HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lars Jonsson?

Old
09-14-2006, 08:32 PM
captaincheat

vCash: 500
Lars Jonsson?

Any truth to the 'top 4 with PP time' for Lars this year? Looks like a better fit than Bomber. Or is Freddy Meyer going to pair up with Pitkanin?

captaincheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 08:43 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
while id like to see hatcher or gauthier sitting out i dont think its gonna happen.
expect:

pitkanen-rathje
hatcher-meyer
baum-gauthier
johnsson

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 07:38 AM
iceman42

He's going to be a rookie, I dont think Hitch will allow top 4 w/ PP time. I know hes looked good but that was rookie camp.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 11:07 AM
malfeasance

When did he stop playing drums for Metallica?

malfeasance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 11:14 AM
MojoJojo

Why is everyone SO high on Meyer? I mean, he had a nice rookie season, but has not exactly established himself. Basically he turned out to be the type of player we thought Seidenberg would be. If Jonsson is as good as reports indicate, he could very well knock him out of the line up alltogether, depending on who they want to sit as the seventh D. Personally I like the guy, but the praise for him and everyone having him as a lock for the top four is a little over the top.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 11:48 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Why is everyone SO high on Meyer? I mean, he had a nice rookie season, but has not exactly established himself.
I think I cannot name a Flyer defenseman who was steadier last year.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Why is everyone SO high on Meyer? I mean, he had a nice rookie season, but has not exactly established himself. Basically he turned out to be the type of player we thought Seidenberg would be. If Jonsson is as good as reports indicate, he could very well knock him out of the line up alltogether, depending on who they want to sit as the seventh D. Personally I like the guy, but the praise for him and everyone having him as a lock for the top four is a little over the top.
Reports on Lars?
Come on man, the guy has not played game one of NHL hockey. He has what appears to be a good blend of size, speed and talent but until the product is on the ice it counts for nothing. If he was a lock for an NHL roster we would not have gotten him so easily. I hope he is all that and a bag of chips and plays into the top 4 but Meyer has shown you what he has and that is a decent puck moving 4-5 guy.

Rex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 12:10 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I think I cannot name a Flyer defenseman who was steadier last year.
agreed. meyer is excellent at taking the man to the boards and nuetralizing him one -on-one . ilike him a lot. he'll get more respect next year im sure.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Larry44

Quote:
We'll have to see how they all play. Will Meyer take a step back? Will Jonsson step and make team? Will Timonen earn a spot? Baumgartner's play is going to be critical - and the pairings will be interesting. Basically, there are 5 spots filled with one to go, assuming Rathje starts the season healthy enough to play:

Pitkanen-Rathje
Hatcher - Baumgartner (Nolan may end up paired with Gauthier too)
Gauthier - ??? Meyer/Jonsson/Jones/Picard/Timonen.

You have to assume it's Meyer's job to lose.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 04:34 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Pitkanen-Rathje
Hatcher - Baumgartner (Nolan may end up paired with Gauthier too)
Gauthier - ??? Meyer/Jonsson/Jones/Picard/Timonen.
This is a perfect way to show why i get confused when I hear people on here talking about how our D is weak?

How is that a weak D? So many options if some don't work out.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
I think it was shortly after the world hated him for the Napster debacle. He changed his last name and started playing hockey. Who knew he would actually be good?

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 04:49 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime View Post
I think it was shortly after the world hated him for the Napster debacle. He changed his last name and started playing hockey. Who knew he would actually be good?
who said he's good?

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 11:16 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan View Post
agreed. meyer is excellent at taking the man to the boards and nuetralizing him one -on-one . ilike him a lot. he'll get more respect next year im sure.
definitely agree. I think he was the most fundamentally sound dman on the team last year. He made some stupid rookie mistakes, but that is to be expected. I think he can be a very, very steady #4 dman for years.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 07:28 AM
tytech

Quote:

You mean he's turning into Kim Johnson and not just what we thought Seids would be. That I would agree with, anthing else is a waste of precious KB's.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
meyer was solid in every way last year. i remeber someone did a stat of best GAA for a defenseman and he was in the top 10 for GA per 60 minutes of play.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
This is a perfect way to show why i get confused when I hear people on here talking about how our D is weak?

