HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2006-2007 Hershey Bears Information & Game Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2006, 09:17 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

vCash: 500
6-4 Wiseman on a SH breakaway. Schremp give it away. Haha.

Old
10-07-2006, 09:18 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

7-4 Bears! Wiseman with another from Giroux.

Wow.

Old
10-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Days of Rage

It's nice to see the Bears winning, too.

Old
10-07-2006, 10:55 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

1. HER Sloan, (1) (Laing, Bourque), 16:27
2. HER Tenute, (1) (Helbling, Nycholat), 12:51 (PP)
2. HER Tenute, (2) (Helbling, Fehr), 13:48 (PP)
3. HER Taticek, (1) (Hunt, Johansson), 2:24
3. HER Hendricks, (1) (Nycholat), 6:35 (PP)
3. HER Wiseman, (1) , 12:37 (SH)
3. HER Giroux, (1) (Wiseman, Nycholat), 13:33

Cassivi, Frederic Shots 37 Saves 33

Old
10-08-2006, 11:07 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Louis doing his thing...

Quote:
Louis Robitaille, Hershey's instigator, goaded Wade Skolney into an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that set up Hendricks' goal, which stood as the game-winner.

"It helped his team out big time," Skolney said. "His teammates probably love him for doing that. I would think it's embarrassing. But, then again, they came out on top."
Also...good stuff from Boudreau on that hack Carcillo...

Quote:
Those two guys have targets on their back every time they play," Bears coach Bruce Boudreau said. "Dennis has had one for 13 years. They were borderline penalties, but it's Dennis Bonvie -- he's going to get them. As far as Carcillo, he drew as many as he gave. I think eventually the refs will realize that this guy dives more than Greg Louganis."
Leone

As for the Bears and what I saw on B2...the forwards are hella fast. Overall this group has much more speed than last years team. They shouldnt have any problems scoring...its going to be the defense that needs work.

The Nyco - Hunt pairing should be fun to watch...very simliar to the Nyco - Green duo from last season. Hunt is going to be a good one....sweet passer.

Im hoping they can work Pokulok into a rotation...but Im thinking they are going to take it easy on him for a few weeks and work him in slowly.

Old
10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
sk84fun_dc

Sweet, crazy game. Loved Tenute's comments about the goal and his convo with the ref.
Speedy forwards with another speedy guy, Werner, sitting this one out.

As we have discussed before, I think Hunt could see a call-up or two this season if he keeps on this track. My guess was that Pokulok would start in SC based on what I saw of him this preseason/tc; I think you are right they will rotate him in, but perhaps limit the times early this season all 3 rookie blueliners are in the line-up.

Nice way to start the season!

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/offici...ame_id=1002243

Old
10-09-2006, 10:11 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

I stated in another thread about wondering where Fleischmann and Klepis would fit into this line up if they were both in Hershey. Flesichmann could play on the left of the Hendricks - Fehr line but I dont see Klepis having an actual spot.

Tenute I see cementing himself on that line with Giroux and Wiseman. Steckel is the checking line center. Hendricks is solid. I guess Taticek could be scratched...but he played a good game as well. Klepis, appears to me at least...to possibly be staying in Washington since there is so little room in Hershey. Especially for a player that takes off shifts sometimes complete games at a time.

I could be wrong but remember Stiksav's post while back about B Bourdreu commenting on a player he didn't want back in Hershey...Id bet it's Klepis.

Old
10-09-2006, 10:42 AM
sk84fun_dc

Strung, I know you are not a fan of Klepis (how's that for an understatement), but I am willing to give him some time this season when it comes to attitude, not taking shifts/games off; from my view of his games and practices to date, he seems like a different player right now than the last couple of seasons, could it be temporary? yes, but at 22, it also could be he has turned the corner and will continue to play with effort/positive attitude and not checkout for shifts/games.

About Fleischmann and Klepis returning to the Bears, Tenute is playing great, but if Klepis returns, I see him bumping someone down and Taticek appears IMO to be the one that gets bumped; from the preseason write-ups, it does sound like the Bears intend to use him as a center this season. Could Klepis be the one that Boudreau was referring to (if the context of the overheard conversation was correct), I guess so, but it could have been one of several guys.

Also, I just added this rumor to the GDT thread from the Canes game, silly place to put it I know as it belongs here; on the AHL boards someone said they saw a Manitoba Moose scout at the Bears game in WBS and there was a hint that a trade may be coming soon; rumors rumors rumors...

Old
10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

The Moose are who's AHL affiliate? Vancouver? Or do they split with another NHL team?

Hmmmm.

Old
10-09-2006, 11:07 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
The Moose are who's AHL affiliate? Vancouver? Or do they split with another NHL team?

Hmmmm.
Yes, Vancouver's affiliate. I know you post over there once in awhile so I figured you had seen the post; it was by a Pens fan, so as I noted, simply a rumor. Could be just to stir up trouble, but that poster posts a decent amount over there.

see post 32

Also, link to nice article about Arsene and his tenure in Hershey! Nice to see what he says about Tenute and Werner, too.

Arsene

I know they are no longer in the organization, but a quick update to start the season

Also, FWIW, Aulin signed a PTO with Springfield (TB's affiliate) and played (started) in the first game after attending and being released from the SA Rampage's training camp. Wotton wore the C for Bridgeport, well-deserved.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 10-09-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old
10-09-2006, 11:15 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Thanks for the links.

Vancouver needs scoring help on the lower lines and could use some youthful talent.

Hmmmm.

Old
10-09-2006, 03:24 PM
sk84fun_dc

Stingrays update:

"Viktor is from Russia and he speaks two words of English, 'good morning,"' Fitzsimmons said. "It should be an interesting training camp, but like most Russian players, Viktor is a very strong skater."

note: from what I heard from someone that met him in Hershey, he may have about 4 more words of English, but get the kid an English tutor; I assume a North American roommate will not be a problem on the Stingrays

link

Old
10-09-2006, 03:48 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Props to that kid for actually coming over at such a young age. That's pretty cool.

Old
10-09-2006, 03:54 PM
State_Of_Hockey

Matt Hendricks

Matt Hendricks is a new comer to Hershey, with his past season at Rochester. I am expecting big things from this kid. I am starting this thread simply as a way to watch the fans of the AHL and Hershey take notice of this kid. Feel free to jump in and add your 2 cents worth, positive or negative. And you Washington fans, pay attention, you will hear about this kid's play...

Old
10-09-2006, 04:15 PM
pgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by State_Of_Hockey View Post
Matt Hendricks is a new comer to Hershey, with his past season at Rochester. I am expecting big things from this kid. I am starting this thread simply as a way to watch the fans of the AHL and Hershey take notice of this kid. Feel free to jump in and add your 2 cents worth, positive or negative. And you Washington fans, pay attention, you will hear about this kid's play...
ok, so matt's mom is watching the boards.

i don't know anything about the guy, but will listen attentively to those who do.

Old
10-09-2006, 04:27 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgreene View Post
ok, so matt's mom is watching the boards.

i don't know anything about the guy, but will listen attentively to those who do.

State of Hockey - your best bet is to read the Hershey Bears thread; we keep it up to date. I like the reviews so far as it sounds like he showed up to training camp ready to go and has earned his playing time to start the season. Looking forward to seeing the home opener on 10/21.

Old
10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
He's the anti-Nepriayev.

Old
10-09-2006, 04:42 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

He looked ok the other night against WBS...played with Fehr and rotating LW's.

Looks like he's going to get plently of minutes with the Bears this season. So far so good.

Old
10-09-2006, 04:44 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
He's the anti-Nepriayev.
No doubt.

We were so close in getting him over here...hell...he was signed! Just decided to stay over there. Im guessing he missed his chance...at least with the Caps.

Old
10-09-2006, 04:52 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
He's the anti-Nepriayev.
no kidding; would be interesting to know the backstory as to why Dovgan actually came over to play this season as a 19yo knowing he may play in the ECHL, but without knowing the details, I am looking at it in a positive light. I liked what I saw during the dev camp scrimmage and sounds like he is seeing this through heading to SC to start the season, etc.

Sounds like he has the right attitude so hopefully he learns some English and gets settled this season. Anybody know who his agent is?

Old
10-09-2006, 05:32 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
I believe Dovgan was a captain on his jr team and I have to say its impressive to see someone so young and not speaking a lick of english come across the pond like he has.

10-09-2006, 11:00 PM
The Viking Fury

I wonder if Dovgan didn't want to get held hostage, or realized that if he didn't come soon, he might get lost in the depth chart.

Old
10-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I think Dovgan just realized he probably was going to get about the same dough in Russia as here... but that if he worked hard he could get to the AHL here and make a tad more.

Plus the Caps did have a scout who supposibly has seen his birth certificate and probably knows him well... so there could be some sort of a relationship.

As for Nepriayev, I think the story was his dad is some type of diplomat/politician so he stayed more or less as a campaign tool and to help the family. He looked alright in the Olympic game or two he played in, I think he could play in the NHL if he wanted. Though at this point he probably is pretty much done for the Caps. For their other Russians, Yunkov still might have a shot at coming over in a year or two, he's supposibly getting better and a tad bigger.

Old
10-11-2006, 07:23 PM
sk84fun_dc

Dovgan wearing #8 with the Stingrays. So he will be changing uniform numbers eventually (a few years away)

typos in the bios, but still nice to see some info about the players

http://www.stingrayshockey.com/news/...?article_id=81

Old
10-13-2006, 08:39 AM
sk84fun_dc

Hershey plays 3 in the 3 on the road starting tonight: Hamilton, Syracuse, Toronto (fun with border crossings )

Nice write-up about Sloan and as expected, "The aim is to get those who didn't play at WBS into the lineup at some point during the weekend. Forwards Tomas Fleischmann and Pete Vandermeer and defensemen Trevor Byrne, Sasha Pokulok and Deryk Engelland figure to see their first Hershey action of 2006-07. Rookie forwards Matt Stefanishion and Stephen Werner remain injured. In addition, goalie Maxime Daigneault should make his first start of the season in one of the three games."

Link to Leone article

Closed Thread