2003, 07:33 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
Great work as always Dan. Glad to see Ward off the prospect list thanks to his graduation. I always had issue with him being listed behind the likes of Milroy, Larivee, and pretty well every other Habs right wing prospect in the past, including Selig if I'm not mistaken. I asked Chris about his low rating on Ward a couple years back or more, and he insisted that he wasn't NHL material.

Anyway; I have several issues with your selections, but I don't profess to be more knowledgable on you on the subject, particularly since you've obviously seen more prospects play than me. Nevertheless, I always have an opinion on our prospects, and I would tweak your list in several spots.

IMO you are overrating some of our AHL prospects (Archer, Ferland and Milroy), while underrating Lambert, O'Byrne, Lapierre and Stewart.

Other than that; your top 7 is pretty close IMO, and I have few qualms with your top 20, just the order from 8th through 20th, which is always a crapshoot anyways.

Excellent work!!
Thanks. Chris I haven't heard a word from in some time. He was very pissed that I made any changes to his page, maybe that's why I haven't heard from him. oh well.

I have to admit that it's very hard trying to overlook personal favorites. I have been a big fan of both Ferland and Milroy's since we drafted them, so my personal gut feeling gets in the way some. Archer I didn't want to move too much since he has yet to play a pro game due to injury. But when healthy I like the kid a lot, although his lack of offense is a major concern. Ferland I moved up so much cause I had expected him to return to the Q, plus his skating was a real concern. After watching him in Hamilton, I was very impressed. He fits in well, his skating has improved, and he brings something we don't have much of, a physical winger thats strong along the boards and in the corners, while driving to the net with soft hands. Milroy I do drop down due to his lack of playing time, and he didn't look as good as Ferland. Milroy has a ton of skill, but his size/strength is somewhat of a concern, so I dropped him down a bit. I think he will rebound and have a good season, but next year will be the real test as he shuld have a much bigger role in Hamilton.

As for underrating Lambert, yes I do, but I did rasie him from a 5 to a 6 based on his play. I don't care for Lambert, who was hated by fans last year for his attitude and lack of hard work. I talk to many Rocket fans over the year and half since he's been drafted, and just about all of them had bad things to say, and he was a healthy scratch at times last year. Now he's on the top line and lighting it up. I would have put him higher, but I feel his production has a lot to do with Urquhart. Would Lambert do as good without him? Tough to say. He has the skills, but hasn't been willing to pay the price. I'll wait to see what he does in the AHL.

O'Byrne is a very tough one. I have yet to see him play, but I will see him play 3 or 4 games next month. It's great that he hasn't missed a game, while the other two freshmen defensemen have, but I know he doesn't get a lot of ice time, and playing in the BCJHL is a small concern for me. A better ranking of him will come after I see a few games, and I plan on interviewing him and his assistant coach if possible.

Lapierre I like a lot, but his lack of offense in the Q is a major concern. I know that he most likely wont be used in an offensive role, but if you can't score in the Q as an 18 year old, I'm worried. I did move him up alittle, as I liked what I heard in the games I listened to on the radio. I am planing on a trip to see a few Rocket games as my next road trip.

Stewart I only saw one game and a few on the radio. He does have some skills, but takes some bad penalities and seems to lack some hockey sense. I know he's racking up the points but he has been playing with Crosby a lot of the time (Crosby's line has 3 of the top 10 scorers in the Q, but I think that line has been broken up, not sure) Stewart needs to get bigger and smarter, but I did move him up some cause Crosby or no Crosby he has a good shot and speed and he's producing well. Needs alot of work on faceoffs though.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:42 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

As for Korneev, I got to see a few of his games in the RSL this year, with one of his Russian National Team games on the way. He isn't getting much ice time for a good team AK Bars. But he plays a solid game, and his size doesn't seem to hurt him so far. He must add some pounds, but I think he can do that over a 2-3 year span. I don't know what management plans are for him, but if he stays in the RSL for one more year it's not a bad thing. Although I would like to see him in Hamilton next year to see how he adapts to the smaller ice surface.

As for Korpikari, I like everything I have read about him, and I finally got to see him play one game. One game doesn't mean anything, so I had to go off what I've read as well. Why did he move up so much? He was able to crack the roster of a mens league at 18, never sat out since his callup (that I know of) picked up his game in the playoffs, and this year he has played well not missing any time (1 game don't know why) He plays on one of the better teams in the sm- liiga, and his coach is one of Finlands all time great defensemen, who has had a lot of good things to say about Korpikari. I could be overrating him, but I hope to see more of him in the WJC's.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Darz

Great work as usual Dan!

Old
11-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Nyclaus

I admire your dedication montreal....thanks a million!

Closed Thread