HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Recap of Rangers' Performances During Traverse City Tournament

Old
09-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Recap of Rangers' Performances During Traverse City Tournament

HF has posted my (long) article evaluating the performances of Rangers prospects that were on the ice in Traverse City. From what I saw in training camp, this was quite predictive of how those in TC would perform this past weekend (a recap of which will be posted in the next day or two).

Link to HF article is
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 11:16 AM
eco's bones

And a very good job too.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Fletch

Glad to hear...

about Potter. Seems like an up and down camp, mostly. Aside from Dubinsky, it doesn't seem like there's any guys who showed promise of cracking the Rangers lineup (I skimmed the document, so I may've missed something).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:13 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Aside from Dubinsky, it doesn't seem like there's any guys who showed promise of cracking the Rangers lineup (I skimmed the document, so I may've missed something).
You are right. It seems that no one aside from Dubinsky made themselves stand out. A little disappointing, IMO. Good to hear that Byers had a good game. I have hopes that he can be a nastier version of Holmstrom. Conversely, Moore was disappointing. Being bigger and older, I though that he would really stand out. Ditto for Cliche & Korpikoski (I really was hoping to see more from those two). Staal was a mixed bag.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Fletch

Noone....

who many had hoped. Moore, Callahan and Korpikoski in particular. Staal seemed to be OK, which is a bit disappointing, and Sauer wasn't there, while Graham and Cliche were either injured or didn't do much. I'm glad to hear about others, like Potter, as I mentioned, and he's a guy who I've only read good things about (I just questioned whether his frame and style of play were a good combination for the NHL), and Byers seemed to play well too. But it doesn't seem as though there were many consistent performers out there. I guess it's tough to expect guys to all of the sudden click with teammates and a system, but some seemed to be able to do that. Dubinsky now has an edge on guys like Immonen and Helminen going into camp because he's gotten some game play, while those guys will no doubt be rusty early on in camp and preseason.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote