HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Vapor Goal Skates?

Old
09-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Doctor No
Retired

vCash: 500
Bauer Vapor Goal Skates?

Anyone tried these?

I'm having issues with my current pair of goal skates, and am looking at buying a pair of the Vapor XIX this evening (I have a game tonight and a game tomorrow - what a way to break in skates!)

Any pertinent thoughts? TIA.

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Lukko4

What are the issues with your current skates, and what skates are they?

As for the Vapors, they haven't been bad, but we have seen quite a few of the blades come out of the box crooked. The fit has been decent, a lot of goalies find them to be very comfortable. The fact that Bauer improved the sort of elastic piece on the heel has been good. Only complaint that I have frequently heard is the blades. Bauer is still using Fasteel (Carbon) on all of their blades, and that's a damn shame. CCM has gone to Stainless Steel on most of their Middle to High end skates, and you would think Bauer would follow suit.

However, the Vapor skates are decent, and are definitely worth a look.

Lukko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Doctor No
Retired

Well, I bought a pair of the XIXs last night - I'll post more details as I use them.

As for my last/current pair of skates, the footbed is cracked right where the rivets go in. So we can replace the rivet for awhile, but it loosens up in very short order.

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote