HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospects Stats/Info/Articles (PLAYOFF STATS)

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Here are some thoughts from HFD:s game last night.

Ryan Callahan of course had a tremendous game. Getting a hat-trick within 35 minutes is pretty impressive. Callahan definitely have a nose for the net, I think he is a bit behind Dawes and Prucha in the sniper department thought. He gets his goals from being in the right position, more then from beating goaltenders square. He also got very serviceable hands. Not flashy but he gets the puck with so to speak. Callahan is definitely a fighter, he wins allot of small battles on the ice, he seems to have deceptive strength. Ryan have great acceleration, and good breakaway speed, but there still seems to be something missing in his skating. He do not cover allot of ice, he kind of stands still too much. Parts of it is definitely playing a higher level then what he is used to, the game is so much faster and in order to not get out of position you must slow down and think at times. This is Callahan's by far biggest weakness. Someone with his size/skill set must stand out at the NHL level with the amount of ice he covers per shift. Think how Mike York always seemed to be all over the ice in the NHL. Callahan is almost having the same impact in the AHL, as York had in the NHL. I think Ryan at best is around 2 years away from making a impact, if his development curve can skyrocket. The hockey sense, attitude and skill-level is there, the temp isn't. He must take his tempo from being avg in the AHL to good/great in the NHL.

Dwight Helminen had a good game. What I like the most, is that he don't play like a kid anymore. He seems to be more determined, more mature, more relaxed with the puck. Dwight is definitely a good hockey player. He is a better hockey player then last year. He do have great speed. I am not sure if to be excited about him, or not. Helminen is 5'11, and built in a slender fashion. He is very weak around the boards, and are often knocked down. He is also not especially good with the puck, and his shot is nothing to talk about. But he have good defensive awareness, and he have world class breakaway speed. If he can stay healthy for another season in the AHL, and then somehow gets a foot into the NHL, he could establish himself up here with his speed. I do believe Helminen is quit deep down on our depth chart, that itself is a great grade for our system right now.

Jarkko Immonen also had a good game. But also a typical Jarkko Immonen game. Jarkko where invisible from the start, HFD then got a ton of PP:s, Jarkko went from invisible to OK, then San Antonio started felling trough, Jarkko got more chances and went from OK to really good. No doubt, Immonen is just great at executing plays. He definitely is very good at taking advantage of what ever room he gets. Whether its to make a small play or a big play. But the big problem is that he don't create any room for himself. Not with his skating, not with his speed and not with his hockey sense a la Marc Savard. Jarkko plays a strict team game, until the puck ends up on his stick on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2. He also don't have the intensity to be a good fit as a 3-4th lineer.

Lauri Korpikoski were (thank you Chimp!) the player who impressed me the most. And I expected pretty much from him to start with. Granted, San Antonio played for the 2nd night in a row, HFD killed the game pretty early, and had no intentions to lay, there were allot of guys on the ice looking to boost their stats. I don't expect Lauri to be as dominating as he were last night, on a night by night basis. But its great to see him trying to play a dominating style. Once he got the puck, all night, he made difficult world class plays. Heads up passes, good one-on-one moves, blasted away from all over the ice ect. If he lost the puck, 9 out of 10 times he won it back with in seconds. Its also great to see his natural skill level. He where heads and shoulders above everyone else on the ice in that department last night. Very smooth and controlled. Have a great stride, and skates really well. Korpi actually ran HFD:s 1st PP unit, and did it well. His setup to Callahan's 2nd goal where Jagr:ish. He humiliated 2 D's before giving Cally a open net. The two other assists he got where 2nd assists. But it where Korpi who set up a high passing tempo on both of them. Something he did all night. Moving the puck safe and fast, something you don't see to much of in the AHL, where the puck more then often just are hit around the boards. The bottom line is that Korpikoski played a helluva lot better last night then he did in the PO's last season. That kind of improvement is always great to see!

Hugh Jessiman basically got zero PP time during the first 2 periods, and therefor not much TOI. He plays on the 2nd line with Immonen-Moore 5 on 5. Dubinsky takes his spot on the PP. I got to say though, that Jessiman is a great skater for someone his size. I mean he is so much faster then Adam Hall, and is what 3 inches taller? Hugh definitely had no problems keeping up with the tempo last night, something he had big problems with last year. With the puck he played pretty well. A line with Hugh, Dubi and Moore had a tremendous 1 minute shift where they circled the puck in the attacking zone. Hugh must find his niche offensively. How much longer can we hang on to him before he have to pass waivers? Jessiman is a project. He is not effective at all offensively, but its not like he make bad plays, like for example Fedor Federov. But he skates well, he have tremendous size ect. I just have a hard time seeing him not making it to the NHL some day. With good coaching and with good work ethic, it shouldn't be so darn hard to mold Jessiman into a good player at the NHL level. In terms of raw talent he got everything. I am giving up all hopes of him becoming any kind of goto player even on a 2nd line. But I still wouldn't be surprised if he become a good 3rd lineer. Still something don't feel right here.

Greg Moore where the one of the top 6 forwards in HFD who I where the least impressive with. Hugh definitely impressed more, and thats a shocker. I loved what I saw from Moore in camp though. But last night he had trouble handling the puck. He had trouble getting involved. Didn't position himself well. The game in the AHL is very stereotyped. Moore is a very smart player, and besides being strong like a bull, and handling the puck well, its his smarts that gets him by. Smarts are allot more valuable in the NHL then in the AHL at times. I where never a big fan of Ryan McGill. But Greg Moore is the type of player who could have needed a year of McGill coaching. Playing like we are doing right now are benefiting guys like Korpikoski, Helminen, Dubinsky, Immonen and co allot. Guys like Moore and Jessiman would probably benefit more with McGill then Schoney. My point is that I would like to see more hard fore checking and extremely tight checking overall from Moore and Hugh, a la Holly and Ortmayer, and less finesse hockey.

Brandon Dubinsky just have a great touch in the attacking zone. But he skates like a young foal. I think Dubi will become a really good player. Though, he kind of reminds me of a young Henrik Sedin. The Sedins didn't really break through until they where 24-25 y/o. I think we will see the same timetable for Dubi. He definitely shouldn't be rushed. Dubi have been told that he where really close to making the NHL for two straight camps now. I personally am not foreign letting him play another year in the AHL after this season, especially if we want him to become a 1st/2nd line center. Dubi played with Byers and Weller on the 3rd line. Its a great position for him right now, since he is given a big role in the transition game, his biggest weakness. Though he could also use a year as a top center in the AHL.

Byers had a good aggressive game. He must work really hard though and get to Ortmayer heights on defense before he could challenge for a spot in the NHL. Don't see it happening, while its not impossible.

HFD dominated pretty much the entire game. So its hard to grade Kaspars game. There where at least no negatives. And it where good to see Kaspar being really excited when he picked up a assist!

The D's overall didn't leave much impression. They just weren't challenged much. Lampman definitely lead the team last night. Richter and Kaspar looked like man among boys in their own end, like Fetisov and Kasatonov for the big red machine... I think Baranka where a healthy scratch.

On HFD in general, it would be great if they could make the PO's this year. Especially for the confident in the group. Last night they looked like a really well balanced team. I think its possible for them to get back on track. Last night they got a ton of scoring from shooting the puck from the blue line, and crashing the net. Much of it due to San Antonio not having the jump to pressure HFD's blue line. Against teams that can do that they are a bit to thin offensively to really put pressure offensively. Though in terms of talent they are a PO team.

Old
11-12-2006, 10:06 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Thanks for that great recap Ola. Loved what you said about Korpi, can't wait to see him in another year or so.

And you sure picked a great game to watch..maybe you should order some more, you help out the Packs offense

Old
11-12-2006, 12:13 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Here are some thoughts from HFD:s game last night.

Ryan Callahan of course had a tremendous game. Getting a hat-trick within 35 minutes is pretty impressive. Callahan definitely have a nose for the net, I think he is a bit behind Dawes and Prucha in the sniper department thought. He gets his goals from being in the right position, more then from beating goaltenders square. He also got very serviceable hands. Not flashy but he gets the puck with so to speak. Callahan is definitely a fighter, he wins allot of small battles on the ice, he seems to have deceptive strength. Ryan have great acceleration, and good breakaway speed, but there still seems to be something missing in his skating. He do not cover allot of ice, he kind of stands still too much. Parts of it is definitely playing a higher level then what he is used to, the game is so much faster and in order to not get out of position you must slow down and think at times. This is Callahan's by far biggest weakness. Someone with his size/skill set must stand out at the NHL level with the amount of ice he covers per shift. Think how Mike York always seemed to be all over the ice in the NHL. Callahan is almost having the same impact in the AHL, as York had in the NHL. I think Ryan at best is around 2 years away from making a impact, if his development curve can skyrocket. The hockey sense, attitude and skill-level is there, the temp isn't. He must take his tempo from being avg in the AHL to good/great in the NHL.

Dwight Helminen had a good game. What I like the most, is that he don't play like a kid anymore. He seems to be more determined, more mature, more relaxed with the puck. Dwight is definitely a good hockey player. He is a better hockey player then last year. He do have great speed. I am not sure if to be excited about him, or not. Helminen is 5'11, and built in a slender fashion. He is very weak around the boards, and are often knocked down. He is also not especially good with the puck, and his shot is nothing to talk about. But he have good defensive awareness, and he have world class breakaway speed. If he can stay healthy for another season in the AHL, and then somehow gets a foot into the NHL, he could establish himself up here with his speed. I do believe Helminen is quit deep down on our depth chart, that itself is a great grade for our system right now.

Jarkko Immonen also had a good game. But also a typical Jarkko Immonen game. Jarkko where invisible from the start, HFD then got a ton of PP:s, Jarkko went from invisible to OK, then San Antonio started felling trough, Jarkko got more chances and went from OK to really good. No doubt, Immonen is just great at executing plays. He definitely is very good at taking advantage of what ever room he gets. Whether its to make a small play or a big play. But the big problem is that he don't create any room for himself. Not with his skating, not with his speed and not with his hockey sense a la Marc Savard. Jarkko plays a strict team game, until the puck ends up on his stick on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2. He also don't have the intensity to be a good fit as a 3-4th lineer.

Lauri Korpikoski were (thank you Chimp!) the player who impressed me the most. And I expected pretty much from him to start with. Granted, San Antonio played for the 2nd night in a row, HFD killed the game pretty early, and had no intentions to lay, there were allot of guys on the ice looking to boost their stats. I don't expect Lauri to be as dominating as he were last night, on a night by night basis. But its great to see him trying to play a dominating style. Once he got the puck, all night, he made difficult world class plays. Heads up passes, good one-on-one moves, blasted away from all over the ice ect. If he lost the puck, 9 out of 10 times he won it back with in seconds. Its also great to see his natural skill level. He where heads and shoulders above everyone else on the ice in that department last night. Very smooth and controlled. Have a great stride, and skates really well. Korpi actually ran HFD:s 1st PP unit, and did it well. His setup to Callahan's 2nd goal where Jagr:ish. He humiliated 2 D's before giving Cally a open net. The two other assists he got where 2nd assists. But it where Korpi who set up a high passing tempo on both of them. Something he did all night. Moving the puck safe and fast, something you don't see to much of in the AHL, where the puck more then often just are hit around the boards. The bottom line is that Korpikoski played a helluva lot better last night then he did in the PO's last season. That kind of improvement is always great to see!

Hugh Jessiman basically got zero PP time during the first 2 periods, and therefor not much TOI. He plays on the 2nd line with Immonen-Moore 5 on 5. Dubinsky takes his spot on the PP. I got to say though, that Jessiman is a great skater for someone his size. I mean he is so much faster then Adam Hall, and is what 3 inches taller? Hugh definitely had no problems keeping up with the tempo last night, something he had big problems with last year. With the puck he played pretty well. A line with Hugh, Dubi and Moore had a tremendous 1 minute shift where they circled the puck in the attacking zone. Hugh must find his niche offensively. How much longer can we hang on to him before he have to pass waivers? Jessiman is a project. He is not effective at all offensively, but its not like he make bad plays, like for example Fedor Federov. But he skates well, he have tremendous size ect. I just have a hard time seeing him not making it to the NHL some day. With good coaching and with good work ethic, it shouldn't be so darn hard to mold Jessiman into a good player at the NHL level. In terms of raw talent he got everything. I am giving up all hopes of him becoming any kind of goto player even on a 2nd line. But I still wouldn't be surprised if he become a good 3rd lineer. Still something don't feel right here.

Greg Moore where the one of the top 6 forwards in HFD who I where the least impressive with. Hugh definitely impressed more, and thats a shocker. I loved what I saw from Moore in camp though. But last night he had trouble handling the puck. He had trouble getting involved. Didn't position himself well. The game in the AHL is very stereotyped. Moore is a very smart player, and besides being strong like a bull, and handling the puck well, its his smarts that gets him by. Smarts are allot more valuable in the NHL then in the AHL at times. I where never a big fan of Ryan McGill. But Greg Moore is the type of player who could have needed a year of McGill coaching. Playing like we are doing right now are benefiting guys like Korpikoski, Helminen, Dubinsky, Immonen and co allot. Guys like Moore and Jessiman would probably benefit more with McGill then Schoney. My point is that I would like to see more hard fore checking and extremely tight checking overall from Moore and Hugh, a la Holly and Ortmayer, and less finesse hockey.

Brandon Dubinsky just have a great touch in the attacking zone. But he skates like a young foal. I think Dubi will become a really good player. Though, he kind of reminds me of a young Henrik Sedin. The Sedins didn't really break through until they where 24-25 y/o. I think we will see the same timetable for Dubi. He definitely shouldn't be rushed. Dubi have been told that he where really close to making the NHL for two straight camps now. I personally am not foreign letting him play another year in the AHL after this season, especially if we want him to become a 1st/2nd line center. Dubi played with Byers and Weller on the 3rd line. Its a great position for him right now, since he is given a big role in the transition game, his biggest weakness. Though he could also use a year as a top center in the AHL.

Byers had a good aggressive game. He must work really hard though and get to Ortmayer heights on defense before he could challenge for a spot in the NHL. Don't see it happening, while its not impossible.

HFD dominated pretty much the entire game. So its hard to grade Kaspars game. There where at least no negatives. And it where good to see Kaspar being really excited when he picked up a assist!

The D's overall didn't leave much impression. They just weren't challenged much. Lampman definitely lead the team last night. Richter and Kaspar looked like man among boys in their own end, like Fetisov and Kasatonov for the big red machine... I think Baranka where a healthy scratch.

On HFD in general, it would be great if they could make the PO's this year. Especially for the confident in the group. Last night they looked like a really well balanced team. I think its possible for them to get back on track. Last night they got a ton of scoring from shooting the puck from the blue line, and crashing the net. Much of it due to San Antonio not having the jump to pressure HFD's blue line. Against teams that can do that they are a bit to thin offensively to really put pressure offensively. Though in terms of talent they are a PO team.
Great work, Ola. Speaking as someone who has yet to watch a HFD game though, isn't there a certain point at which you simply say Callahan is one of those guys who figures out ways to score? You know, one of those guys whose results are always better than his scouting report - like Brett Hull and Luc Robataille? (Not that I'm suggesting he'll score 500+ goals.)

Others have said it earlier in the season, but I think it bears repeating - we have to remember that this is a very young team full of players that haven't played together before. After a very disappointing start, they appear to have turned the corner (interesting that the turnaround seems to have coincided with Kaspar's demotion...) and are now moving in the right direction. For anyone who was somewhat disheartened with our vaunted prospect pool, I would suggest that you judge HFD on how they finish the year and pay no attention to how they started.

Old
11-12-2006, 07:43 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Pack lost tonight 4-1. Dubinsky with the only goal from Callahan and Byers.

For some reason the coaching staff started Valiquette in back to back games and it cost the Pack. He gave up 3 goals on 11 shots through 2 periods. Montoya was put in after the 3rd goal and stopped all 8 shots he faced. Pack gave up an EN goal at the end.

Old
11-12-2006, 09:36 PM
caldercup0

Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
After scoring a goal last night, Martin Richter went right back to being invisible and not doing anything tonight.

11 games... 1 goal, -5 rating... I expected more from him. I realize the whole team is struggling production wise, but I haven't noticed him at all this season.

Old
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldercup0 View Post
After scoring a goal last night, Martin Richter went right back to being invisible and not doing anything tonight.

11 games... 1 goal, -5 rating... I expected more from him. I realize the whole team is struggling production wise, but I haven't noticed him at all this season.
have u heard rumors of Kasper being dealt?? http://www.outsidethegarden.com/boar...=16335&start=1 Pack Attack says he was dealt.

Old
11-13-2006, 12:09 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Staal v. Sanguinetti

Sanguinetti seems to be having a great season in Owen Sound so far. Do you still rank Staal ahead of him (as far as projected scoring future), or do you think Bobby is about equal to Marc. Just curious to hear how these two rank against each other from the people that have been watching them closely.

Thanks

Old
11-13-2006, 02:45 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain View Post
Sanguinetti seems to be having a great season in Owen Sound so far. Do you still rank Staal ahead of him (as far as projected scoring future), or do you think Bobby is about equal to Marc. Just curious to hear how these two rank against each other from the people that have been watching them closely.

Thanks
Staal is still quite a bit ahead of Sanguinetti IMO. But hes he's still a year younger and Staal for his age is already a very mature defenseman...so who knows in a few years but again, Staal is definitely ahead of him as of right now.

Old
11-13-2006, 03:03 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Don Maloney told John Giannone last week the Rangers may have been too hasty in sending Marc Staal back to Sudbury considering the current state of the Rangers defense

Old
11-13-2006, 05:01 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Don Maloney told John Giannone last week the Rangers may have been too hasty in sending Marc Staal back to Sudbury considering the current state of the Rangers defense
I think the scenario of Staal joining the Rangers after his Sudbury season discussed last year looks more likely...Obviously a Ranger defenseman or two will have to be moved or sent down. I just don't see the current core on defense finishing the season, someone is going to get moved IMO.

Old
11-13-2006, 05:07 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
then how come he did not even give Staal a look for a few games, u never know, maybe he could have forced the rangers to deal on of their dman, heck alot of other NHL teams do that with their rookies, oh wait this is the rangers

Old
11-13-2006, 05:31 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain View Post

Thanks
Sanguinetti has always been considered a better offensive prospect than Staal, but as an all around defensemen Marc is well ahead of Bobby at the moment.

Old
11-14-2006, 12:09 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
then how come he did not even give Staal a look for a few games, u never know, maybe he could have forced the rangers to deal on of their dman, heck alot of other NHL teams do that with their rookies, oh wait this is the rangers

I wouldn't have minded that..play him a few games like Van. did with Luc Burdon...they sent him back after 9 games (granted he was HORRIBLE but at least he got the experience and knows what to expect)....there's a few questionable decisions the coaching staff has made with our young players...but that's just IMO.

Old
11-14-2006, 06:26 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I wouldn't have minded that..play him a few games like Van. did with Luc Burdon...they sent him back after 9 games (granted he was HORRIBLE but at least he got the experience and knows what to expect)....there's a few questionable decisions the coaching staff has made with our young players...but that's just IMO.
On the other hand,you would have some "Rangers fans" proclaiming Staal a bust and a wasted pick if Staal had a Luc Burdon performance as a Ranger

Old
11-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Dilettante

A little bit late but Pyatt scored 2 goals, 1 assist, and was a +5 in a 7-2 beating of Brampton. Puts him in 2nd in the OHL for goals and 9th for total points. Right now he's 5 goals shy of last year's total in about a third of the games. Only has 8 penalty minutes on the year to boot.

Old
11-15-2006, 11:53 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Dupont had 2 assists tonight in a 4-3 win vs a top team Kootenay Ice (minus a Ryan Russell...still out with a broken finger but expect back in less then 2 weeks)

----------
A lot of people are forgetting that certain Junior leagues are more offensive or more defensive then others, so when they see Cliche scoring all these points they are putting them ahead of other Juniors players which IMO...they shouldest. I'll give a run down on point totals on the top players in their respective leagues:

Tom Pyatt - 9th OVERALL in the OHL in Points- 21GP/19G/16A/35P/+19 (1st in the OHL in GOALS, and 2nd in the OHL in +/-)
Bobby Sanguinetti - 2nd OVERALL in the OHL among Defenseman in Points - 21GP/12G/10A/22P/E(1st in goals among defenseman)
Brodie Dupont - 12th OVERALL in the WHL in Points - 23GP/14G/13A/27P/+12
Ryan Russell - 12GP/10G/8A/18P/+6 (WHL)
Marc Andre Cliche - 32nd OVERALL in the QMJHL in Points- 25GP/12G/20A/32P/-1

----------------------
WHL is by far the most defensive league and most similar to the NHL.

OHL is a very offensive league but they focus on defense more then the QMJHL
QMJHL is all offense. Half the teams focus on only offense and barley defense, the least Canadian junior league that compares to the NHL.
-----------------------

Old
11-16-2006, 06:34 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Don Maloney spoke to his brother Dave last night on the radio.Don Maloney and Rangers capologist Cam Hope went to Europe last week to scout Jan Marek and Artem Anisimov.They were not able to see Marek because he had the flu.However,they did see Anisimov in an under-20 tournament in the Czech Republic.Maloney had never seen Anisimov in person until last week and he came away very impressed.Don said the Rangers plan on signing Anisimov next summer and bringing him over for training camp.Don added he felt Anisimov could play in Hartford right now and if the Rangers have their druthers Anisimov will be in Hartford next season.The Russians may balk at a 19 year old kid playing in the AHL like they did when the Rangers wanted Fedor Tyutin to spend 2002-03 in Hartford but Tyutin's Russian junior team still had his rights and had Tyutin play for them.Maloney didn't say anything about Anisimov playing in the CHL.Don is looking forward to seeing Anisimov again next month in the WJC

Why did Hope go to Europe with Maloney?Hope is a CBA/salary cap guy

Maloney sounded very disappointed in Jarkko Immonen.Don said if Immonen was playing at last season's level,Hartford would be a .500 team right now

Old
11-16-2006, 09:28 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Don Maloney spoke to his brother Dave last night on the radio.Don Maloney and Rangers capologist Cam Hope went to Europe last week to scout Jan Marek and Artem Anisimov.They were not able to see Marek because he had the flu.However,they did see Anisimov in an under-20 tournament in the Czech Republic.Maloney had never seen Anisimov in person until last week and he came away very impressed.Don said the Rangers plan on signing Anisimov next summer and bringing him over for training camp.Don added he felt Anisimov could play in Hartford right now and if the Rangers have their druthers Anisimov will be in Hartford next season.The Russians may balk at a 19 year old kid playing in the AHL like they did when the Rangers wanted Fedor Tyutin to spend 2002-03 in Hartford but Tyutin's Russian junior team still had his rights and had Tyutin play for them.Maloney didn't say anything about Anisimov playing in the CHL.Don is looking forward to seeing Anisimov again next month in the WJC

Why did Hope go to Europe with Maloney?Hope is a CBA/salary cap guy

Maloney sounded very disappointed in Jarkko Immonen.Don said if Immonen was playing at last season's level,Hartford would be a .500 team right now
It all depends on Anisimov's contract situation: if he's out of contract, the Russians can balk all they want, they can't do anything about it. If he is still under contract, the Rangers will have to parlay a deal for $$$$...

Old
11-16-2006, 12:28 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Dupont had 2 assists tonight in a 4-3 win vs a top team Kootenay Ice (minus a Ryan Russell...still out with a broken finger but expect back in less then 2 weeks)

----------
A lot of people are forgetting that certain Junior leagues are more offensive or more defensive then others, so when they see Cliche scoring all these points they are putting them ahead of other Juniors players which IMO...they shouldest. I'll give a run down on point totals on the top players in their respective leagues:

Tom Pyatt - 9th OVERALL in the OHL in Points- 21GP/19G/16A/35P/+19 (1st in the OHL in GOALS, and 2nd in the OHL in +/-)
Bobby Sanguinetti - 2nd OVERALL in the OHL among Defenseman in Points - 21GP/12G/10A/22P/E(1st in goals among defenseman)
Brodie Dupont - 12th OVERALL in the WHL in Points - 23GP/14G/13A/27P/+12
Ryan Russell - 12GP/10G/8A/18P/+6 (WHL)
Marc Andre Cliche - 32nd OVERALL in the QMJHL in Points- 25GP/12G/20A/32P/-1

----------------------
WHL is by far the most defensive league and most similar to the NHL.