How is that a weak D? So many options if some don't work out.
There is a lot of young potential with the Flyers D - but the weakness lies in Rathje and Hatcher - if they both play a ton of bad minutes then Flyers D will be awful just like last year. Those two are more than enough to ruin a defensive corp. BUT if they play less and play reasonably well then it's a whole different situation. Hitch has to have lost some of his obsession with riding those two as much as he did. Especially when you have guys like Picard and Jonsson waiting to play.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Chimp

All this talk about Hatcher's (lack of) speed just reminds me of a Swedish commentator (Nicklas Wikegård) who bickered on the Swedish effort in the game USA - Sweden in the Olympics.

USA was playing SH and Hatcher got the puck. He slooowly gliided into the Swedish zone, dumped the puck and then the commentator started: "We have to put a halt to the gliding outhouse much earlier!" I don't know about you, but we found it hilarious.

Any way, continuing a little OT, the man has also has some other quotes like:
"There came the check. Thank you for the coffee."
"Nail polishplayer"
"Have to dare to put dirt on the nose"
"... live (apartmentwise) in the face of your opponents..."
"Insignificantly faster than a hot dog stand" (Hatcher again?)
"Having pine cones in their ears" (players not listening to their coach)

Oh well, back on topic.

Last edited by Chimp: 09-18-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 08:23 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
Who do the Flyers' have that is better than him besides Pitkanen? If this is the way were thinking, maybe we can hope to pick up Phaneuf off waivers. Meyer is underrated if anything.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
There is a lot of young potential with the Flyers D - but the weakness lies in Rathje and Hatcher - if they both play a ton of bad minutes then Flyers D will be awful just like last year. Those two are more than enough to ruin a defensive corp.
I totally disagree. Both played good, especially Rathje, until they got hurt. Rathje could barely walk and was getting shot up before each game just to play. If they didn't have so many injuries he wouldn't have played. Don't forget with those two in the lineup they were in 1st in the entire NHL and the defense was fine.

Everyone remembers the end of the season when the entire team was on fumes due to the amount of injuries.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 07:30 AM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
I totally disagree. Both played good, especially Rathje, until they got hurt. Rathje could barely walk and was getting shot up before each game just to play. If they didn't have so many injuries he wouldn't have played. Don't forget with those two in the lineup they were in 1st in the entire NHL and the defense was fine.

Everyone remembers the end of the season when the entire team was on fumes due to the amount of injuries.

But can Hatcher's ailing knees keep healthy? I don't think so, so either Picard or Lars should get plenty of call up time

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg View Post
But can Hatcher's ailing knees keep healthy? I don't think so, so either Picard or Lars should get plenty of call up time
That's a good question. I don't love Hatch but he's not nearly as bad as most portray him to be. Rathje on the other hand is a solid defensemen he was just hurt.

I'd love to see either of those guys come up if they are ready for the NHL.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 08:23 AM
facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
thats funny- you know hitch he is the master of puppets- lars will be trapped under ice in know time.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
All this talk about Hatcher's (lack of) speed just reminds me of a Swedish commentator (Nicklas Wikegård) who bickered on the Swedish effort in the game USA - Sweden in the Olympics.

USA was playing SH and Hatcher got the puck. He slooowly gliided into the Swedish zone, dumped the puck and then the commentator started: "We have to put a halt to the gliding outhouse much earlier!" I don't know about you, but we found it hilarious.

Any way, continuing a little OT, the man has also has some other quotes like:
"There came the check. Thank you for the coffee."
"Nail polishplayer"
"Have to dare to put dirt on the nose"
"... live (apartmentwise) in the face of your opponents..."
"Insignificantly faster than a hot dog stand" (Hatcher again?)
"Having pine cones in their ears" (players not listening to their coach)

Oh well, back on topic.
Don't forget SMACKEBONK!

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 07:06 PM
malfeasance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
the gliding outhouse

You could've only said those 3 words and I would've known exactly who you were talking about.

malfeasance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 01:21 AM
NashisCash

So did Jonsson even play tonight? I kept listening for his name but I never heard it.

NashisCash is offline   Reply With Quote