HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

AHL/ECHL article

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 12:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
AHL/ECHL article

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

The CHL/NCAA/Euro article should be done shortly.

Old
11-18-2003, 01:47 PM
habitants9_4

Not bad! A lot of positives, and very few negative remarks.

Not to be mean or anything, but I think Milroy has been somewhat of a dissapointment.

I will give him 3-4 years, before he becomes a top scorer in the AHL, and becomes a depth guy who scores, like Jason Chimera. But totally different games, Chimera is fast, Milroy has quick hands.

Old
11-18-2003, 01:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Not bad! A lot of positives, and very few negative remarks.

Not to be mean or anything, but I think Milroy has been somewhat of a dissapointment.

I will give him 3-4 years, before he becomes a top scorer in the AHL, and becomes a depth guy who scores, like Jason Chimera. But totally different games, Chimera is fast, Milroy has quick hands.

He's played in 4 games. He could have been playing in the CHL this year, as an overager, but has made the Dogs, which is a good step sort of. With Higgins, Perezhogin, Ferland, and Milroy, you got a lot of rookies on the team, and not much room. This time last year, Ryder was sitting out a lot, but after all the call ups, he got into the lineup full time, and never looked back. Milroy I think will be more like Balej from last year. Not much to write home about, but next year he should have an important role.

Old
11-18-2003, 02:02 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
He's played in 4 games. He could have been playing in the CHL this year, as an overager, but has made the Dogs, which is a good step sort of. With Higgins, Perezhogin, Ferland, and Milroy, you got a lot of rookies on the team, and not much room. This time last year, Ryder was sitting out a lot, but after all the call ups, he got into the lineup full time, and never looked back. Milroy I think will be more like Balej from last year. Not much to write home about, but next year he should have an important role.
As I recall I have seen him play in 3 games, but from those games, he only got 1 scoring chance, which is dissapointing. He has a good attitude, just doesn't seem to have good strenght or defensive efforts that Jarvis is looking for. To compare him to Ryder from last year would be harsh, because Ryder was an impact from game #1 to the end, he worked his way up lines. I would love to see Milroy do that, but he just doesn't have the right skills yet. I think he will take a lot of time to get there, and I was simply pointing out the fact that there is a lot of positives, but hey thats what fans want to hear.

Old
11-18-2003, 02:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
As I recall I have seen him play in 3 games, but from those games, he only got 1 scoring chance, which is dissapointing. He has a good attitude, just doesn't seem to have good strenght or defensive efforts that Jarvis is looking for. To compare him to Ryder from last year would be harsh, because Ryder was an impact from game #1 to the end, he worked his way up lines. I would love to see Milroy do that, but he just doesn't have the right skills yet. I think he will take a lot of time to get there, and I was simply pointing out the fact that there is a lot of positives, but hey thats what fans want to hear.

I wasn't comparing him to Ryder, just Ryder's situation. Ryder sat out early on and when he played he got limited ice time. Milroy is years behind Ryder in terms of development, but I was just trying to point out that sitting out isn't that bad. The team has a lot of fire power, so Milroy will have a tough time getting ice time.

I thought he was ok in the game I saw him play. He seemed timid and didn't get involved, seemed afraid to make a mistake offensievly. It's hard to get it going when you miss a few weeks of the start of the season, and then get little ice time in return.

I think he has the skills to be on the top lines, but no the confidence. His wrist shot is deadly, one of the better ones I've seen. He has to work hard on the baords, but I think he's very smart positionally. I do have concerns over his size/speed, but like I said I think next year will be more telling.

Closed Thread