HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trades

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Garnet

vCash: 500
Trades

Hey guys, I see a lot of trade ideas on the board and I think there a great read. But I think some posters are missing a very valuable asset that I strongly feel will be in full effect after christmas. The end of the CBA is near. Owners are looking for a 31.5M salary cap but I think are really hoping for about a 40M payroll. I feel after Christmas team are going to start unloading good players just because of their contracts. Montreal should shred at least ten million by next year so they could be a buyer in the up coming sweepstakes. This will be something the NHL has never seen before and maybe never agian.

Instead of trading a lot of young talent for a premier player now Montreal should wait and watch the markets open up. Their about .500 so I think they can afford to wait. NY Rags, Dallas, Colorado, Detroit, St.louis, Toronto well probably want to lower payroll if not a seroius contender. If they don't dump players the salary cap will kill their chances of picking up UFA when the league starts up agian. So Montreal would have a great chance on the market agian. I think this is what Montreal should do be patience and see what happens.

Old
11-17-2003, 01:57 PM
joepaco

i wish that would be the case

i remember not so long ago ,say 1992, every team had a super star

it would probably get back to that, if there is hockey next year

Old
11-17-2003, 02:28 PM
RE-HABS

I think a payroll that low is really unatainable, 35 - 40 million is more like it, even then 35 maybe too low.

Old
11-17-2003, 02:34 PM
BlackJack21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet
Hey guys, I see a lot of trade ideas on the board and I think there a great read. But I think some posters are missing a very valuable asset that I strongly feel will be in full effect after christmas. The end of the CBA is near. Owners are looking for a 31.5M salary cap but I think are really hoping for about a 40M payroll. I feel after Christmas team are going to start unloading good players just because of their contracts. Montreal should shred at least ten million by next year so they could be a buyer in the up coming sweepstakes. This will be something the NHL has never seen before and maybe never agian.

Instead of trading a lot of young talent for a premier player now Montreal should wait and watch the markets open up. Their about .500 so I think they can afford to wait. NY Rags, Dallas, Colorado, Detroit, St.louis, Toronto well probably want to lower payroll if not a seroius contender. If they don't dump players the salary cap will kill their chances of picking up UFA when the league starts up agian. So Montreal would have a great chance on the market agian. I think this is what Montreal should do be patience and see what happens.
Forget a bout the 31.5 million!!

It's just an offer madein a negociation logic.

But it will probably ends up by a deal at 37 to 43 millions per team.

That wil singnificantly reduce the salaries of utility player that are the real pain in the ass in this league and permit every team to keap their stars and build on good basis,

BJ21

Old
11-17-2003, 02:58 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack21
Forget a bout the 31.5 million!!

It's just an offer madein a negociation logic.

But it will probably ends up by a deal at 37 to 43 millions per team.

That wil singnificantly reduce the salaries of utility player that are the real pain in the ass in this league and permit every team to keap their stars and build on good basis,

BJ21
Exactly, why start at 37, start a lot lower, and be like are giving you a lot by going to like 38, when maybe that was the plan the whole time.

Old
11-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack21

BJ21
Good point...how can a team like the Habs compete when they`ve got the Rangers paying a 40-50 point man like Holik 9 million a season and boston paying a 3rd liner like lapointe 5 million a season. I have no problem seeing Bertuzzi make 7 million a season but this is ridiculous.

Old
11-18-2003, 03:57 AM
Darz

I imagine if there is a salary cap implemented in the bargaining agrement, it will have some sort of grandfather clause that allows higher payroll teams time to adjust.

I still don't beleive a salary cap will be part of the new CBA. I think the owners are going to push hard for it and not take it off the table til a bunch of concessions are made by the players.

Closed Thread