HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 04:27 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Question

You all may have previously discussed this and if so, pardon me. What is the deal with this 16 year old Crosby kid? I keep hearing he is one of our top "prospects" but can't be drafted until '05. I guess I am just looking for an explanation on how everyone is sure we are going to get this kid.

Old
11-18-2003, 04:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
You all may have previously discussed this and if so, pardon me. What is the deal with this 16 year old Crosby kid? I keep hearing he is one of our top "prospects" but can't be drafted until '05. I guess I am just looking for an explanation on how everyone is sure we are going to get this kid.
Only if we finish last 2 years from now. I'd love to get him though, he's looking like one of those rare talents, like Bure, Kovalchuk, Jagr, etc.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:59 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:

Sydney Crosby has been projected as the next Wayne Gretzky, by Wayne himself. In order for the Predators to get him, we would have to finish in the bottom 4 of the NHL and win the draft lottery in 2005.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:00 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
Sydney Crosby has been projected as the next Wayne Gretzky, by Wayne himself. In order for the Predators to get him, we would have to finish in the bottom 4 of the NHL and win the draft lottery in 2005.
Or finish bottom four this year and win the draft lottery for the next two years *lockout* and then we'd have Ovechkin and Crosby *drools*

Old
11-18-2003, 07:12 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Or finish bottom four this year and win the draft lottery for the next two years *lockout* and then we'd have Ovechkin and Crosby *drools*
I think I would piss myself

Ovechkin - Legwand - Crosby
as much as it being Legwand in the center hurts me,

Old
11-18-2003, 08:21 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
So basically what you're all saying is even if the next few seasons are bad ones, there's at least an up side?

Old
11-18-2003, 08:29 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
So basically what you're all saying is even if the next few seasons are bad ones, there's at least an up side?
We'd have to finish behind Columbus ugh...but we've got a possibility of finishing ahead of the Blackhawks*no thibault* this year and challenging for a spot

Old
11-18-2003, 08:32 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
quite possibily the 2 best upsides in a while..

Old
11-18-2003, 08:36 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

i personally don't think we'll end up with either ovechkin OR crosby...because we have a history of doing JUST well enough to miss out on the top 5 picks. the best we ever do is 6 or 7. while there hasn't been a better time to completely blow a season, i'd still rather make the playoffs with what we have, especially this year. for some reason, i see ovechkin as ending up something of a disappointment..but i DO see crosby as being the real deal...so...guys...if you're gonna lose an absurd amount of games...make it next year

Old
11-18-2003, 08:49 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i personally don't think we'll end up with either ovechkin OR crosby...because we have a history of doing JUST well enough to miss out on the top 5 picks. the best we ever do is 6 or 7. while there hasn't been a better time to completely blow a season, i'd still rather make the playoffs with what we have, especially this year. for some reason, i see ovechkin as ending up something of a disappointment..but i DO see crosby as being the real deal...so...guys...if you're gonna lose an absurd amount of games...make it next year
Ovechking could be a bust, so could crosby for that matter. I too would rather make the Play-offs, and man are you right about our picks. We have had the 6th pick 3 times and the 7th once. Our only 2 exceptions were Leggy at 2 and Hammer at 12. It would be nice if we could trade up to get a top pick if we miss the playoffs. A lot of "experts" has us getting the Ovechkin sweepstakes anyways. Let's hope they are wrong.

Old
11-18-2003, 09:00 AM
darth5
No!

I don't think the Preds have EVER moved up from the lottery.

Look how tight the Central is, now. BJs are close, Preds are close-- time for the Wings to plummet and the Blues to dump salary!

Old
11-18-2003, 09:12 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Ovechking could be a bust, so could crosby for that matter. I too would rather make the Play-offs, and man are you right about our picks. We have had the 6th pick 3 times and the 7th once. Our only 2 exceptions were Leggy at 2 and Hammer at 12. It would be nice if we could trade up to get a top pick if we miss the playoffs. A lot of "experts" has us getting the Ovechkin sweepstakes anyways. Let's hope they are wrong.
Hell we had to trade up to get Legwand.

Old
11-18-2003, 09:19 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

I'll still never understand why we weren't given the #1 draft position, it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:24 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Hell we had to trade up to get Legwand.
Yep that blows. Had to give the sharks our 2nd in order to move up. Ended up being Suart, Brad and Cheechoo, Jonathan for Leggy.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Yep that blows. Had to give the sharks our 2nd in order to move up. Ended up being Suart, Brad and Cheechoo, Jonathan for Leggy.
Not that I don't like Legwand or anything and I'd probably still do that trade today, could you imagine Cheechoo and Tootoo on the same line along with a defense unit made up of Stuart, Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Suter, Kimmo and Eaton?

Old
11-18-2003, 10:37 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Not that I don't like Legwand or anything and I'd probably still do that trade today, could you imagine Cheechoo and Tootoo on the same line along with a defense unit made up of Stuart, Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Suter, Kimmo and Eaton?
lol cheechoo to tootoo back to cheechoo for the one timer. Ya it would be nice, but who would be our #1 center? I still would do the trade.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:39 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

i thank our lucky stars every day that we made that trade. stuart is looking as injury prone as kloucek these days, but worse...with concussions.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:43 AM
dulzhok

The thing is, we probably didn't have to trade up. San Jose wanted Stuart all along.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:46 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
The thing is, we probably didn't have to trade up. San Jose wanted Stuart all along.
Ya and we wanted Upshall instead of Lupal, but The ducks gave us a 3rd for the same reason...to MAKE sure they got THEIR man. Florida did it with Columbus...it happens all the time.

Old
11-18-2003, 11:42 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Oh, this is my doing. I don't think we'll land him. I am just infatuated with his numbers so I decided to post him in the thread. He's not a prospect and he'll likely never be a Preds prospect unfortunately. Ovechkin, who's available for this years draft, is considered by some to be the best prospect in 10+ years. And some say Crosby will be better. Could be an exciting lottery.

Closed Thread