HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks ready to deal Ruttu and other young forwards?

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Hawks ready to deal Ruttu and other young forwards?

A little snippet from Crew's post below (which was taken from the Daily News):

"Chicago-area reports suggest the Blackhawks are willing to take one or more contracts off Milbury's hands. GM Bob Pulford reportedly remains interested in Parrish ($2.35 million) and Eric Cairns ($900,000) - as well as blueliners Hamrlik ($3.6 million) and Janne Niinimaa ($2.9 million), whom Milbury would prefer to keep. Rookie forwards Tuomo Ruutu, Pavel Vorobiev and/or Igor Radulov reportedly could be available in the right deal."

Do I believe it? Absolutely not. I think it is total nonsense and I do think the Hawks will stay the course.

Old
11-16-2003, 08:44 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
If

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury

"Chicago-area reports suggest the Blackhawks are willing to take one or more contracts off Milbury's hands. GM Bob Pulford reportedly remains interested in Parrish ($2.35 million) and Eric Cairns ($900,000) - as well as blueliners Hamrlik ($3.6 million) and Janne Niinimaa ($2.9 million), whom Milbury would prefer to keep. Rookie forwards Tuomo Ruutu, Pavel Vorobiev and/or Igor Radulov reportedly could be available in the right deal."

Do I believe it? Absolutely not. I think it is total nonsense and I do think the Hawks will stay the course.
Ruutu was available i would deal one of the two mentioned above. Or a Parrish plus package for him

Old
11-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Stuy

Quote:

Believe it Darth. Pulford is negating the youth movement to get playoff money. That's all Wirtz wants. And yet with trades like that they still don't realize they will kill the Hawks for years to come and still may not make the playoffs this year. Wirtz is a one greedy mother........

11-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirtzsucks
Believe it Darth. Pulford is negating the youth movement to get playoff money. That's all Wirtz wants. And yet with trades like that they still don't realize they will kill the Hawks for years to come and still may not make the playoffs this year. Wirtz is a one greedy mother........

what would it cost to get mr ruutu in an Isles uniform. or mark bell

Old
11-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'd have to think that Ruutu could get a better return than Hamrlik. No offense Isle fans.

I can't believe the Hawks could be that stupid. Why not deal draft picks versus prospects....

Old
11-16-2003, 08:51 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

(insert obvious Comrie-based proposal...)

Old
11-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

I know I'm supposed to dislike the team being one of Detroit's biggest rivals, but I can't help but feel sorry for all the Blackhawks fans here. Welcome to the Pulford/Sutter era, where your value to the team is directly proportional to the distance of your birthplace from Viking, AB.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:01 AM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I'd have to think that Ruutu could get a better return than Hamrlik. No offense Isle fans.

I can't believe the Hawks could be that stupid. Why not deal draft picks versus prospects....
First of all, I goota believe there is virtually zero chance that Ruutu gets traded. That would be the height of stupidity. Hawks are going nowhere in the forseeable future .
If Ruutu was to be traded I would have to believe for something like a Hamrlik, Parrish & a draft pick.
Just my .02

Old
11-16-2003, 09:02 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
First of all, I goota believe there is virtually zero chance that Ruutu gets traded. That would be the height of stupidity. Hawks are going nowhere in the forseeable future .
If Ruutu was to be traded I would have to believe for something like a Hamrlik, Parrish & a draft pick.
Just my .02
Funnily enough, that's exactly the same deal I had in mind when I thought about it for a second. Maybe because those are names that are getting tossed around.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:08 AM
DJ Spinoza

I'd happily take Radulov or Vorobiev in a Pens jersey.

Want Straka?

Old
11-16-2003, 09:10 AM
PanthersRule96

That guy must be frickin high all the time to even think about considering trading Radulov, Vorobiev, and Ruutu. ALthough I'm not impressed by Ruutu (the "BEST" player outside of the NHL last year) you still can trade him yet. Radulov is a potential 35-40 goal scorer and Vorobiev is a top prospect.

:p FLA would love to have any of the three, my prefence being Radulov.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:13 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch

No offense taken. I agree.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:

If Wirtz cares about nothing but money, why would he trade young inexpensive forwards (although I realize incentives inflate the price of rookie contracts) for expensive vets?

Old
11-16-2003, 09:14 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Just my .02
that's an insane deal for Ruutu...

he's an excellent prospect that has star written all over him... but he's still a prospect...

trying to see what other deals have been made where top prospects like Ruutu were dealt, and really there aren't many, so it's hard to find an example to compare with...

but the Isles seem to have made a few - Luongo, Connelly, Pyatt, Spezza... in all these cases it was part of a multiplayer deal... still just breaking these deals up, it doesn't seem close to a Hammer/Parrish for the one prospect deal in any case (not to mention adding a draft pick on top of it)...

Ruutu may yet be a great player, but he's not there yet... does any team deal away two current star players - or a top dman and a productive top 6 forward in this case - for a top level prospect?

I know that prospects - especially of Ruutu's quality - are given a lot of value on this board, but there aren't many examples ever in the NHL where so much asset value is given to a prospect - and Ruutu as good a prospect as he is, is still not a Kovalchuk, Spezza, or Ovechkin...

Old
11-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO

he's an excellent prospect that has star written all over him... but he's still a prospect...

trying to see what other deals have been made where top prospects like Ruutu were dealt, and really there aren't many, so it's hard to find an example to compare with...

but the Isles seem to have made a few - Luongo, Connelly, Pyatt, Spezza... in all these cases it was part of a multiplayer deal... still just breaking these deals up, it doesn't seem close to a Hammer/Parrish for the one prospect deal in any case (not to mention adding a draft pick on top of it)...

Ruutu may yet be a great player, but he's not there yet... does any team deal away two current star players - or a top dman and a productive top 6 forward in this case - for a top level prospect?

I know that prospects - especially of Ruutu's quality - are given a lot of value on this board, but there aren't many examples ever in the NHL where so much asset value is given to a prospect - and Ruutu as good a prospect as he is, is still not a Kovalchuk, Spezza, or Ovechkin...

Yup. That is far too much return to expect, even for a very nice prospect.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:

You have to remember that this is coupled with all the "Islanders are looking to dump salary" stuff (which of course may or may not be true). Deals rarely happen in a vaccuum in the NHL anymore.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Mizral

The only thing that I'd be worried about if it was my team aquiring Ruutu, is how much do you gotta pay the kid for doing nothing?

What I mean is: Let's say Ruutu finishes the season with 5 goals and 5 assists and 10 points, with 75 games played. How much of his bonuses have kicked in for things like +/-, PIM's, games played? Is he still gonna pull down $2 - 3 million for doing not a heck of a lot? Or are his bonuses pretty gaudy, and nigh impossible to hit, and his likely pay will be the rookie cap?

Old
11-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Well the players mentioned in the article aren't gonna carry the Hawks to the playoffs so it's hard to believe.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:46 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
You have to remember that this is coupled with all the "Islanders are looking to dump salary" stuff (which of course may or may not be true). Deals rarely happen in a vaccuum in the NHL anymore.

Darth's posted that the isles are looking to dump about $5m in salary

Weimer-$1.6m
Parrish-$2.3m
Cairns-$900,000
Scatchard-$1.3m
Timmander-$1.2m

They don't have to move Niinimaa or Hamrlik's salary to get to that figure.

Old
11-16-2003, 10:16 AM
Sammy*

Quote:

I hear what your saying but well Ruutu may not be worth a Spezza, its not that far off (IMO). Furthurmore there are big differences between those deals (Spezza & Connolly) & this "potential" one. Namely, the financial landscape of the NHL has done a complete 180. Today, you can get high priced guys for often nothing, just by picking up their contract, so it is virtually impossible to draw any sort of analogy between deals made today & in the past.

Old
11-16-2003, 10:23 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
I hear what your saying but well Ruutu may not be worth a Spezza, its not that far off (IMO). Furthurmore there are big differences between those deals (Spezza & Connolly) & this "potential" one. Namely, the financial landscape of the NHL has done a complete 180. Today, you can get high priced guys for often nothing, just by picking up their contract, so it is virtually impossible to draw any sort of analogy between deals made today & in the past.
I agree... but we're not talking Jagr contracts here... or Yashin ones for that matter...

we're talking about a #1 dman, who's still somewhat young, and making $3.6mill, and a top 6 forward, who's been a consistent 25 goal man making $2.5mill...

those aren't contracts that no one but a couple teams in the league can actually pick up... these are contracts that nearly every team in the league could make room for...

Old
11-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Stuy

Quote:
If Wirtz cares about nothing but money, why would he trade young inexpensive forwards (although I realize incentives inflate the price of rookie contracts) for expensive vets?
His hope of playoff money before a long lock-out.

Old
11-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Chayos

Quote:

From an oiler standpoint i would deal Comrie Isbister and laraque for Ruutu

Old
11-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1

I'm willing to be that the ChiHawks would have little interest in Izzy and Laraque, for money reasons.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:13 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I agree with Darth... the Hawks would probably have little interest in Isbister and Laraque...

but even money aside, Isbister's value has probably gone down even more since he's been in Edmonton... he's continuing to disappoint, and is getting further and further away from those previous lofty comparisons to powerforwards like Bertuzzi.

he's more Gratton now than Bert... although Gratton probably has better trade value at this point.

I'd take Parrish over Isbister and Laraque personally.

Closed Thread