HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

CPU never takes penalties in 2K7 (X360)

Old
09-17-2006, 08:00 PM
PapaBear*

vCash: 500
CPU never takes penalties in 2K7 (X360)

I honestly am wondering if I got a bunk copy.

THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF!

1) One time passing option is NOT in my menus, any of them. I have went through them at least 25 times. It is NOT there. But if I go through the manual, or some of the slider threads on this site, it says its there. I really need to know if I have a bunk copy so I can get it changed, so can you guys please check in your menus if it has the "one time passing" option and if so, where? THANK YOU!

2) I have gotten one PP in over 20 games, yes thats right one! That is pathetic! And I always get called 6-7X a game, at least two 5 on 3's a game. I have even adjusted the style of play of the CPU and put them on attack and bumped up their "roughness" to 100 and mine to 0. Still nothing. Not a single difference.

3) Whenever i have the puck in coming out of my zone, the CPU ALWAYS has all 3 fwds hovering my net. That is just not normal. I adjusted their formats so its more towards a 1-2-2 and a 1-1-3 and yet no difference! I want the neutral zone presense! What the ***?

Its just so unrealistic because once I get past them, the neutral zone is so open and I can go end to end.

Someone please help.

If I cant fix any of these errors, Im sorry but I will no longer keep this game. It just takes all the realism and fun out of it.

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Pothier

Pothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 08:46 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothier View Post

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Pothier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
Im done with EA, im getting 2K tommorow. Just sold my EA now, and only lost $15 on it, so not good bad, better than trading it. I cant put up with EAs retarded A.I. anymore, its time for a real game.

So much for that "real game", eh?

Old
09-17-2006, 09:07 PM
PapaBear*

umm stay on topic, otherwise dont post. And EA only wishes it had half of the stuff 2K did.

Old
09-17-2006, 09:08 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
umm stay on topic, otherwise dont post. And EA only wishes it had half of the stuff 2K did.
Like breath and fog?

BTW i was laughing cuz your complain about every damn tiny thing in both games..its quite funny after awhile..its just a game, relax a bit and have fun with it.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Catamo
NHL2com League

vCash: 1171
Yea man you seem pretty angry, If your incapable of being a good human why are you so expectant of your games being good.

Catamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Pothier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Like breath and fog?
What about cinemotion?! You're forgetting all about cinemotion!11!

Old
09-17-2006, 09:37 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamo View Post
Yea man you seem pretty angry, If your incapable of being a good human why are you so expectant of your games being good.
So Im guessing you would be fine playing NHL 07 with no special teams? Riiight Listen im just trying to find out if i have a bad copy.

Last edited by PapaBear*: 09-17-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old
09-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Pothier

Quote:
So Im guessing you would be fine playing NHL 07 with no special teams? Riiight Listen im just trying to find out if i have a bad copy.
2k doesn't have a "right copy".

Old
09-17-2006, 10:44 PM
raskolnikov

Send a message via AIM to raskolnikov
I have both and like 2k more personally. That whole skating thing that EA is terrible at sorta kills the trick stick.

To be on topic, I have scored quite a few short handed goals in 2k so there are definately penalties. Try playing on a harder difficulty or turning them up. In fact, I get more PP then I do PK

raskolnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Meatwad

I just got 2k7 today and an XBox 360

Papabear you should try these settings for penalties I grabbed from 2khockey.net
Ive only played one game so far but i have my sliders setup pretty good. In the forums theres a section all on slider settings.

Anyways heres Venom's settings for penalties from the 2khockey.net forums:

Clicks from the left or Zero.

Roughing: 23 Clicks
Elbowing: 27 Clicks
Cross Checking: 27 Clicks
Boarding: 23 Clicks
Charging: 27 Clicks
Interference: 23 Clicks
Slashing: 27 Clicks
Hooking: 27 Clicks
Tripping: MAX Clicks
Spearing: MAX Clicks
Penalty Shots: 20 Clicks

Btw I have my hitting power set at Zero and speed burst at 4 and game speed at 3 so this all may vary depending on those aswell.

Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 01:51 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskolnikov View Post
I have both and like 2k more personally. That whole skating thing that EA is terrible at sorta kills the trick stick.

To be on topic, I have scored quite a few short handed goals in 2k so there are definately penalties. Try playing on a harder difficulty or turning them up. In fact, I get more PP then I do PK

Ok I finally got it. You pretty much have to play on all star or HOF. Pro, is retarded, there is no balance between the penalties between the two levels. Anyways i guess i have to play on All star.

My record is only 9-5-4. CPU is really cheap with the late goals. 5 straight S.O. now, and everytime I play the S.O. in this game, I really miss EAs skill stick. The one on one shooting and deking is lacking in this game.

Still havent found the one time pass option. Sounds like a misprint in the manual (pg. 36). And the CPU is always attacking me in my zone with all fwds (so realistic eh? lol). And once i blow past them, there is no presence in the neutral zone.

And ya 2K is soooooo buttery smooth, love it. Really does feel like you are on ice, whereas EA feels like roller hockey.

Last edited by PapaBear*: 09-18-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old
09-18-2006, 01:56 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrMatey View Post
I just got 2k7 today and an XBox 360

Papabear you should try these settings for penalties I grabbed from 2khockey.net
Ive only played one game so far but i have my sliders setup pretty good. In the forums theres a section all on slider settings.

Anyways heres Venom's settings for penalties from the 2khockey.net forums:

Clicks from the left or Zero.

Roughing: 23 Clicks
Elbowing: 27 Clicks
Cross Checking: 27 Clicks
Boarding: 23 Clicks
Charging: 27 Clicks
Interference: 23 Clicks
Slashing: 27 Clicks
Hooking: 27 Clicks
Tripping: MAX Clicks
Spearing: MAX Clicks
Penalty Shots: 20 Clicks

Btw I have my hitting power set at Zero and speed burst at 4 and game speed at 3 so this all may vary depending on those aswell.
I think my settings are pretty close to perfect. I have all penalties on max, and 13 game speed, 6 speed burst, 8 speed burst time.

I played around with it quite a bit just to find the right speed and this is the best. Even a notch below these settings, seems to be a noticeable drop, just too slow.

So be sure if you want PPs to play on All star or HOF. I got one PP in 20 games on Pro, and once I jumped to All star, I had 3 in the first period, and that was on the same settings.

Last edited by PapaBear*: 09-18-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old
09-18-2006, 03:53 AM
Meatwad

Keep note I play 10 min periods per game, ok so far I played 3 games.

I am not having any problems with me or the CPU receiving no or too many penalties. So far I've gotten quite alot of power plays, maybe 4 or 3 per game. My game as the Devils against the Leafs (im playing franchise). I got 7 pps in the game, the Leafs got 3 pps but I was unable to convert on any of them .

So I play 10 min periods with 1 min penalties, no complaints really.
My only suggestions would be to not use the contact stick at all, unless its a desperate attempt to stop a breakaway or somthing. Or if you have a huge lead.

If you are getting lots of calls on hits, try using your stick for checking the defensive sweep controls are useful so is the standard poke check, if you find it not working for you, just simply turn down the CPU puck retention. It will also depend on your hitting power, if its high it may increase penalties, I leave it at zero for realism sake.

Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 05:30 AM
PapaBear*

You know I hate to say it but I am rrrrrrrrreally missing the skill stick in EA. Shooting, going one on one on a goalie, coming down the half boards and putting it top shelf, just isnt the same in 2K. I mean shooting is such a key part of hockey, S.Os...breakaways are the most exciting and EA has converted that into their game so nicely. 2K cant even compare. Its just downright embarassing playing a S.O. or going in alone in 2K as opposed to EA. So bad that I dont even have fun doing it.

I really wanted EA to work for me, I tried for about 15-20 games but I couldnt. I do miss it though in a way. Dont get me wrong I love 2K, but the shooting aspect of the game is its biggest downfall.

Old
09-18-2006, 05:40 AM
Platapie

Yeah the skill stick is a big step forward. If I had to choose which game to keep, I'd keep 2K, but, despite 07's flaws this year I'm still enjoying what the title brings in its own way. This is the first year, well, ever, that I can say I'm not pissed off with either title.

I'm just finding EA's title way too easy, and the lack of sliders to make it more difficult is becoming bothersome. They do have a good base to improve on though-- so time will tell.

Quote:
Whenever i have the puck in coming out of my zone, the CPU ALWAYS has all 3 fwds hovering my net. That is just not normal. I adjusted their formats so its more towards a 1-2-2 and a 1-1-3 and yet no difference! I want the neutral zone presense! What the ***?
Both games have seemed to ingore the neutral zone entirely, and it is a huge weakness for hockey games in general. I can imagine that it's hard as hell to code, but that doesn't make it easier to swallow when both franchises have done such a poor job with it.

Platapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 05:46 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapie View Post
Yeah the skill stick is a big step forward. If I had to choose which game to keep, I'd keep 2K, but, despite 07's flaws this year I'm still enjoying what the title brings in its own way. This is the first year, well, ever, that I can say I'm not pissed off with either title.

I'm just finding EA's title way too easy, and the lack of sliders to make it more difficult is becoming bothersome. They do have a good base to improve on though-- so time will tell.

Both games have seemed to ingore the neutral zone entirely, and it is a huge weakness for hockey games in general. I can imagine that it's hard as hell to code, but that doesn't make it easier to swallow when both franchises have done such a poor job with it.
Actually, Ive heard that 2K is possible, with certain settings to beef up the neutral zone def. on the CPU side. I have it on mine. There has to be a way to alter the way the CPU plays.

Honestly though, theses two games are so much opposites I dont even know if either is worth it. 2K is still the better all round game, but the shooting aspect in it is soarly lacking. I dont know what it is, but it just doesnt seem realistic in 2k this year. I mean like come on, clearing pucks out of your zone in 2K is downright awful. Rocket slaps landing tape to tape on some one elses stick is just not realistic. They should be bouncing off stuff, like in EA. Offensively im talking, EA blows away 2K.

Old
09-18-2006, 02:36 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
im on allstar because im still trying to find a niche for scoring, but im not having problems, i had 2 ppgs from frolov my first game i played today, so i get about 2-4 calls per game sometimes, its either less then 1 or more then 2 per game, never 1 or 2 for me from the cpu... i also had a fight today, i beat that ***, lol

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote