HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospects Stats/Info/Articles (PLAYOFF STATS)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2007, 10:23 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Dubi looked great in OT, and good when I saw him in the third. Of course, I went to the bathroom when he scored his second goal of the game, and missed the first two periods. I started touting Byers (I think I got caught up in his stats and age), but since watching him, he reminds me of a less-skilled Giroux.
he is alot more physical than giroux. I hope he can be a less skilled Darren McCarty

Old
01-11-2007, 01:29 AM
dank

i saw the Hartford game tonight,

thoughts:

-Dubinsky looked good, scored 2 G's, on the verge of a hattrick. He seemed to fight hard, was upset when coming to the bench and didn't have his best shift (has heart), and seemed to talk with the coach often. Looks like he's really trying to learn and win. Got the First Star.
-The puck seemed to bounce a lot.(see first and second goals). didn't seem to be frozen enough.
-Montoya gave up a super flukey first goal when the RR (riverrats) tried banking the puck in off the boards, he went to play it around the back of the net, and it bounced straight in off on ODD bounce; first part of the first period, 2nd "SOG".. 2nd goal was odd as well, a player was behind the net, comes around to the right, and even though Monty was pasted to the post it went in (haven't seen replays). Made 1 or 2 poor puckhandling decisions, one was more of a pass to the opposition. seemed shaky, but got his game going in the third, good sign?
-two good fights, both by Liffiton.
-the AHL is interestingi feel like albany is completely empty and it was cold wednesday night, so it may not very representative of the overall situation but i don't know how they stay solvent. attendance says 2997, but i felt like it couln't have been more than 500. kind of creepy. i heard Juniors games in Canada are fun to watch. felt bad for the kids playing that they were in that ratty (well named) arena.
-Isbister- interesting, very interesting. Scored one SHG in which he hustled his *** off, and very nearly got a second SHG when he also hustled, made a breakaway but was stopped by good goaltending. I noticed he had a decent shot, and when in the corners goes around as though he was much smaller. Seems like he knows what he's doing out there, but maybe is more due to experience and being a veteran AHLer, rather than skill and talent. (maybe that seemingly intangible difference is what separates talent/prospects and experienced players. our guys need "seasoning". 2nd Star of the Game.
-No Callahan Unfortunately i did not get to see him. seemed his addition of some offense and top line power was clearly missing.
-nice to see prospects liveIt's more entertaining and satisfying being at a game being able to see their progression. You get to see/focus on the little things that you can't read about or even see on TV.
-Girardi seems very solid, not too spectacular, but maybe it was him relatively good compared to others, Baranka, etc. +2 on the night. anyone think he might have a future with us? what number rank?
-Korpikoski seems solid, can handle the puck well and out of reach of others. kind of like Hossa (ours) when he plays to his max.. using his body and stick length to keep skating out of arms reach. has body to hit, saw a great pass threaded through to the front of the net. i don't have much experience with this "prospect watching" but i feel like this is what a raw-but-skilled, B+/A- prospect looks like.
-Lessard not badSkated well, muuuch better than Orr. Made some good plays and well defensively. Unlike Orr he didn't look to goon it up every moment with controversy so the coach would see. I heard he fights too, so why keep Orr?
-Moore eh, chipped in good efforts. big kid, got a penalty but i think got an assist?
-The Team now, its nice to see. they do seem very raw. good talent, good skill, but sometimes mistakes are glaring and good effort but plays/moves/etc don't work out. later, going to be fun to see them, more experience, more higher-end players.

i don't have much experience with this "prospect watching" but i feel like this is what a raw-but-skilled, B+/A- prospect looks like. Excited for the Rangers to draft more of this type. Definitely worth the $10 tickets to sit 3rd row behind the Wolfpack bench.. any more questions, i'd be happy to rack my brain for answers, its just a bit late.

Last edited by dank: 01-11-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old
01-11-2007, 01:38 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
i saw the Hartford game tonight,

thoughts:

-Dubinsky looked good, scored 2 G's, on the verge of a hattrick. He seemed to fight hard, was upset when coming to the bench and didn't have his best shift (has heart), and seemed to talk with the coach often. Looks like he's really trying to learn and win.
-The puck seemed to bounce a lot.(see first and second goals). didn't seem to be frozen enough.
-Montoya gave up a super flukey first goal when the RR (riverrats) tried banking the puck in off the boards, he went to play it around the back of the net, and it bounced straight in off on ODD bounce. 2nd goal was odd to, a player was behind the net, comes around to the right, and even though Monty was pasted to the post it went in (haven't seen replays).
-two good fights, both by Liffiton.
-the ahl is interestingi feel like albany is completely empty and it was cold wednesday night, so it may not very representative of the overall situation but i don't know how they stay solvent. attendance says 2997, but i felt like it couln't have been more than 500. kind of creepy. i heard Juniors games in Canada are fun to watch. felt bad for the kids playing that they were in that ratty (well named) arena.
-Isbister- interesting, very interesting. Scored one SHG in which he hustled his *** off, and very nearly got a second SHG when he also hustled, made a breakaway but was stopped by good goaltending. I noticed he had a decent shot, and when in the corners goes around as though he was much smaller. Seems like he knows what he's doing out there, but maybe is more due to experience and being a veteran AHLer, rather than skill and talent. (maybe that seemingly intangible difference is what separates talent/prospects and experienced players. our guys need "seasoning".
-no callahan Unfortunately i did not get to see him. seemed his addition of some offense and top line power was clearly missing.
-nice to see prospects liveIt's more entertaining and satisfying being at a game being able to see their progression. You get to see/focus on the little things that you can't read about or even see on TV.
-Girardi seems very solid, not too spectacular, but maybe it was him relatively good compared to others, Baranka, etc. +2 on the night. anyone think he might have a future with us? what number rank?
-Korpikoski seems solid, can handle the puck well and out of reach of others. kind of like Hossa (ours) when he plays to his max.. using his body and stick length to keep skating out of arms reach. has body to hit, saw a great pass threaded through to the front of the net. i don't have much experience with this "prospect watching" but i feel like this is what a raw-but-skilled, B+/A- prospect looks like.
-Lessard not bad Skated well, muuuch better than Orr. Made some good plays and well defensively. Unlike Orr he didn't look to goon it up every moment with controversy so the coach would see. I heard he fights too, so why keep Orr?
-moore eh, chipped in good efforts. big kid, got a penalty but i think got an assist?
-team now, its nice to see. they do seem very raw. good talent, good skill, but sometimes mistakes are glaring and good effort but plays/moves/etc don't work out. later, going to be fun to see them, more experience, more higher-end players.

i don't have much experience with this "prospect watching" but i feel like this is what a raw-but-skilled, B+/A- prospect looks like. Excited for the Rangers to draft more of this type. Definitely worth the $10 tickets to sit 3rd row behind the Wolfpack bench..

Lessard played with the Thrashers a few years ago, I always thought he was a decent enforcer. Id take him over Orr and maybe Hall at this point.

Old
01-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Fletch

Dank...

I forgot about Korps. He does skate with the puck out of the zone nicely, and he handles the puck nicely. Once he gets into the offensive, it all seems to change, but he's young and hopefully that will change over time. That will be the difference in him being a fourth liner, an effective third liner, or a second liner in this league. Impossible to project since he hasn't showed much offensive skills over the past few years. Oh, and he can bodycheck pretty nicely. Hopefully he turns into something more than Johan Lindbom.

AHall - on Byers - I haven't been seeing this real physical specimen. I think I was originally duped by stats, because he's a bit less aggressive that I had hoped, and he doesn't come in with a Hollweg-type force; rather he glides in like a Giroux. And he's currently the same size as Giroux was (6'3 190) - he needs to fill-out that frame. Like with so many others, he's still quite young and can grow, which would help.

