HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jamie Lundmark or Adam Hall?

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 08:37 PM
ZombieMatt

vCash: 500
Jamie Lundmark or Adam Hall?

Which one of these two young palyers is going to end up having the larger impact in the NHL?

What are their ceilings, and 'worst case scenarios'?

Which would you rather have on your team?

Thanks!

Old
11-17-2003, 08:58 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
Adam Hall, cuz he can be a physical force some games and he is a hard working player, if he doesn't score, he'll work his butt off checking.

Well at least form the games i've seen. Lundmark is very inconsistent, he has a lot of talent around him to do pretty good yet he hasn't done too great, took him forever to make the team too.
Lundmark is inconsistent because the team makes him inconsistent. Please tell me why he gets 5 minutes of ice time and is relegated to the fourth line a game after scoring a goal with two assists while just playing 10 minutes of ice time.

Also tell me how Dan Lacouture and Dale freakin Purrinton is a lot of talent around him? You expect him to do good playing 5 minutes a game with these guys as his linemates?

How about when he plays with someone like Carter, what happens then? he gets two assists. When he plays with Dominic Moore who is another story in itself, he scores a goal and gets two assists. That's talent and he's done well when he plays with it.

As long as he plays for the Rangers, he will <b>never</b> fulfill his potential.

Overall I'd say Lundmark is not inconsistent rather a young player trying to find his groove but when he does management won't allow him to stay there and flourish. And btw, your description of Hall is exactly what Lundmark has been.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:17 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

it's hard for me to judge, since lundmark hasn't really been what he was touted to be(though you raise a valid point that it's hard to do in a fourth line role), but i absolutely love adam hall. he's been one of the best surprises in recent history for the predators, quietly scoring 16 goals in his rookie year, 8 of which on the power play. he drives to the net and stays there, scoring a lot of garbage goals(although he can put in a pretty goal here and there). great checker, drops the gloves when need be. hopefully develops as well as hartnell has, into a solid young power forward.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:22 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
it's hard for me to judge, since lundmark hasn't really been what he was touted to be(though you raise a valid point that it's hard to do in a fourth line role), but i absolutely love adam hall. he's been one of the best surprises in recent history for the predators, quietly scoring 16 goals in his rookie year, 8 of which on the power play. he drives to the net and stays there, scoring a lot of garbage goals(although he can put in a pretty goal here and there). great checker, drops the gloves when need be. hopefully develops as well as hartnell has, into a solid young power forward.
I agree with NMK here. Obviously, I have seen more of Adam, and I would pick him over Lundmark. Jamie just hasn't impressed me as much, although as was pointed out he receives very little ice time.........The first game I watched I saw him pick up a few points, but then the next several he produced very little and was very ineffective. I'm not sure if this is due to inconsistency, poor linemates, bad coaching, or tough breaks. Either way, I think Hall is the better player now, and probably in the future.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:25 PM
#37-#93-#27*

2003-2004 stats are pointless, if you go by that Stu Barnes is a Hart finalist and Nagy is in the Richard trophy race.

I have nothing to say for Hall as I'm not familiar with him but I will say no way has Lundmark been disapointing at least to us fans who watch him every game. Yes I can see how you outsiders looking in get that impression but consider the situation he's in. All I have to do is refer to Manny Malhotra, Tomas Kloucek (pre concussion), etc etc

here are Lundmark's stats starting from him in the AHL 2 seasons ago.

<b>2001-2002
AHL</b> 79 games 27 goals 32 assists
<b>2002-2003
AHL</b> 22 games 9 goals 9 assists
<b>NHL</b> 55 games 8 goals 11 assists
- 18 points in 41 games, including 7 goals in his first 13 games after being called up.

Not even taking to account there are games he doesn't even get 10 minutes of ice time.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:26 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

due to injuries, hall has been playing with legwand and hartnell, and is definitely rising to the occasion.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:29 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
If i could find a site that showed his ice time i would put it up there, but for the NYR games that i have seen, he has played good, but he hasn't played good enough to get better partners, like you said he got points with Anson Carter, Carter is an established NHL player, Lundmark is not, not yet at least. Until he starts to do better with the time he is provided, he will be stuck with the same guys. The biggest problem NYR have is Sather, worst guy for their organization, next is Messier, it should be Lindros' team now, not Messier's, Lindros dominates when he is in the leadership role.
Give credit where it's due, Carter absolutely has sucked this season. Lundmark also had his two best games while playing with fellow rookie Dominic Moore. Carter was just an example of how much it helps to play with talent not a pilon like Purrinton who btw is a defenseman and a no skill Dany Lacouture.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:30 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
In all fairness, your a Rags fan, so your obviously gonna fight relentlessly for Lundmark.

Hall is more of a complete player at this point in time, both were drafted the same year, different rounds. But both are different types of players, Lundmark first off is a Centre, Hall is a winger, different responsibilities.
That isn't fair. I just knocked my rags as much as I could. I said Lundmark will never fulfill his potential if he sticks on this team, what the hell does that have to show for my bias? I also say Anson Carter sucks, Messier sucks, Malakhov sucks, Poti sucks routinely yet I'm bias for Lundmark?

Oh please, I defend the few guys on this team that deserve it.

Dunham
Lundmark
Kovalev
Leetch
Mironov (yuck)

Btw how much do you really know about Lundmark? He's probably played maybe 3 games as a centerman while on the Rangers.

Old
11-18-2003, 04:06 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I'd take Hall, he's more complete and in today's NHL the most talented doesn't always equal best player. Former captain at Michigan State, too.

Closed Thread