HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moore recalled yet again today

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 11:43 AM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Moore recalled yet again today

What is the coaching staff thinking bringing up a forward like Moore when you have such stellar forwards like McAllister taking up minutes?

:

Old
11-17-2003, 11:58 AM
nathan

Whatchu talkin' about?!?

The Stars couldn't muster a single goal when Big Daddy Mac was roaming the ice!

Old
11-17-2003, 01:02 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Whatchu talkin' about?!?

The Stars couldn't muster a single goal when Big Daddy Mac was roaming the ice!

I guess Kariya is out then . Any news on the extent of the injury this time?? Month, two months, two weeks????

Old
11-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I guess Kariya is out then . Any news on the extent of the injury this time?? Month, two months, two weeks????
I am guessing about a month, because they really need to make sure he doesn't come back to soon this time. There's a chance that the hit he sustained would have hurt him even if his wrist wasn't previously injured, but most likely that wrist is still really susceptible to damage. I think they'll err on the side of caution this time so we don't lose him for the year.

I haven't heard any updates, like whether it's for sure just another sprain or something worse, but at least they aren't calling it a hamstring.

Old
11-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
I am guessing about a month, because they really need to make sure he doesn't come back to soon this time. There's a chance that the hit he sustained would have hurt him even if his wrist wasn't previously injured, but most likely that wrist is still really susceptible to damage. I think they'll err on the side of caution this time so we don't lose him for the year.

I haven't heard any updates, like whether it's for sure just another sprain or something worse, but at least they aren't calling it a hamstring.
If he sprained like last time, I have to agree 4 weeks or 28-30 days before they bring him back in game action.

He missed 24 days last time with the injury, and it appears the Avs may have rushed him back a week or two too soon.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:35 PM
imagine29028

is there a limit to the number of times a team can bring someone up from the minors?

In baseball you have like 4 chances...and then they have to pass waivers.

Old
11-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine29028
is there a limit to the number of times a team can bring someone up from the minors?

In baseball you have like 4 chances...and then they have to pass waivers.
"Any player who has played three seasons since signing his first NHL contract or has played 180 NHL games must clear waivers before he is assigned to a minor league affiliate."

This is his third year with NHL time, so it appears he's already passing through waivers.

Old
11-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

The Avs already lost two players to waivers, and teams aren't allowed to lose three. I wonder if that aplies for the whole season, or just a certain amount of time. This might be why they are freely sending him down, and calling him back up, because I think a team would have picked him up by now if they could.

Old
11-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
The Avs already lost two players to waivers, and teams aren't allowed to lose three. I wonder if that aplies for the whole season, or just a certain amount of time. This might be why they are freely sending him down, and calling him back up, because I think a team would have picked him up by now if they could.
Is that true? Maybe they're gonna try and get Moore snatched off waivers then so they can send Skoula to the AHL without having to worry about someone plucking him purely on his "potential."

Hmm, that'd be interesting...

Old
11-17-2003, 09:02 PM
RoyIsALegend*

YOU'RE MY BOY, BLUE!

Sorry, watching Old School. What a great movie.

Closed Thread