Old
01-11-2007, 09:46 AM
schmieder44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
he is alot more physical than giroux. I hope he can be a less skilled Darren McCarty

Thats a good thing?

Old
01-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Ola

I am getting a bit annoyed at the AHL, saw the first two periods last night. Albany just plays a idiotic style. They have no potential whatsoever playing that way, and it defenitly makes it a ***** playing against them. They play extremely defensivly with 3 players all the time, and counter attack with two. They had some extremly luck bounces last night and managed to score two goals.

Anyway I don't care at all about how well that team were run, but the results are that since the style of play in the AHL sucks, it becomes a bad development league. When the other team backs down and plays with 4 players extremely thight around their own net our players don't get to "practise" playing a transition games ect. Its all about surfing into the attacking zone really easy, get the puck back to the D's who got all the time in the world to fire away against a goalie with 4 players infront of him looking to block shots and clear rebounds, then start over and do the same thing again.

When Albany moved up during a PP, we got two breakaways and two odd man rushes within minutes. That were pretty comical.

If HFD gets good goaltending from Montoya I expect them to win a ton of games. Not because they are all that great, but because the coaches of the other teams don't seem to realize even remotly how you play with the new rules. Don't they ever watch the NHL?

And HFD aren't playing that well either. But I can understand that too. Its especially obvious in international tournaments how easy it is in a hockey game to fall into the tempo of the team you are playing against (in a situation were one team is much "worse" then the other). Like the Czech can skate the Swedes into the ground one game, then tie Denmark in the next not skating at all.

Albany and many other teams are really quick to get back, you should always explore making a fast break, but one that isn't possible, a semi fast break is the worst option. It should either be really fast or calm or collected. HFD often goes with the semi fast option and ends up in 1 against 3 situations and looses pretty many pucks along the lines because of it. HFD can pressure a ton for 20 minutes without getting any closer then a few rebounds from close in, this is also a result of not beeing enough patient with the puck. Lets say they get pressure in the attacking zone, they are always really fast at throwing the puck back to their D's and then D's just puts it on net. As a general scheme of play thats a great style. But you also must break the pattern at times. And HFD got players who can do that, guys like Dubinksky, Korpikoski and Immonen, but its hard for them since the rest of the guys don't always seems to be up for it.

Old
01-11-2007, 10:37 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Bobby Sanguinetti was scoreless as Owen Sound fell 4-3. Bobby has 19-18-37 in 42 this season with 36PIM and a -11.

Trevor Koverko had an assist an was +1 in Oshawa's loss. He's currently at 0-14-14 in 39GP, 84PIM and -12.

Brodie Dupont was held scoreless in Calgary's defeat. He's recorded 23-25-48 in 43GP to go with 56PIM and a sparkling +14.

Hugh Jessiman has a goal in Charlotte's victory. He also fought Toronto prospect Tyson Marsh. Since being sent to Charlotte, Hugh has posted 4-4-8 in 6GP with 25PIM and a +3. Lee Falardeau recorded an assist, moving him to 5-7-12 in 46GP, 8PIM, +3.

Ryan Hillier was scoreless for Halifax. He's tallied 21-18-39 in 43GP with 55PIM and a -3.

Marc-Andre Cliche returned to Lewiston's lineup after his WJC appearance, and recorded an assist. He's now recorded 15-21-36 in 31GP, has 28PIM and stands at +13.

Old
01-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Pizza

I missed this some how. Why is Callahan not playing?

Old
01-11-2007, 11:45 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I missed this some how. Why is Callahan not playing?
Shoulder injury...back in a cpl days

Old
01-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Dilettante

Looks like Pyatt has dropped out the top-20 for scoring in the OHL, has he finally cooled off?

