HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2006-2007 Hershey Bears Information & Game Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Planning on another lengthy playoff run

just for fun, I think you forgot one: Engelland.

I thought I posted about the many many d-men somewhere, not sure where now,but I think Engelland is the only other one still in camp; I think Sloan and/or Engelland could still end up in the ECHL to start the season depending in his camp; also, it would not shock me if one of the rookies went up and down depending on play, Pokulok does seem a likely candidate.

I asked about Helbling last week to confirm something I heard from someone in Switzerland that he did have the option to head overseas, no info from the Caps yet.

The Dovgan addition sure makes it even more crowded; but it is a good thing, IMO. I wonder when they (Hershey or Washington) will announce a signing, or maybe it has not happened yet???

Should be interesting.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 09-26-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old
09-27-2006, 07:10 AM
sk84fun_dc

Article about the cuts, etc., and about the forward battles and waivers:

Leone - Depth leads to cuts

Old
09-29-2006, 08:25 AM
sk84fun_dc

no comments about my Dovgan pics from dev camp

well, here is the offical Bears head shot

Dovgan pic

note, the player bios have been updated with the head shots, etc.

also, here is the link to Leone's article about Fleischmann being sent down

link

Old
09-29-2006, 09:28 AM
sk84fun_dc

another article about Fleischmann's return to the Bears...

http://www.ydr.com/bears/ci_4416651

and preseason game at WBS tonight:

Defensive pairings will be Sloan and Engelland, Hunt and Byrne, and Pokulok and Dovgan. Frederic Cassivi will start in goal.

Old
09-29-2006, 09:57 AM
sk84fun_dc

they play at WBS tonight, but the latest regarding the next home game...

yikes, Saturday's game "has been canceled due to a power failure that shut down the arena’s ice compressor."

http://www.hersheypa.com/events/hers...il.php?id=1786

Old
09-29-2006, 10:30 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
they play at WBS tonight, but the latest regarding the next home game...

yikes, Saturday's game "has been canceled due to a power failure that shut down the arena’s ice compressor."

http://www.hersheypa.com/events/hershey_bears/detail.php?id=1786

Oops.

Old
09-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Rumblick

The cancellation was due to the storms that hit the area Friday. They were hopefule that they could have things back up and running for Sunday's game.

Old
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Bears finished up preseason with a 4-1 loss to WBS.

Captain should be named this week...either Arsene or Nyco Id suspect (they apparently both wore the C over the last two games).

Hopefully the O picks up going into the season.

Old
10-02-2006, 08:22 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Bears finished up preseason with a 4-1 loss to WBS.

Captain should be named this week...either Arsene or Nyco Id suspect (they apparently both wore the C over the last two games).

Hopefully the O picks up going into the season.
I assume one will be wearing the C, one the A.

Preseason game recap

Also, here is a short article on Fleischmann

Focus on Fleischmann

Old
10-03-2006, 11:30 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Dovgan & Machesney sent to SC per the Bears site.

Old
10-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Rumblick

Quote:
I still think there's a chance they'll rotate the rookie D-men between SC & Hershey to get them all some playing time.

For all his talk of "competition", I don't think Boudreau ever had any intent of keeping Chesser here. Not a big deal, as Freddie will still play 55 or more games.

Old
10-03-2006, 11:42 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Interesting. I expected one of the young d-men to start out down there given all the rookie blueliners and the number of defensemen signed by Hershey. I figured it would be Pokulok or Dovgan, but I am intrigued that Dovgan came over to NA to play this season and will start in the ECHL. Will he stay or head home, I have no reason to believe he won't stay, just curious.

By the way, to clarify something about your post in response to the question in the Dovgan thread; did you mean to say that you expect him to sign an ATO? I doubt he will sign an ATO when he does sign, but rather I expect he has signed or will sign a contract not an ATO with Hershey as that is what I thought they said on the Caps Report. Not sure what reason he would have to only sign an ATO.

Old
10-03-2006, 12:28 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Interesting. I expected one of the young d-men to start out down there given all the rookie blueliners and the number of defensemen signed by Hershey. I figured it would be Pokulok or Dovgan, but I am intrigued that Dovgan came over to NA to play this season and will start in the ECHL. Will he stay or head home, I have no reason to believe he won't stay, just curious.

By the way, to clarify something about your post in response to the question in the Dovgan thread; did you mean to say that you expect him to sign an ATO? I doubt he will sign an ATO when he does sign, but rather I expect he has signed or will sign a contract not an ATO with Hershey as that is what I thought they said on the Caps Report. Not sure what reason he would have to only sign an ATO.
I think its may have something to do with his age or his european status or something. I thought they said on the Caps Report that he would be signing an ATO first then with the Caps later in the season (Similar to Werner and some others have in the past) I could have misheard it with people yapping here at work to me that day.

Old
10-03-2006, 12:41 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
I think its may have something to do with his age or his european status or something. I thought they said on the Caps Report that he would be signing an ATO first then with the Caps later in the season (Similar to Werner and some others have in the past) I could have misheard it with people yapping here at work to me that day.
Not a big deal, but I heard it as signing a minor league contract to start and an NHL contract later rather than about ATO vs PTO vs a contract.

