HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Heritage Classic

View Poll Results: How many gm's will be at the game?
Oilers and Habs only 1 3.85%
3-6 9 34.62%
6-10 3 11.54%
10 or more 6 23.08%
almost all 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Heritage Classic

Couple of things to watch for at "the game".

1) A grey Cup tribute, no better place than on sacred Eskie soil
2) A trade or two. I'll be surprised if there aren't a whole schwack of GM's at the big schmoozerama in the v.i.p tent and it's getting to the time of the season when teams have had enough time to evaluate their on-ice product and are ready to try and shore up their areas of weakness b4 it's too late.

Trenchcoat Lowe: "Pssssst!! Hey Mad Mike, you lookin' to score?"
Mad Mike: "Yeah man, real bad. I got the shakes. Whatchoo got?"
Lowe: "The usual; MC's, Tommy's, Chimmers, JR's, and maybe even a Superstar Steve if you're willing to pay"
Mad Mike: "I gave up on the Tommy's a long time ago, that messed me up too much. I'll take a..."

On a serious note, this may be the one time that a pro sports team really does draw money into the local economy from afar, an absolute stroke of genius from the Lowe/Nichols brain trust. Vancouver radio stations have been talking about this game for quite a while now and I imagine it's like that all over Canada and in the northern U.S. hockey hotbed. Edm is THE place to be this Saturday. Can't wait.

You guys think any other gm's will be there?

Old
11-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Trenchcoat Lowe: "Pssssst!! Hey Mad Mike, you lookin' to score?"
Mad Mike: "Yeah man, real bad. I got the shakes. Whatchoo got?"
Lowe: "The usual; MC's, Tommy's, Chimmers, JR's, and maybe even a Superstar Steve if you're willing to pay"
Mad Mike: "I gave up on the Tommy's a long time ago, that messed me up too much. I'll take a..."
Heh very nice post.. just try and imagine K-Lowe in a trenchcoat talking like that, it's quite the mental image Sather will definitely be there.. I personally don't think many other GM's will be there however. Maybe a NYR/Oiler trade happens.. imagine Coach Sather trying to swing a deal with his #2 defenceman Kevin Lowe in between shifts heh

Old
11-18-2003, 01:04 PM
Master Lok

Ok imagine this at the Heritage Classic:

<tweet!>
Lowe shifts off to bench.
Glen: Say... we were talking about Comrie remember?
Kevin: oh yah! What was it? Lundmark and Tyutin?
Glen: I thought it was Carter and Poti.
Kevin: no, no one ever comes back to Edmonton except in Oldtimers games.

Glen: Hmm... What about Poti and Lundmark?

Kevin: Tyutin and Lundmark. maybe I'll take all your kids who have shattered confidences... whathisname... Blackburn!

Wayne (pipes in): still talking about Comrie huh? yah, he would look good in Phoenix here. Hmm... I heard that Edmonton is hurting for faceoffs how about Sillinger?

Kevin (laughs): Oh Wayne, still kidding around...

Glen (aside to Mark): uhoh. Wayne's interested, got to get this kid.
Mark (aside to Glen): remember Glen, maybe Comrie wouldn't be too bad. I was thinking of retiring next season and coaching the Rangers for you. I guess we need another centre then. And Eric is looking pretty beat up.

Kevin (to Wayne): make it Doan and Mara and you've got a deal.
Wayne (laughs)

Glen (desperately thinking all this laughing is not good): ok, how about Blackburn, Tyutin and Lundmark for Comrie. can you throw in a draft pick or something to help us out?

Kevin: Sure Glen... Sure... I'll give ya a 3rd rounder with Comrie then.

It's possible!!!!

Old
11-18-2003, 01:26 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Ok imagine this at the Heritage Classic:

Lowe shifts off to bench.
Glen: Say... we were talking about Comrie remember?
Kevin: oh yah! What was it? Lundmark and Tyutin?
Glen: I thought it was Carter and Poti.
Kevin: no, no one ever comes back to Edmonton except in Oldtimers games.

Glen: Hmm... What about Poti and Lundmark?

Kevin: Tyutin and Lundmark. maybe I'll take all your kids who have shattered confidences... whathisname... Blackburn!

Wayne (pipes in): still talking about Comrie huh? yah, he would look good in Phoenix here. Hmm... I heard that Edmonton is hurting for faceoffs how about Sillinger?

Kevin (laughs): Oh Wayne, still kidding around...

Glen (aside to Mark): uhoh. Wayne's interested, got to get this kid.
Mark (aside to Glen): remember Glen, maybe Comrie wouldn't be too bad. I was thinking of retiring next season and coaching the Rangers for you. I guess we need another centre then. And Eric is looking pretty beat up.

Kevin (to Wayne): make it Doan and Mara and you've got a deal.
Wayne (laughs)

Glen (desperately thinking all this laughing is not good): ok, how about Blackburn, Tyutin and Lundmark for Comrie. can you throw in a draft pick or something to help us out?

Kevin: Sure Glen... Sure... I'll give ya a 3rd rounder with Comrie then.

It's possible!!!!
Yes, yes it is possible, seeing as how Lowe is the host (he has control of the drinks). Get 'em loaded Lowe!!! Take advantage of them!!

Closed Thread