HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Info on Oulette and Eminger

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 01:18 PM
AL-Canadian

vCash: 500
Info on Oulette and Eminger

I would appreciate any information available on your outstanding goalie prospect. Do you see him being called up anytime this year or next?

Also, how is Eminger looking? I've seen him a few times on the 'Center-Ice' package and would like to hear more first hand info. Thanks

Old
11-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
I would appreciate any information available on your outstanding goalie prospect. Do you see him being called up anytime this year or next?
Ouellet isn't being called up this year, makes too much money. :mad:

Old
11-16-2003, 03:08 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian

Also, how is Eminger looking? I've seen him a few times on the 'Center-Ice' package and would like to hear more first hand info. Thanks
1. I think its a concensus opinion that should Kolzig be injuried enough to miss a couple of games in a row, that Ouellet would get the call up and the starts. As for next season....will there be a next season?

2. Eminger has looked to good to a degree. Compare him to Pitkanen on the Flyers and there is not comparison. Pitkanen makes Eminger look like he is in way over his head. Eminger is a two way defenseman with supposedly a good offensive side to his game. He has only 2 shots on goal and to me that is glaring. In order to keep up with the NHL game he has simplified is game drastically. That makes me wonder if he isn't over his head. The defensive results have not been bad at all. So, the Capitals may be able to survive with him playing, but I wonder if he would not be better suited for the AHL if the Caps had any other NHL caliber defensemen. but they don't and in a pinch Eminger has been good.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:12 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy2
Ouellet isn't being called up this year, makes too much money. :mad:
Ouellet gets $15k a game. Stana gets $5k a game. The Caps have decided they would rather pay Stana $5k to sit on the bench than Max three times that much. Thats a smart decision as long as Kolzig is playing all the games. I think if someone other than Kolzig that is going to start a game that it will be Max.

Old
11-16-2003, 07:33 PM
jr77812

Ouellet is 4-7-0 in Portland with a 2.06 GAA and a .926 S%. He just had his 3rd SO yesterday. Don't let his record deceive though. Portland started 0-4 with only 4 goals over those first 4 and Max took the brunt of the Pirate's inability to score.
With Forbes back in the line up and Mink healthy they are a much better team and his record will eventually reflect that. He is the best goalie prospect to come through Portland since Kolzig and may turn out to be better. Time will tell.
But the Caps will have to either next year (or if lockout dictates the following) get Max at least 20-25 games if not more to start getting him NHL level shots if they expect him to be the future.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:15 PM
AL-Canadian

Thanks for the update.

Closed Thread