Old
10-03-2006, 01:01 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

I guess my question is why would it be a minor league deal to start and not a standard NHL Entry Deal since he was drafted? I was thinking it was an ATO or something first similar to what Werner, Schultz, and I think Bourque did to play and not have the time count against the entry level deal year (But this was all during the end of the season and playoffs)

Listening to the Caps Report again....Vogs compares it to Tenute. Tenute was a free agent when he signed with Hershey. Dovgan is Caps property. Its weird.

Old
10-03-2006, 03:21 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
I guess my question is why would it be a minor league deal to start and not a standard NHL Entry Deal since he was drafted? I was thinking it was an ATO or something first similar to what Werner, Schultz, and I think Bourque did to play and not have the time count against the entry level deal year (But this was all during the end of the season and playoffs)

Listening to the Caps Report again....Vogs compares it to Tenute. Tenute was a free agent when he signed with Hershey. Dovgan is Caps property. Its weird.
Yes, Tenute had an AHL contract and during the season earned an NHL two-way entry level deal; he was UFA in terms of NHL teams at the time he signed with Washington so not exactly the same situation.

The wording of my question that I believe he was responding to: "Is Dovgan signed to a contract already? If yes, or when he does sign, will it be to his entry level deal with Washington or a Hershey-only contract?"

If a player is willing to sign an AHL only deal, I imagine that is allowed. However, I don't know what the advantage would be to the organization? For example, Bourque's entry-level deal extended a year and I imagine that would be the case with Dovgan if he signed his entry-level deal now, so I am not sure why they would avoid signing him. Based on my count, they have room under the 50 contract limit. After the debate, I believe it was established that Dovgan's birthdate is Feb 1987 so he would not turn 20 in the year he signed per the clause below. I guess they could want to defer his rights for longer and not commit to the entire entry-level contract, but ???

http://washingtoncaps.com/display_co...cont_id=292150

CBA 9.1 (d) (i) In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC, with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary, games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided, however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all circumstances.

Old
10-03-2006, 04:01 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Dovgan and Machesney assigned to SC.

http://www.hersheypa.com/events/hers...il.php?id=1790

10-03-2006, 04:13 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Dovgan and Machesney assigned to SC.

http://www.hersheypa.com/events/hers...il.php?id=1790
Beat you. 7 posts above.

Old
10-03-2006, 04:48 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
You get an incomplete since you had no link .

Old
10-04-2006, 06:35 AM
Tomppav

Send a message via AIM to Tomppav
NHL keeps Nycholat waiting

http://www.pennlive.com/columns/patr...950.xml&coll=1

Old
10-04-2006, 06:38 AM
sk84fun_dc

As Tomppa posted the link to Leone's take on Nycholat's situation...

I was surprised he was sent down so early and did not play in a preseason game (IIRC), but with Muir returning, Clymer back on D, and the Erskine signing, his chances of making this team were not good to begin with; having seen him in camp, he is small, but I thought he would have an outside chance. It will be nice for the organization to have him in Hershey with the 3 rookies on the blueline.

Nycholat - "My main focus, if not to get called up this year, is to put myself in a position to maybe challenge for a job [in the NHL] in a different organization [next season]."

"The Bears will place a heavy load on his shoulders again this season. Nycholat is considered a front-runner to be named Hershey's captain in 2006-07."

I am thinking more and more that Nycholat will wear the C, Arsene and perhaps Laing the A's (Laing wore an A during one of the preseason games according to a friend in Hershey)

FWIW, based on camp and comments by the coaching staff, I assume Schultz will get called up as the first d-man, but Nycholat does qualify for the re-entry waiver exemption if his play and the situation in Washington warrants a recall.

Also,

"The Bears will be debuting new uniforms this season. The home white jersey features the word "BEARS" printed diagonally in all capitals. The maroon road version features "HERSHEY" printed diagonally in all capitals. .."

Nycholat article

Old
10-04-2006, 06:49 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Im totally getting a Hunt #4 away jersey.

Old
10-04-2006, 06:52 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Im totally getting a Hunt #4 away jersey.
Yeah, I was on the Hunt bandwagon (if there actually is one - ha ha ha) early, too I am looking forward to seeing the new Hershey jerseys, I like the diagonal design they use. Opening night on the 21st!

Old
10-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Foy

When are we going to be able to order the new Hershey jerseys from the website?

Old
10-04-2006, 02:02 PM
hockeychic28

Send a message via AIM to hockeychic28
Quote:
"The Bears will be debuting new uniforms this season. The home white jersey features the word "BEARS" printed diagonally in all capitals. The maroon road version features "HERSHEY" printed diagonally in all capitals. .."
I can't wait to see these. They are almost a throw back jersey to the early 90's jerseys that the Bears wore up until after the 96-97 season (the last time the Bears won the Cup).

Closed Thread