Old
01-12-2007, 07:54 AM
dank

i think part of it might be because he was with Canada for the WJC's for the better part of the last 3-4 weeks? I am not sure he has returned yet.

Old
01-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Taz

Quick question, what number does Staal wear? in the OHL i see 14, in pre season i saw him wear 67? what did he wear at the WJC?

The reason is im just starting Ice hockey and 67 and 14 i believe are free (my normal number in soccor is 7, which is taken)

Old
01-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Quick question, what number does Staal wear? in the OHL i see 14, in pre season i saw him wear 67? what did he wear at the WJC?

The reason is im just starting Ice hockey and 67 and 14 i believe are free (my normal number in soccor is 7, which is taken)
14 in the WJC. Thoose 60 something numbers in preseason are just handed out looking at age I think, with some exceptions.

Old
01-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Taz

Thanks Ola

Old
01-12-2007, 04:43 PM
caldercup0

Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
He's been the best defenseman in Hartford for the first half of this season, and all of last season. I think he's going to be a solid NHL defenseman.

Old
01-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Taz

is he still on an AHL contract?

Old
01-12-2007, 06:30 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldercup0 View Post
He's been the best defenseman in Hartford for the first half of this season, and all of last season. I think he's going to be a solid NHL defenseman.
is he signed to an AHL or 2-way NHL contract? (edit: found it, he was signed in '06, undrafted, #24 on our prospect poll)

seems like no one ever mentions him but when i saw him, he was very very solid. will he play for us? if yes, when and in what capacity?

Last edited by dank: 01-12-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old
01-12-2007, 08:04 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

The first post has finally been updated with the updated stats for all the players.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=6506162&postcount=1

Old
01-12-2007, 10:06 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Mike Sauer was given an A just 3 weeks after being traded to Medicine Hat...that says a lot about this kids leadership skills.

Old
01-12-2007, 11:29 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Mike Sauer was given an A just 3 weeks after being traded to Medicine Hat...that says a lot about this kids leadership skills.
Sure does, good for Mikey. I'm really beginning to get excited about this kid's potential. The thought of a blueline consisting of Staal, Sauer and Sanguinetti (hmm, three "S" names... they'll need a nickname) gives me some hope through these most trying of times.

BTW, good work updating the prospect stats. Much appreciated.

It's just pain.
Old
01-12-2007, 11:35 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:

14 for Sudbury -- I have his game jersey from last season.

Old
01-12-2007, 11:37 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
14 in the WJC. Thoose 60 something numbers in preseason are just handed out looking at age I think, with some exceptions.
Ya, the players who most likely won't make the team or the young players are given the high numbers.

No way Staal will be wearing 67, hes always been #14 so if that's not taken when he comes in then that will be his # as a Ranger.

Old
01-13-2007, 09:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Did anyone see Maine-BU last night?BU was slaughtering Maine until the 3rd period when Maine made a late comeback only to fall short.Sounds familiar.Kenny Roche had two assists and Billy Ryan had no points.Ryan did lead the rush on the PP which lead to Maine's first goal.He looks more and more like Tony Amonte did at BU.Roche made a couple of nice passes.He is listed at 6-0 198 but he seems to look bigger than that

Old
01-13-2007, 09:04 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Speaking of Sauer

Quote:
What Sauer brings is some size and experience to fill out the Tigers back end in preparation for the second half of the season and playoffs.

“Great size, very competitive, good two-way player,” said Tigers associate Shaun Clouston of the Sartell, Minn. native."Obviously he won’t be leaned on quite as much (in Medicine Hat as compared to Portland). We believe he’s capable of being one of the top defenders in the league, and that in itself is a bit of pressure.He does have help on this team, but we expect him to be a leader. He’ll log lots of ice-time and we’ll expect him to play against top lines
.”
http://www.medicinehatnews.com/article_4262.php

Old
01-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:

He wore #3 in the WJC. #14 in the OHL (which others have said).

Closed Thread