HEMW5

vCash: 500
Sting and Colts Make A Deal

Breaking News

Chatham Native And The Newest Member Of The Sting Mike Roelofsen
Sting And Colts Complete A Pair Of Deals
Mike Roelofsen Is The Newest Member Of The Sting

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sarnia, ON Sarnia Sting General Manager Alan Millar announced this afternoon the club has completed a trade with the Barrie Colts.
The Sting send Richard Clune to the Colts in exchange for Mike Roelofsen, a 3rd round pick in 2007, a 3rd round pick in 2008 and an 8th round pick in 2008.

Roelofsen a native of Chatham was the 12th overall pick by the Belleville Bulls in the 2003 OHL Priority Selection going on to score 40 points in his rookie season and was later acquired by the Colts during the 2004-2005 season.

In a seperate deal the Sting sent defenceman Tyson Aitcheson to the Colts for future considerations.

Looking forward to opinions on this, I looked up Roelofsen's stats not sure what exactly was so great or we just in that much of a hurry to be rid of Clune ?

HEMW5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 07:59 PM
dylan

Send a message via MSN to dylan
woah. another sarnia resident.

interesting deal, cant wait for the home opener.

dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 07:19 AM
jwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAN102 View Post
Breaking News

Chatham Native And The Newest Member Of The Sting Mike Roelofsen
Sting And Colts Complete A Pair Of Deals
Mike Roelofsen Is The Newest Member Of The Sting

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sarnia, ON Sarnia Sting General Manager Alan Millar announced this afternoon the club has completed a trade with the Barrie Colts.
The Sting send Richard Clune to the Colts in exchange for Mike Roelofsen, a 3rd round pick in 2007, a 3rd round pick in 2008 and an 8th round pick in 2008.

Roelofsen a native of Chatham was the 12th overall pick by the Belleville Bulls in the 2003 OHL Priority Selection going on to score 40 points in his rookie season and was later acquired by the Colts during the 2004-2005 season.

In a seperate deal the Sting sent defenceman Tyson Aitcheson to the Colts for future considerations.

Looking forward to opinions on this, I looked up Roelofsen's stats not sure what exactly was so great or we just in that much of a hurry to be rid of Clune ?
A first glance it appears that Millar didn't get fair value for Clune. However, it looks like there is a second deal in behind this one,where he may move the picks for something else - so I would say the jury's out until we see part 2 of the deal.

jwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Default101

Gregg Carrigan or Mike McCann must suck some pretty good **** to get Millar to agree to this one, I obviously gave Alan Millar way too much credit when i said he wouldn't throw away one of their top players for a spare part and draft picks, this is just really stupid because they had Clune in a really bad position he's one year off of Iowa eligibility so he'd have to either play or be delt for a comparable player or risk screwing up his career, i hope mashinter smashes his face in when we play barrie, then i'd feel better, Clune wasn't the greatest fighter but always willing so hopefully the sting use that to send a message, yet another OHL player *****es and complains and gets exactly what he wants, and the team gets nothing out of it.

This is a small player (5'11") that plays Center, something we have way too much of, he is not physical at all, and scored 40 points in his rookie season and hasn't even been able to come close to getting a point per game since then, he can't even crack 10 goals as an 18 year old, check his game by game last year, 75% of his points were in the 6 weeks of the season, then he played uselessly for the last 3 months it hink it's 32 GP with 8 points? oh and some draft picks, Millar must not have looked this over, 3rd round picks take a year to draft (1 in 07, 2 in 08), 1 to develop, and 1 to have their rookie season which usually isn't that good, that means that Sarnia will have not even got any potential for an impact of this deal untill 2010, long after every talented player they've aquired through their high draft picks are long gone, this trade is extremely frusturating and makes me hope Dino or Rob ***** slap's him for making this deal. Maybe he felt the responsibility as being a member of Sting management that he needed to make up for the Power, Tenute deal we made with them a few years ago lol

Last edited by Default101: 09-16-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Ryan Womeldorf
Hockey's Future Staff

You suggest Sarnia had this player in a really bad position yet now that is not the case... might not be out of the question that the management was the ones who placed themselves in a bad position - reasons of which might not really ever be public information - and as a result they had to make the move? just a question that might explain it and perhaps help you focus your criticism to the rightful recipient(s) vs writing this off to another player whinning and getting what they want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg View Post
Gregg Carrigan or Mike McCann must suck some pretty good **** to get Millar to agree to this one, I obviously gave Alan Millar way too much credit when i said he wouldn't throw away one of their top players for a spare part and draft picks, this is just really stupid because they had Clune in a really bad position he's one year off of Iowa eligibility so he'd have to either play or be delt for a comparable player or risk screwing up his career, i hope mashinter smashes his face in when we play barrie, then i'd feel better, Clune wasn't the greatest fighter but always willing so hopefully the sting use that to send a message, yet another OHL player *****es and complains and gets exactly what he wants, and the team gets nothing out of it.

This is a small player (5'11") that plays Center, something we have way too much of, he is not physical at all, and scored 40 points in his rookie season and hasn't even been able to come close to getting a point per game since then, he can't even crack 10 goals as an 18 year old, check his game by game last year, 75% of his points were in the 6 weeks of the season, then he played uselessly for the last 3 months it hink it's 32 GP with 8 points? oh and some draft picks, Millar must not have looked this over, 3rd round picks take a year to draft (1 in 07, 2 in 08), 1 to develop, and 1 to have their rookie season which usually isn't that good, that means that Sarnia will have not even got any potential for an impact of this deal untill 2010, long after every talented player they've aquired through their high draft picks are long gone, this trade is extremely frusturating and makes me hope Dino or Rob ***** slap's him for making this deal. Maybe he felt the responsibility as being a member of Sting management that he needed to make up for the Power, Tenute deal we made with them a few years ago lol

Ryan Womeldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Default101

well you seem to be implying that you have quite a bit of information so why don't you explain and then people can put their own opinions behind it? Basic public fact is that Richard Clune decided to holdout, whatever it is doesn't seem to be affecting his play as he did decent for Dallas at the rookie tournament. On top of that the basic fact is that he is ineligible to play in any other league in North America than the CHL team that drafted him untill next year, those rules might be stretched if it was based on abuse of the team but Clune is the one that said he wouldn't show, therefore if Sarnia Management decided well if your not going to play for us then your not going to play for someone else, which they could do through the 2006-07 season untill Sarnia was eliminated from competition, if Sarnia misses the playoffs then by all means Clune could sign with Iowa on a tryout contract on March 18th., 2007 but if he chooses to holdout and Sarnia refuses to trade him then he can't play anywhere else in the continent, so unless you have any further information i don't see why you can critisize everyone elses opinion without having your own.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 03:30 PM
W Jets fan

Mike McCann is not in Barrie this yr.

W Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote