HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stinky Old Thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 08:47 PM
OYLer

vCash: 500
Stinky Old Thoughts

Buddha revealed, "do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." Tomorrow crabby little Apples will be on ice at Skyreach - Rexalled? Having recently had their Leafs fertilized with overtime horse apples, the blue labeled ones might be just a tad juiced. Containing them will require much recycling and several deposit at the visitor’s depot in order to cash in and collect two points.

Sin City odds makers will be looking for that William Tell weakness of focus amongst our youngest shinniers. The prognosticators of lost wages will be crossbowing their spreads against the probability that the young Oilers will slip-up or down. Young turkey’s laying eggs is an image better left unpainted. Especially with E-Town mashed into an intoxicating hot cider of simpler times remembered, this week can become nested with historic distraction. On display will be extraordinary Heritage Classic hockey past! And of course, more recent past reality can pale in comparison. Just two or four measly points you say, against a backdrop of historic importance? But let’s not forget the key qualifier being used is ‘past.’ Present in more recent days gone by, less than a fortnight ago, in the Little Apple there did Toronto lay a 4 to 1 licking on the Boys on the Bus.

Best then for coaches to refocus young skaters’ minds on short-term memory loss and resist long-term memory nostalgia. With two eastern Canadian teams on the plunder, and both smarting from overtime losses on their respective western road trips, life isn’t going to get any easier for the Copper & Blue. And with Adam Oates working out "in" and hopefully ready "for" the Wings, the future is definitely looking up, but present reality still reeks of that same old pile with just a different shift of venue. The young would say that stinks!

Is it fair? Well whoever promised you a rose garden probably mentioned the thorns and manure bouquet, but then don’t we all choose to ignore the bad smell, until the wind breaks foul and cold. Pointless would describe a state of being, where while living in a dream, a hard-nosed reality past you by. There are only four (4) points to remember over these next 4 days, and all of them will only be earned with intense presence. As the fall slipped into winter here in Hockey’s HinterLand, remember spring breaks earlier to the call of … FORE!!!

Old
11-19-2003, 09:20 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Buddha revealed, "do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." Tomorrow crabby little Apples will be on ice at Skyreach. Having recently had their Leafs fertilized with overtime horse apples the blue labeled ones might be just a tad juiced. Containing them will require much recycling and several deposit at the visitor’s depot in order to cash in and collect two points.

Sin City odds makers will be looking for that William Tell weakness of focus amounst our youngest shinniers. The prognosticators of lost wages will be crossbowing their spreads against the probability that the young Oilers will slip-up or down. Young turkey’s laying eggs is an image better left unpainted. Especially with E-Town mashed into an intoxicating hot cider of simpler times remembered, this week can become nested with historic distraction. On display will be extraordinary Heritage Classic hockey past! And of course, more recent past reality can pale in comparison. Just two or four measly points you say, against a backdrop of historic importance? But let’s not forget the key qualifier being used is ‘past.’ Present in more recent days gone by, less than a fortnight ago, in the Little Apple there did Toronto lay a 4 to 1 licking on the Boys on the Bus.

Best then for coaches to refocus young skaters’ minds on short-term memory loss and resist long-term memory nostalgia. With two eastern Canadian teams on the plunder, and both smarting from overtime losses on their respective western road trips, life isn’t going to get any easier for the Copper & Blue. And with Adam Oates working out "in" and hopefully ready "for" the Wings, the future is definitely looking up, but present reality still reeks of that same old pile with just a different shift of venue. The young would say that stinks!

Is it fair? Well whoever promised you a rose garden probably mentioned the thorns and manure bouquet, but then don’t we all choose to ignore the bad smell, until the wind breaks foul and cold. Pointless would describe a state of being, where while living in a dream, a hard-nosed reality past you by. There are only four (4) points to remember over these next 4 days, and all of them will only be earned with intense presence. As the fall slipped into winter here in Hockey’s HinterLand, remember spring breaks earlier to the call of … FORE!!!
I came, I saw, I nearly lost my mind

Old
11-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Buddha revealed, "do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." Tomorrow crabby little Apples will be on ice at Skyreach - Rexalled? Having recently had their Leafs fertilized with overtime horse apples, the blue labeled ones might be just a tad juiced. Containing them will require much recycling and several deposit at the visitor’s depot in order to cash in and collect two points.

Sin City odds makers will be looking for that William Tell weakness of focus amongst our youngest shinniers. The prognosticators of lost wages will be crossbowing their spreads against the probability that the young Oilers will slip-up or down. Young turkey’s laying eggs is an image better left unpainted. Especially with E-Town mashed into an intoxicating hot cider of simpler times remembered, this week can become nested with historic distraction. On display will be extraordinary Heritage Classic hockey past! And of course, more recent past reality can pale in comparison. Just two or four measly points you say, against a backdrop of historic importance? But let’s not forget the key qualifier being used is ‘past.’ Present in more recent days gone by, less than a fortnight ago, in the Little Apple there did Toronto lay a 4 to 1 licking on the Boys on the Bus.

There is obviously not enough beer or sex in your life.

Old
11-20-2003, 04:44 AM
H-Bear

So ... many ... puns .... so ... little ... time .....

Interesting read as always OYLer! I too hope that this young club can quickly forget the blunders they had agaisnt the Leafers last week. The Oilers always seem to lose their cool against this team, with a steady stream to the sin bin. Then our special teams go to work, with a final result of another frustrating loss (I say frustrating because I have friends who are Leaf fans).

MacT needs to give this team an amnesia ray (and no, for those Simpson fans out there, NOT the revolver)!

Old
11-20-2003, 05:31 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie

Interesting read as always OYLer! I too hope that this young club can quickly forget the blunders they had agaisnt the Leafers last week. The Oilers always seem to lose their cool against this team, with a steady stream to the sin bin. Then our special teams go to work, with a final result of another frustrating loss (I say frustrating because I have friends who are Leaf fans).

MacT needs to give this team an amnesia ray (and no, for those Simpson fans out there, NOT the revolver)!
Ah well... at least Marcy won't be his usual self...

way to go Saprykin.

Old
11-20-2003, 05:35 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Ah well... at least Marcy won't be his usual self...

way to go Saprykin.
Am I the only one drooling over the thought of a Tucker-Torres battle? These guys are supposed to be so much alike (Torres being a Tucker with brains); it should make for one hell of a 'pesty' game!

Old
11-20-2003, 07:39 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
There is obviously not enough beer or sex in your life.

Old
11-20-2003, 07:41 AM
barto

Quote:
Am I the only one drooling over the thought of a Tucker-Torres battle? These guys are supposed to be so much alike (Torres being a Tucker with brains); it should make for one hell of a 'pesty' game!
Well, that's what I would have thought before the season began, but I haven't seen ONE time where Torres was being a 'pest' or disturber or whatever this year...has anyone else?

Torres was supposed to be our Tucker, get the emotion going, get BG 'into' the games more often, etc. but all the guy (Torres) does is SCORE GOALS! Lowe really dropped the ball on this one...

In any case, the Torres-Tucker thing doesn't seem as likely now having seen Torres play the first many weeks here.

Bart

Old
11-20-2003, 08:20 AM
OYLer

Quote:

Thank you comrie, as always you read the play between the lines with studied intensity and your stickwork bears watching. Those tricky little moves in front of the crease sometimes delivered with Gordie Howe elbows can tip-in out tip-out a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Boondock Saint[/b]]There is obviously not enough beer or sex in your life.
To Boondock Saint, I say, CHEERS buddy! cause I'm heading home for tonight's tilt, 'to be with the one I love' and not just have too 'love the one I'm with.' Been seriously with the same most beautiful woman in the world, 'since the summer of '69.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 [/b]]I came, I saw, I nearly lost my mind
And finally to you LMHF#1, my fine good-humoured cyber-friend, Rome was not built in a day, so your mind may yet be mine or maybe at least borrowed so off of it I may dust a little of its mould! No, wait a minute, didn't they breakup that mould after you were born, then ground it down and ... don't you smoke-it-up like incense now at your house?

Old
11-20-2003, 02:58 PM
MrMackey

Quote:

Hark, it is OYLer with another complex idiom, even though your posts are difficult to read, I try my best to understand what is being said. Sometimes I need some help, but I always appreciate the EFFORT you put in to your musings as I am surely smarter having read them... even though I feel dumb.

Closed Thread