OHL is a very offensive league but they focus on defense more then the QMJHL
QMJHL is all offense. Half the teams focus on only offense and barley defense, the least Canadian junior league that compares to the NHL.
-----------------------

The WHL is like the NHL playoffs.

The OHL is what the NHL would like to be.

The QMJHL is like the NHL All-Star game ....

Old
11-16-2006, 12:29 PM
DarthSather99

good to hear about Anisimov being he's not doing much scoring.

Old
11-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Ola

Quote:
Good to hear Anisimov impressed. Its almost impossible to tell anything on his stats. He got two good centers ahead in the RSL.

Hopefully rangers have no plans on taking Anisimov to the CHL, I don't belive in taking kids as developed as Anisimov to the CHL. They are so develop already, that inorder to be impressive in the CHL, they must break down there game, and build it up again so they can compete with the rest of the point hungry players in the CHL. They learn how to play the game against men, nobody score 1.5-2pts per game playing that way, so they must unlearn the defense ect. and start cheating again. Something they never will benefit from in the NHL.

Its diffrent if they are younger or less developed, or if they are D's.

Quote:
Why did Hope go to Europe with Maloney? Hope is a CBA/salary cap guy
Baby sit Maloney?

Old
11-16-2006, 01:28 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
It all depends on Anisimov's contract situation: if he's out of contract, the Russians can balk all they want, they can't do anything about it. If he is still under contract, the Rangers will have to parlay a deal for $$$$...
Not necessarily.The Rangers signed Fedor Tyutin to an entry level contract just after they drafted him in 2001.The Russian team which had his rights balked at Tyutin playing in the AHL as a 19 year old with Tyutin under contract to the Rangers.The Russian team still had a say because Tyutin was under 20 years old.Also,another complication is the Russian Hockey Federation isn't part of the NHL/IIHF Transfer agreement.That agreement expires this summer.The Czechs had to be dragged to the table to sign off on the transfer agreement last summer.The Russians have refused to be part of the agreement

Old
11-16-2006, 02:15 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
The WHL is like the NHL playoffs.

The OHL is what the NHL would like to be.

The QMJHL is like the NHL All-Star game ....
Haha exactly.

Old
11-16-2006, 04:15 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Not necessarily.The Rangers signed Fedor Tyutin to an entry level contract just after they drafted him in 2001.The Russian team which had his rights balked at Tyutin playing in the AHL as a 19 year old with Tyutin under contract to the Rangers.The Russian team still had a say because Tyutin was under 20 years old.Also,another complication is the Russian Hockey Federation isn't part of the NHL/IIHF Transfer agreement.That agreement expires this summer.The Czechs had to be dragged to the table to sign off on the transfer agreement last summer.The Russians have refused to be part of the agreement
I could be wrong about this, but I think the reason being under 20 mattered with Tyutin was because of the rules of the old IIHF agreement. Seeing as Russia is not covered by that agreement anymore, I don't think Anisimov's team would have any say.

It would be different if it's a matter of Russian law.

Old
11-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I could be wrong about this, but I think the reason being under 20 mattered with Tyutin was because of the rules of the old IIHF agreement. Seeing as Russia is not covered by that agreement anymore, I don't think Anisimov's team would have any say.

It would be different if it's a matter of Russian law.
I could be wrong here, but from what I remembered about the Tyutin-situation, he had a contract to play hockey in Russia, a contract that could be broken with the current IIHF-NHL transfer agreement. Though since Toots where sent first to the CHL, and then to the AHL, his Russian team said that his contract in Russia still should be valid. Since it never where a Russia-NHL situation, but a Russia-CHL-AHL situation. I can't remember exactly what the results where? The Russians had no success with that claim, right?

If Anisimov have a contract with his Russian team, its something between him and them, under Russian law. Anisimov can get in trouble under russian law if he breaks that contract.

If Sweden didn't have a IIHF-NHL transfer agreement, Swedish hockeyplayers contracts with Swedish teams wouldn't be worth much.

In Sweden the clubs can only claim $ for actual damage. No punitative/ideel stuff like in the US. If a contract where broken in Sweden, in good time, like May/June, very little money could be claimed. I don't know what the situation is in Russia.

Closed Thread